Tilly's Great Hawaiian Adventure

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

captmojo
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Re: Tilly's Great Hawaiian Adventure

Post by captmojo » May 3rd, 2009, 1:17 pm

knights68 wrote:
Lavabe wrote:Well, so did Tilly jump the shark yesterday? ;) :-ss :-bd
I do not believe she "jumped" any sharks, and thought am sure she wanted to pet a few... it was all restricted to the confines of her metal cage and her mind. :lol:

And now as Sue pointed out, Shopping is on the agenda today? May God have mercy on the merchants souls today! :))
If there is a deal to be found, a sale to be had, I am betting she'll be the one to find it. Just one of her many impressive qualities and awesome 'superpowers'
Well, if it was Hattie's, the products are relatively frugal. However, it is still possible to lose your mind in that joint but much more may be had for the dollar than 99% of other places.(anywhere in Waikiki)
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"
Ima Facultiwyfe
PWing School Professor

Post by Ima Facultiwyfe » May 3rd, 2009, 4:39 pm

Has anybody else noticed how quiet and lonesome it seems here on the mainland already?
Love, Ima
"We will never NEVER go away." -- D. Cutcliffe
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » May 3rd, 2009, 6:38 pm

Is Tilly getting her fill of Hawaiian slack key guitar music? \:D/

OOOOOOH... has she been listening to Barry Flanagan/Hapa? :-bd
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » May 3rd, 2009, 8:13 pm

Hi everyone, finally have internet access. Knights68 did a good job passing along my adventures. My mother and I did not make it to Hilo Hatties, but we did make it to the International Market. Bought A LOT of pearls. Even bought a Wilma Flintstone set of pearls and matching earrings.

I arrived Thursday afternoon and hit the beach. Spent time in the water and called Sue from the beach. As Sue noted, the water was fabulous and I didn't want to get out. The sand is a little courser than it is on the mainland, but still soft.

Friday morning I got up at the crack of dawn to be picked up for my 8 hour tour of Pearl Harbor and other WWII points of interest. Jarhead recommended this tour, and I second it. We started off at the USS Arizona. Learned a lot about December 7th and the planning of the attack. As Knights68 noted, I did get the chance to meet a couple of survivors. I had hoped to, but didn't have my heart set on it. When our guide told us that some of the survivors come on Fridays I couldn't believe my luck. Got their autographs, received a plumeria flower from them, and got my picture taken with them. I could not believe I was in the presence of living history and heros. Now I'm getting chocked up. After spending some money in the gift shop I headed over to the theater to see a movie about the attack, then headed to the USS Arizona Memorial. It is hard to believe that just below water level over a thousand remains from the attack are there. Quite overwhelming. Friday was a beautiful day, much like December 7th, 1941 was so I was able to imagine how beauty turned to tragedy in an instant.

After the USS Arizona, which is still technically still an active ship, we went to Wheeler Army Airfield, then Schofield Barracks. Stopped at the Pineapple Pentagon, the army headquarters of the Pacific. And saw a couple of sites from Disney's Pearl Harbor movie.

After my tour Mom, Dad, and I headed to Duke's for drinks and nachos. Just had to stop at Duke's! After that we went to the International Market.

Saturday we all got up at 5 a.m., packed, had breakfast, and headed to the North Shore. I boarded the boat just before 8:00 a.m. and headed out to see the sharks. I was so amazed at how close they came to us. I really did want to reach out and touch them, but as Knights68 pointed out, it was against the rules, in fact the boat captain commented on my video that I'm the kind of customer they have to lookout for. Watched the video last night and it is great!! The DVD is one of those mini ones and I can't load on my parents MacBook to post on youtube, but will do so when I'm back in NC.

Since we had checked out of the hotel and there weren't any showers at the dock my parents scouted out a park in Waimea that had a waterfall. We decided that was my best option for getting rid of the sea salt. So, we hiked to the falls and I got into the freshwater waterfall and pool. Ohhhhhh, did that water ever feel good. My dad took pics and video of that experience and I will post those also when I'm home. The park was absolutely beautiful!!! Saw all kinds of flora, fauna, and animals. Saw chicken like animals digging in the dirt, and eating some dirt. The park also has a couple of peacocks roaming around, boy are they loud. After having some pretty awesome bar-b-que, we headed to airport to catch our plane to the big island.

We're staying on the western side of the big island and the place looks desolate due to all the lava rocks. Yet amoung the black and brown patches of lava, there is vegetation sprouting. Absolutely amazing to see.

I was so exhausted from my experiences that I went to bed at 9:00 last night and didn't get up until 8:00 this morning. We are heading over to the lobby to meet with the conceirge to plan the rest of the vacation. Gotta run!

Will post as often as I can.

Wish you all were here with me, instead of in my computer.
I worship the Blue Devil!
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » May 3rd, 2009, 9:05 pm

TillyGalore wrote:Hi everyone, finally have internet access. Knights68 did a good job passing along my adventures. My mother and I did not make it to Hilo Hatties, but we did make it to the International Market. Bought A LOT of pearls. Even bought a Wilma Flintstone set of pearls and matching earrings.

I arrived Thursday afternoon and hit the beach. Spent time in the water and called Sue from the beach. As Sue noted, the water was fabulous and I didn't want to get out. The sand is a little courser than it is on the mainland, but still soft.

Friday morning I got up at the crack of dawn to be picked up for my 8 hour tour of Pearl Harbor and other WWII points of interest. Jarhead recommended this tour, and I second it. We started off at the USS Arizona. Learned a lot about December 7th and the planning of the attack. As Knights68 noted, I did get the chance to meet a couple of survivors. I had hoped to, but didn't have my heart set on it. When our guide told us that some of the survivors come on Fridays I couldn't believe my luck. Got their autographs, received a plumeria flower from them, and got my picture taken with them. I could not believe I was in the presence of living history and heros. Now I'm getting chocked up. After spending some money in the gift shop I headed over to the theater to see a movie about the attack, then headed to the USS Arizona Memorial. It is hard to believe that just below water level over a thousand remains from the attack are there. Quite overwhelming. Friday was a beautiful day, much like December 7th, 1941 was so I was able to imagine how beauty turned to tragedy in an instant.

After the USS Arizona, which is still technically still an active ship, we went to Wheeler Army Airfield, then Schofield Barracks. Stopped at the Pineapple Pentagon, the army headquarters of the Pacific. And saw a couple of sites from Disney's Pearl Harbor movie.

After my tour Mom, Dad, and I headed to Duke's for drinks and nachos. Just had to stop at Duke's! After that we went to the International Market.

Saturday we all got up at 5 a.m., packed, had breakfast, and headed to the North Shore. I boarded the boat just before 8:00 a.m. and headed out to see the sharks. I was so amazed at how close they came to us. I really did want to reach out and touch them, but as Knights68 pointed out, it was against the rules, in fact the boat captain commented on my video that I'm the kind of customer they have to lookout for. Watched the video last night and it is great!! The DVD is one of those mini ones and I can't load on my parents MacBook to post on youtube, but will do so when I'm back in NC.

Since we had checked out of the hotel and there weren't any showers at the dock my parents scouted out a park in Waimea that had a waterfall. We decided that was my best option for getting rid of the sea salt. So, we hiked to the falls and I got into the freshwater waterfall and pool. Ohhhhhh, did that water ever feel good. My dad took pics and video of that experience and I will post those also when I'm home. The park was absolutely beautiful!!! Saw all kinds of flora, fauna, and animals. Saw chicken like animals digging in the dirt, and eating some dirt. The park also has a couple of peacocks roaming around, boy are they loud. After having some pretty awesome bar-b-que, we headed to airport to catch our plane to the big island.

We're staying on the western side of the big island and the place looks desolate due to all the lava rocks. Yet amoung the black and brown patches of lava, there is vegetation sprouting. Absolutely amazing to see.

I was so exhausted from my experiences that I went to bed at 9:00 last night and didn't get up until 8:00 this morning. We are heading over to the lobby to meet with the conceirge to plan the rest of the vacation. Gotta run!

Will post as often as I can.

Wish you all were here with me, instead of in my computer.
Tilly, just as I remember! I was thinking you would end up at International Market :D Dukes is great isn't it! You'll have to tell me more about the waterfalls! BTW, Watch out for those lava rocks, they can be sharp! sounds like you hit alot of the hot spots! Good for you! Can't wait for next updates!
IamDuke
PW in training
PW in training

Post by IamDuke » May 4th, 2009, 9:45 am

What a wonderful time for you! It sounds like the best anyone could wish for. Can't wait for your pics.
Sue71
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by Sue71 » May 4th, 2009, 2:09 pm

Tilly, quit PWing and go swim. You're in Hawaii, for goodness sake! (we need a hula smilie)
You don't walk the plank in NJ. You just disappear. Forever.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » May 4th, 2009, 2:43 pm

I saw Tilly lurking a little bit ago. Tilly, you should go sacrifice a football into a volcano so that Duke will have success and go bowling this year. Better yet, go find some kid playing with football, and when nobody's looking, snatch him. Then go throw him AND the football in. The gods are always happiest if humans get sacrificed, too.
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
knights68
Full Time Student at PWing school

Post by knights68 » May 4th, 2009, 9:06 pm

Just heard from Tilly. All goes well on the big island. She and her parents are having an awesome time.
They plan to go up Kilau... kauli.... the big volcano (Kilauea?). I warned them in advance to take something warm because 1/2 to 2/3 of the way up it turns cold. They do not have anything warm to take, so I am hoping they fair well up 'da 'cano!

After that, they are going to the lava flows. And yeppers, I told Tilly she needs to fight the urge to touch the pretty glowing red substance... it'll be on the toasty side! :))

On a side note here on the home front, took a pair of pants of Tilly's, laid 'em on the floor by the bed and the youngest catnip (Moneypenny) has curled up and went to sleep on them every night.
everyone say a collective "aaawwwwwwww" now! lol

And that concludes the latest and greatest that I know
Sue71

Post by Sue71 » May 4th, 2009, 9:16 pm

knights68 wrote:Just heard from Tilly. All goes well on the big island. She and her parents are having an awesome time.
They plan to go up Kilau... kauli.... the big volcano (Kilauea?). I warned them in advance to take something warm because 1/2 to 2/3 of the way up it turns cold. They do not have anything warm to take, so I am hoping they fair well up 'da 'cano!

After that, they are going to the lava flows. And yeppers, I told Tilly she needs to fight the urge to touch the pretty glowing red substance... it'll be on the toasty side! :))

On a side note here on the home front, took a pair of pants of Tilly's, laid 'em on the floor by the bed and the youngest catnip (Moneypenny) has curled up and went to sleep on them every night.
everyone say a collective "aaawwwwwwww" now! lol

And that concludes the latest and greatest that I know
Yeah, um, methinks that since you are posting "updates", she's been kidnapped either to your closet or basement. :ymdevil:
You don't walk the plank in NJ. You just disappear. Forever.
knights68

Post by knights68 » May 4th, 2009, 9:36 pm

Sue71 wrote: methinks that since you are posting "updates", she's been kidnapped either to your closet or basement. :ymdevil:
:)) yes yes of course. She is in the closet snacking on Easter Chocolate whilst humming the Duke Fight Song as I keep her locked in yet well fed. Kind of tricky to slide bits of chocolate bunny under the door. And the cats staring at the door for hours creeps me out, but only when I look in their direction!

My plan to successfully take over Tilly's house and her life has come to pass! =))
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » May 4th, 2009, 10:00 pm

knights68 wrote:
Sue71 wrote: methinks that since you are posting "updates", she's been kidnapped either to your closet or basement. :ymdevil:
=))
I would have never guessed! You go my man! :ymparty:
knights68

Post by knights68 » May 6th, 2009, 7:46 pm

Newest update:
Tilly and her dad yesterday kept their heads under water for a spell (snorkeling) and the fam walked a lot and even made it up a volcano and saw some lava and she shamelessly "borrowed" a few lava rocks.
And she got to visit an actual lava tube of which gave her the claustrophobic heebie jeebies.

She is having fun still in between the shopping, snorkeling, hiking and hanging out with her parents. In a way I envy her as she has such a relationship with her parents, not everyone is as blessed.

She also noted that the weather there, the temps mostly, were not as hot as perhaps some may have believed, staying between the upper 80's and low 90's the whole time so far. I guess the chance of a snow storm blanketing mainland Hawaii is about as remote as Ozzy rooting for anyone dressed in powder blue =))

I've rambled enough for now. She asked me to tell ya she said hhhiiiiiiiii and misses ya'll.

More later
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » May 6th, 2009, 8:53 pm

Thanks for the update knight, sounds like she's having a blast.
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
Ima Facultiwyfe
PWing School Professor

Post by Ima Facultiwyfe » May 6th, 2009, 11:14 pm

It's rained every day since you left, Til ! Bring some Hawaiian sunshine back with you when you come. Hope you are having the time of your life, kiddo. :ymhug:
Love, Ima
"We will never NEVER go away." -- D. Cutcliffe
knights68

Post by knights68 » May 7th, 2009, 7:06 pm

Slight update:
She and her parents took the day off yesterday and today.... just resting up and regenerating before they do more stuff today and I think a little in the morning before catching a plane or three back to Baltimore.
Tilly will return to her normal posting and life will get back to abnormal on Tuesday!!
captmojo
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Post by captmojo » May 7th, 2009, 8:19 pm

knights68 wrote:...and she shamelessly "borrowed" a few lava rocks.
Whooo! No, no here. It's BAD luck to take natural lava rocks away. Ask the natives. :-o :-s
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"
knights68

Post by knights68 » May 8th, 2009, 5:50 pm

captmojo wrote:
Whooo! No, no here. It's BAD luck to take natural lava rocks away. Ask the natives. :-o :-s
I will relay this very useful info to her and let her decide what she wishes to do.
At least she didn't take some ancient idol from a burial ground (ala Brady Bunch... lol) :))
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » May 9th, 2009, 7:14 pm

Is Tilly back home yet? :?: :?: :?:
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
knights68

Post by knights68 » May 9th, 2009, 9:24 pm

captmojo wrote:
I told Tilly of this and she is taking the appropriate action I believe. What is the legend about black sand? lol
OZZIE4DUKE wrote:Is Tilly back home yet? :?: :?: :?:
Tilly will be arriving in Baltimore tomorrow and in this area Monday mid-afternoon where she will surely post and call and email folks shortly thereafter to let them know of her adventures.