The Political Junkie Thread

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Re: The Political Junkie Thread

Post by CameronBornAndBred » February 6th, 2024, 9:48 pm

She wasn't an effective enough kingmaker.
Republican National Committee chairwoman Ronna McDaniel has offered to leave her position following the South Carolina primary later this month to allow former President Donald Trump to install his own leaders of the party, two party advisers told CNN. She has also discussed those plans with Trump, according to a person a familiar.
https://www.cnn.com/2024/02/06/politics ... index.html
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
OPK
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by OPK » February 16th, 2024, 7:01 pm

Ouch.
CrazyNotCrazie
Full Time Student at PWing school

Post by CrazyNotCrazie » February 16th, 2024, 9:01 pm

The judge had zero tolerance for his BS. Love it. And nice they came down on the boys as well. Beavis and Butthead.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » February 16th, 2024, 9:16 pm

OPK wrote:
February 16th, 2024, 7:01 pm
Ouch.
:violin: :violin:
Phredd3

Post by Phredd3 » February 17th, 2024, 7:51 am

OPK wrote:
Ouch.
Is it normal to limit a ban like that to a just a few years? Three years seems like a pretty short term of exclusion for systematic fraud, but maybe that's a normal outcome. Does anyone here know for sure?
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » February 17th, 2024, 8:29 am

Phredd3 wrote:
February 17th, 2024, 7:51 am
OPK wrote:
Ouch.
Is it normal to limit a ban like that to a just a few years? Three years seems like a pretty short term of exclusion for systematic fraud, but maybe that's a normal outcome. Does anyone here know for sure?
I saw in one story that it was done this way to make it more difficult for Trump to win an appeal based on alleged bias against him. Just one more way he gets away with crap, if that’s true.
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
OPK

Post by OPK » February 17th, 2024, 10:28 am

Phredd3 wrote:
February 17th, 2024, 7:51 am
OPK wrote:
Ouch.
I think an appellate court had already put a stay on the prior corporate death penalty, so I assume the judge thought this was less likely to get reversed.

More important than the ban, though,is ordering the independent mo it or to remain for at least three years. The monitor — a retired federal judge — will review and oversee the books on the Trump Org and its tentacles. She has already found significant irregularities. I expect further charges to be forthcoming.
Phredd3

Post by Phredd3 » February 22nd, 2024, 11:27 am

So will the Alabama Supreme Court also make IUDs and the morning after pill illegal in Alabama?
OPK

Post by OPK » February 22nd, 2024, 12:46 pm

Judge Engoron entered the judgment today in the NY civil fraud case — Trump has 30 days to post the bond if he wants to appeal absent intervention from another court.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » February 22nd, 2024, 1:09 pm

Phredd3 wrote:
February 22nd, 2024, 11:27 am
So will the Alabama Supreme Court also make IUDs and the morning after pill illegal in Alabama?
What I'm wondering, since the 'Bama supreme court ruled that frozen embryos are children, how much did the population of the whole state just increase by? Can they be declared as dependents?
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » February 22nd, 2024, 1:10 pm

OPK wrote:
February 22nd, 2024, 12:46 pm
Judge Engoron entered the judgment today in the NY civil fraud case — Trump has 30 days to post the bond if he wants to appeal absent intervention from another court.
I like how Tump and Habba are begging for extra time from the judge that they've spent the last year berating.
OPK

Post by OPK » February 22nd, 2024, 1:25 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:
February 22nd, 2024, 1:10 pm
OPK wrote:
February 22nd, 2024, 12:46 pm
I like how Tump and Habba are begging for extra time from the judge that they've spent the last year berating.
Yup. Good luck getting a bond or the cash from anyone outside of Russia or Saudi.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » February 23rd, 2024, 6:40 am

February 22nd, 2024, 1:09 pm
Phredd3 wrote:
What I'm wondering, since the 'Bama supreme court ruled that frozen embryos are children, how much did the population of the whole state just increase by? Can they be declared as dependents?
Another friend pointed out that frozen embryo storage facilities just became day cares.
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
CrazyNotCrazie

Post by CrazyNotCrazie » February 23rd, 2024, 3:19 pm

February 22nd, 2024, 1:09 pm
Phredd3 wrote:
Let's see what happens come census time when Alabama suddenly gets apportioned a few more seats because its population has grown so much.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » February 23rd, 2024, 7:09 pm

FudgesicleKids.jpg
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » February 27th, 2024, 10:44 am

Lindsey Graham decides that this year is not a good year to introduce his semi-annual national abortion ban bill.
In each of the last five full sessions of Congress, dating to 2013, he proposed legislation to ban abortion at 20 weeks. After the Supreme Court struck down Roe v. Wade, he triumphantly announced new legislation to ban abortion at 15 weeks, irking some of his colleagues by doing so less than two months before the 2022 midterm elections.
Since 2013, he has never waited this long into a congressional session to file a national abortion ban bill. Asked about the decision, he brushed it off.
“I haven’t even thought about it,” Graham said in a brief interview in December.
Arguing that the Senate needs to get through negotiations over immigration and Ukraine aid first, Graham added: “I eventually will, next year.”
https://www.yahoo.com/news/first-time-y ... 41191.html

Ahhh, yes...immigration & Ukraine, that's the ticket! (That and risking the wrath of the entire GOP in an election year where the topic is political poison.)
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » March 5th, 2024, 1:04 pm

There's not a lot of drama today, even though it's "Super Tuesday". The outcome of the POTUS races are a given.

California's a fun one to watch, though.
Twenty-seven candidates have filed for the Feinstein seat. The four leading contenders are Democratic Reps. Adam Schiff, Katie Porter and Barbara Lee, plus Republican Steve Garvey, a former Major League Baseball player. They are running not only to fill Feinstein's 2025 open seat, but also to complete her term in the final weeks of 2024.

This deep blue state has a top-two primary, meaning all candidates run against each other on the same ballot regardless of party. So the question is whether this will be a heated campaign between two Democrats or if Republican challenger Garvey will wiggle his way into the final two.
https://www.yahoo.com/gma/california-se ... 09822.html
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » March 5th, 2024, 3:04 pm

The Sinema cinema is over. She's out, so it sets the stage for Kari Liar Lake vs Ruben Gallego in the Arizona Senate race.
OPK

Post by OPK » March 5th, 2024, 3:09 pm

March 5th, 2024, 3:04 pm
The Sinema cinema is over. She's out, so it sets the stage for Kari Liar Lake vs Ruben Gallego in the Arizona Senate race.
Lake has already won; it’s just a matter of whether they recognize it or whether it is stolen from her again.

Just ask her.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » March 6th, 2024, 9:35 am

Wayyyyy too much to quote, so I'll simply highlight the headline of this article that spotlights many of Mark Robinson's not so distant social media posts. He's trying to make Trump jealous with some of the gems he's written.
The Next Governor of North Carolina Could Be a Holocaust Denier Who Hates Pretty Much Everybody
https://www.yahoo.com/news/next-governo ... 24174.html