Halloween

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

wilson
PWing School Professor

Halloween

Post by wilson » October 5th, 2009, 8:48 pm

Is it too early? I don't think so (I mean, what, are we gonna have a Columbus Day thread or something?).
Anyway, I recently decided that over time, I was gonna build a really good pirate costume and just wear it for Halloween (and a couple of other occasions) every year...I think I shared this plan here.
Well, Mom just agreed to make the coat for me. It's gonna be a red, frock-length (roughly knee-length) coat with black and gold trim. Very Captain Hook. It's even gonna have a pimp ass paisley lining.
I might have a new pirate avatar after Halloween.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Re: Halloween

Post by CameronBornAndBred » October 5th, 2009, 8:54 pm

wilson wrote:Is it too early?
NO! :ymdevil: :Pirate: :joking: :bandit: :ghostrider: :hobgoblin:
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » October 5th, 2009, 8:56 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:
We need a ghost icon. Too bad Santa only comes once a year.
(He blames mrs. clause)
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » October 5th, 2009, 8:58 pm

(He blames mrs. clause)
We need some Muppet smileys too.
cl15876
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by cl15876 » October 5th, 2009, 9:03 pm

(He blames mrs. clause)
Hey Chris.... check this out... remember what I was telling you???? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmgf60CI_ks Year round bebe!!!! =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) (JK)
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » October 5th, 2009, 9:06 pm

cl15876 wrote:
CameronBornAndBred wrote: NO! :ymdevil: :Pirate: :joking: :bandit: :ghostrider: :hobgoblin:
(He blames mrs. clause)
Hey Chris.... check this out... remember what I was telling you???? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmgf60CI_ks Year round bebe!!!! =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) (JK)
I love that song...but it isn't even Halloween yet...so you are on my list...for the next two days... [-(
Miles
PWing School Associate Professor
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by Miles » October 5th, 2009, 11:00 pm

I am really excited about Halloween this year. This has always been one of my most favorite holidays but for the past ten years I've always been too busy, or just not in a good place to celebrate. This year is different. I'm back home, and I've got Kelly and we're both really excited about getting dressed up together. She's going as a beer wench and I'm going as an oom-pah tuba player. Pictures will be posted. :-bd
sMiles
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » October 5th, 2009, 11:04 pm

I'd just like to point out that I posted my comment on your Facebook page before reading this thread. :D
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » October 5th, 2009, 11:06 pm

My Halloween decoration needs to come out soon. I found a hand towel a few years ago featuring a cute little vampire bat. Anyone care to guess what's written under the bat?
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » October 5th, 2009, 11:08 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:My Halloween decoration needs to come out soon. I found a hand towel a few years ago featuring a cute little vampire bat. Anyone care to guess what's written under the bat?
Don't drop the soap? :ymblushing: :ymblushing: :ymblushing: :ymblushing: :D
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » October 5th, 2009, 11:10 pm

cl15876 wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote:My Halloween decoration needs to come out soon. I found a hand towel a few years ago featuring a cute little vampire bat. Anyone care to guess what's written under the bat?
Nope! Try again!
-- Albert Einstein
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » October 5th, 2009, 11:38 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:
cl15876 wrote:
Nope! Try again!
don't bite me there!!!! :ymblushing: :ymblushing: :ymblushing: :ymblushing: :ymblushing: :p
knights68
Full Time Student at PWing school

Post by knights68 » October 6th, 2009, 11:58 am

anyone know of a cool website or two that has great Halloween soundtracks? I am planning something at work and this would work out well.
I'd love to find a particular classic collection of sound effects and the sort.... including that of a martian munching on an astronaut. ha ha, it was awesome!
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » October 6th, 2009, 12:13 pm

knights68 wrote:anyone know of a cool website or two that has great Halloween soundtracks? I am planning something at work and this would work out well.
I'd love to find a particular classic collection of sound effects and the sort.... including that of a martian munching on an astronaut. ha ha, it was awesome!
For many years on Halloween, I would open our bedroom windows, weather permitting, place very large speakers there and play Mussourgsky's (sp?) Pictures at an Exhibition and Be Careful with that Ax, Eugene. (~~) :ymdevil:
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » October 6th, 2009, 12:14 pm

devildeac wrote:
knights68 wrote:anyone know of a cool website or two that has great Halloween soundtracks? I am planning something at work and this would work out well.
For many years on Halloween, I would open our bedroom windows, weather permitting, place very large speakers there and play Mussourgsky's (sp?) Pictures at an Exhibition and Be Careful with that Ax, Eugene. (~~) :ymdevil:
It's all about the Monster Mash.
DukieInKansas
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » October 6th, 2009, 12:16 pm

wilson wrote:
devildeac wrote:
It was a graveyard smash.
Life is good!
knights68

Post by knights68 » October 6th, 2009, 12:17 pm

devildeac wrote: For many years on Halloween, I would open our bedroom windows, weather permitting, place very large speakers there and play Mussourgsky's (sp?) Pictures at an Exhibition and Be Careful with that Ax, Eugene. (~~) :ymdevil:
:)) awesome!
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » October 6th, 2009, 12:19 pm

DukieInKansas wrote:
wilson wrote:
devildeac wrote:For many years on Halloween, I would open our bedroom windows, weather permitting, place very large speakers there and play Mussourgsky's (sp?) Pictures at an Exhibition and Be Careful with that Ax, Eugene. (~~) :ymdevil:
It caught on in a flash
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
knights68

Post by knights68 » October 6th, 2009, 12:19 pm

DukieInKansas wrote:
wilson wrote:It's all about the Monster Mash.
windsor wrote:
It caught on in a flash
Well duh! lol,
as they played the mash B-)
Bostondevil
Graduate Student at PWing school
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by Bostondevil » October 6th, 2009, 3:35 pm

wilson wrote:Is it too early? I don't think so (I mean, what, are we gonna have a Columbus Day thread or something?).
Anyway, I recently decided that over time, I was gonna build a really good pirate costume and just wear it for Halloween (and a couple of other occasions) every year...I think I shared this plan here.
Well, Mom just agreed to make the coat for me. It's gonna be a red, frock-length (roughly knee-length) coat with black and gold trim. Very Captain Hook. It's even gonna have a pimp ass paisley lining.
I might have a new pirate avatar after Halloween.
Just out of curiosity, would a pirate wear something like this on his feet? http://knitty.com/ISSUEwinter07/PATTtoirneach.html

If these stockings or something like that with a few moderations would make wilson feel extra authentic. BD could be persuaded to knit them for him. (With the usual caveat that it will take awhile.) BD can also make some alterations to the pattern if it looks too kilty and not piratey enough (like leaving off the flap).
The time is out of joint, O cursed spite!