Who BeDeviled the Boxscore Against Virginia Tech?

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

Who was the BeDeviler against Virginia Tech?

1. Nolan Smith
42%
2. Jon Scheyer
No votes
3. Kyle Singler
8%
4. Lance Thomas
No votes
5. Miles Plumlee
No votes
6. Mason Plumlee
No votes
7. Brian Zoubek
50%
8. Andre Dawkins
No votes
9. Ryan Kelly
No votes

Total votes: 12
EarlJam
PWing School Associate Professor

Who BeDeviled the Boxscore Against Virginia Tech?

Post by EarlJam » February 21st, 2010, 11:13 pm

Okay, who dunnit?!
Your mama wears combat boots to bed.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Re: Who BeDeviled the Boxscore Against Virginia Tech?

Post by devildeac » February 22nd, 2010, 12:03 am

I wanna give 1/2 a vote to Kyle and 1/2 a vote to ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.

We don't win tonight without Kyle the warrior.

Nor do we win tonight without our rebounding machine.
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » February 22nd, 2010, 12:07 am

Getting repetitive, but Zoubs again. Singler was my MOTM. Even the announcers gave Brian credit for doing everything that doesn't show up in the score. I also could have gone with Lance, he played some great D again...but Brian did it all.
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » February 22nd, 2010, 12:10 am

Kyle was a true warrior tonight, and gets my vote for BOTM, because Zoubek was an absolute beast and got my vote for MOTM! The determination and hustle for many of his rebounds, after he had his 3rd foul, was inspiring. And he absolutely refused to come out after he banged his knee (?) when he went down tangled with Delaney midway through the second half. In fact, I'm pretty sure he played the entire rest of the game without coming out. His one bucket (and one) was the turning point of the game, putting us back up by 5 at 52-47. I will fondly remember this game as "The Zoubek game". If it weren't for Brian, we wouldn't have won tonight.
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » February 22nd, 2010, 12:13 am

In one of our worst shooting games of the season, it's gotta be the Z-man with all those boards.
EarlJam

Post by EarlJam » February 22nd, 2010, 12:15 am

It was a very tough choice for me, but I went with Nolan Smith. Nolan hit some very crucial shots at very crucial times during the game. He also made (and finished) some incredible moves to the hoop.

Finally, he took no fecal matter off of VT, after the fumble, pile-on play. He went toe to toe with VT's player and even took an elbow to the face. He was "Duke Tough" tonight.

I couldn't vote for Brian because I just think he was a little above "BeDeviler" tonight with the 16 rebounds and the points he got. Yes, he did all the little things such as screen setting and overall presence (a huge deal), but I just thought Nolan deserved a vote for his gritty, ice-in-veins, clutch play. It was very, very, very close though.

What a great win.

-EarlJam
Your mama wears combat boots to bed.
TNTDevil
Part Time Student at PWing school
Part Time Student at PWing school

Post by TNTDevil » February 22nd, 2010, 9:06 am

EarlJam wrote:It was a very tough choice for me, but I went with Nolan Smith. Nolan hit some very crucial shots at very crucial times during the game. He also made (and finished) some incredible moves to the hoop.

Finally, he took no fecal matter off of VT, after the fumble, pile-on play. He went toe to toe with VT's player and even took an elbow to the face. He was "Duke Tough" tonight.

I couldn't vote for Brian because I just think he was a little above "BeDeviler" tonight with the 16 rebounds and the points he got. Yes, he did all the little things such as screen setting and overall presence (a huge deal), but I just thought Nolan deserved a vote for his gritty, ice-in-veins, clutch play. It was very, very, very close though.

What a great win.

-EarlJam
Yep, EJ got it exactly right. He also did a fantastic defensive job on Delaney for most of the first half.
"I was gratified to be able to answer promptly. I said I don't know."- Mark Twain
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » February 22nd, 2010, 6:50 pm

I thought about going with Nolan for the reasons enumerated by EarlJam, but I went with Z. He played another solid game. Aside from 16 (!) rebounds, he didn't lead in other statistical categories. His game has improved by leaps and bounds, even since the beginning of the season. Remember how he used to lose the ball on rebounds because someone would knock it out of his hands? Seems like that's not happening so much any more. I sincerely hope that MP1 is watching and taking notes. I think he has the potential to be even better than Z.

Major kudos to Nolan Smith for his defense and solid play.
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein