Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

FB staff changes...Duke Dances With Diaz

Post by CameronBornAndBred » November 26th, 2023, 5:34 pm

Might as well fire it up.

New update, and new coach for A&M
Texas A&M and Duke's Mike Elko have reached an agreement to make him the school's next head coach, sources told ESPN on Sunday.
https://www.espn.com/college-football/s ... next-coach
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
DukePA
PWing School Associate Professor
PWing School Associate Professor

Re: Duke Football Coaching Search

Post by DukePA » November 26th, 2023, 5:36 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:
November 26th, 2023, 5:34 pm
Might as well fire it up.

New update, and new coach for A&M
Texas A&M and Duke's Mike Elko have reached an agreement to make him the school's next head coach, sources told ESPN on Sunday.
https://www.espn.com/college-football/s ... next-coach
Damn it to hell. Fucker heads 😡😡😡
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » November 26th, 2023, 5:43 pm

Lot's of people have complained about Kevin Johns, our OC, but I'm not one of those. I'd be ok with him keeping some continuity, and hopefully at least 2 of our quarterbacks.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » November 27th, 2023, 1:12 pm

I watched Nina King's brief press conference. Trooper Taylor is the interim HC. She has talked personally to the players and the staff, and will talk tonight via Zoom to our commits and at some point soon (not clear if it was tonight) to the parents of the current players.

We have hired Parker Executive Search to find a new HC.

I will skip all the nauseating comments she made about talking to Dead to Me and thanking him, but she did say those things. Unlike him, she has class. :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » November 27th, 2023, 2:43 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:
November 27th, 2023, 1:12 pm
I watched Nina King's brief press conference. Trooper Taylor is the interim HC. She has talked personally to the players and the staff, and will talk tonight via Zoom to our commits and at some point soon (not clear if it was tonight) to the parents of the current players.

I will skip all the nauseating comments she made about talking to Dead to Me and thanking him, but she did say those things. Unlike him, she has class. :9f:
If anyone is interested, this is from TDD and a little bit of insider info:

From an Adam Rowe article, not sure if it’s 247 Sports or TDD premium board:

" From Rowe’s article:

“As late as last night, Mike Elko was still telling players, recruits, and their parents that he was 50/50 on whether or not he would accept the offer to take the Texas A&M Head Coaching Job. But overnight, the 46-year old boarded a plane to fly to College Station and is expected to take over the Aggies program where he worked as Defensive Coordinator for four years.

According to sources, a Zoom meeting is scheduled for 10AM where Elko is expected to inform the team he is leaving but a number of players have indicated they are not planning to attend.

Current players watched video posted online by Aggies247.com as Elko and his wife, Michelle, departed Texas A&M’s private jet along with Athletics Director Ross Bjork. Several of them expressed disbelief on social media that the coach who had told them earlier that afternoon at 3PM in an in-person meeting that he was 50/50 on whether or not he would take the job left in the middle of the night without informing them first of his decision.”

Posted without comment but to support a lot of the “she said/he said” speculation.

Edit (to convey additional information): (inside info says) Zoom meeting lasted 7 minutes and not many players attended

I can understand the career move and $$ but what a lying, disingenuous, unprofessional PoS character this demonstrates.
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » November 27th, 2023, 3:11 pm

devildeac wrote:
November 27th, 2023, 2:43 pm
lawgrad91 wrote:

" From Rowe’s article:

“As late as last night, Mike Elko was still telling players, recruits, and their parents that he was 50/50 on whether or not he would accept the offer to take the Texas A&M Head Coaching Job. But overnight, the 46-year old boarded a plane to fly to College Station and is expected to take over the Aggies program where he worked as Defensive Coordinator for four years.

According to sources, a Zoom meeting is scheduled for 10AM where Elko is expected to inform the team he is leaving but a number of players have indicated they are not planning to attend.

Current players watched video posted online by Aggies247.com as Elko and his wife, Michelle, departed Texas A&M’s private jet along with Athletics Director Ross Bjork. Several of them expressed disbelief on social media that the coach who had told them earlier that afternoon at 3PM in an in-person meeting that he was 50/50 on whether or not he would take the job left in the middle of the night without informing them first of his decision.”

Posted without comment but to support a lot of the “she said/he said” speculation.

Edit (to convey additional information): (inside info says) Zoom meeting lasted 7 minutes and not many players attended

I can understand the career move and $$ but what a lying, disingenuous, unprofessional PoS character this demonstrates.
I'm in total agreement with your last line, except I would add the word "cowardly" to the description.
Iron Duke #1471997.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » November 27th, 2023, 6:09 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:
November 27th, 2023, 3:11 pm
devildeac wrote:
November 27th, 2023, 2:43 pm
lawgrad91 wrote:

" From Rowe’s article:

I'm in total agreement with your last line, except I would add the word "cowardly" to the description.
And your addition would be 150% correct, too.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » November 27th, 2023, 6:28 pm

Sporks for devildeac and law grad. Agree 110% with their sentiments. As I said elsewhere, I lost a lot (all?) respect for Mike Elko over his handling of the situation.
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » November 27th, 2023, 6:30 pm

On another note, I saw Jim Knowles mentioned as a potential replacement. Seems like he would be a good hire and possibly a good fit.
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » November 27th, 2023, 6:34 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:
November 27th, 2023, 6:30 pm
On another note, I saw Jim Knowles mentioned as a potential replacement. Seems like he would be a good hire and possibly a good fit.
Hadn't seen this one.

Here's an early list/link I grabbed from The Devil's Den:

https://athlonsports.com/college-footba ... -mike-elko
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » November 27th, 2023, 6:40 pm

devildeac wrote:
November 27th, 2023, 6:34 pm
ArkieDukie wrote:
Hadn't seen this one.

Thanks for sharing! Interesting list. I saw a couple of those names elsewhere. Do you know if this list is ranked? To me, the more interesting names are closer to the top of the list.
-- Albert Einstein
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » November 27th, 2023, 10:09 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:
November 27th, 2023, 6:40 pm
devildeac wrote:
November 27th, 2023, 6:34 pm
ArkieDukie wrote:
Hadn't seen this one.

Thanks for sharing! Interesting list. I saw a couple of those names elsewhere. Do you know if this list is ranked? To me, the more interesting names are closer to the top of the list.
Doesn't seem to be "ranked" but what do I know? :veryconfused:
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » November 30th, 2023, 2:58 pm

From 247 Sports (full article is paywalled):

"There have been reported interviews with Power Five Defensive Coordinators Manny Diaz, Jim Knowles, and Tony Gibson, and hirings of guys who we have had on previous coaching boards including James Madison Head Coach Curt Cignetti to Indiana and Colorado Offensive Coordinator Sean Lewis to San Diego State."
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » November 30th, 2023, 5:01 pm

devildeac wrote:
November 30th, 2023, 2:58 pm
From 247 Sports (full article is paywalled):

"There have been reported interviews with Power Five Defensive Coordinators Manny Diaz, Jim Knowles, and Tony Gibson, and hirings of guys who we have had on previous coaching boards including James Madison Head Coach Curt Cignetti to Indiana and Colorado Offensive Coordinator Sean Lewis to San Diego State."
Yeah, I'm sure Indiana had feelers out on Cignetti, since their "search" took all of four days. Indiana is a good comparison "basketball school" to Duke when it comes to the gridiron.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Re: Duke Football Coaching Search...looking like we're entering the Diaz days

Post by CameronBornAndBred » December 7th, 2023, 12:15 pm

Duke is expected to hire Penn State defensive coordinator Manny Diaz as its next head coach, Yahoo Sports’ Ross Dellenger reports.
https://www.si.com/college/2023/12/07/d ... head-coach

More sources are reporting this is happening, but it seems nothing is true in the world of football coaches until the ink is dry.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Re: Duke Football Coaching Search...looking like we're entering the Diaz days

Post by lawgrad91 » December 7th, 2023, 9:03 pm

IMG_0667.png
Iron Duke #1471997.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Re: Football Coaching Search...Duke Dances With Diaz

Post by CameronBornAndBred » December 7th, 2023, 9:21 pm

Nina's done great with her hires so far, so I have faith she's done it again. Looking forward to the next season, and to seeing what Manny does in the portal.

:wizard:
Bob Green
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by Bob Green » December 8th, 2023, 4:43 am

Welcome to Duke, Manny Diaz.
OPK
Graduate Student at PWing school
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by OPK » December 8th, 2023, 6:42 am

Welcome, Coach! LGD!
OZZIE4DUKE