Lots of vibes needed

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Lots of vibes needed

Post by ArkieDukie » November 2nd, 2020, 6:19 pm

Today was a horrible day. First thing this morning, I learned that my uncle is in the hospital with Covid-19. Then, shortly after arriving at work, I learned that my 85 yr old boss was diagnosed with a brain tumor. He’s having surgery tomorrow. I’m just sick.

The good news is, my boss will be getting the absolute best care possible. Wash U is pulling out all the stops. He told me, in an email from his hospital bed, that he will be back at work in 2 weeks. I hope that’s true.

2020 sucks.
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
OPK
Graduate Student at PWing school

Re: Lots of vibes needed

Post by OPK » November 2nd, 2020, 7:10 pm

{{{{{{{vibes}}}}}}}
{{{{{{{vibes}}}}}}}
{{{{{{{vibes}}}}}}}
{{{{{{{vibes}}}}}}}
{{{{{{{vibes}}}}}}}
richardjackson199
PWing as a hobby
PWing as a hobby

Post by richardjackson199 » November 2nd, 2020, 8:15 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:
November 2nd, 2020, 6:19 pm
Today was a horrible day. First thing this morning, I learned that my uncle is in the hospital with Covid-19. Then, shortly after arriving at work, I learned that my 85 yr old boss was diagnosed with a brain tumor. He’s having surgery tomorrow. I’m just sick.

The good news is, my boss will be getting the absolute best care possible. Wash U is pulling out all the stops. He told me, in an email from his hospital bed, that he will be back at work in 2 weeks. I hope that’s true.

2020 sucks.
Best wishes to your uncle, boss, and you.
fuse
Full Time Student at PWing school

Post by fuse » November 2nd, 2020, 9:14 pm

Offering you only the bestest of good vibes.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » November 2nd, 2020, 10:14 pm

Thanks, all. From the sound of things, my uncle’s condition is much improved. I’m so relieved.
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
shereec
PWing School Professor

Post by shereec » November 3rd, 2020, 6:20 am

vibes and hugs and prayers
Phredd3

Post by Phredd3 » November 3rd, 2020, 9:46 am

Glad to hear the good news about your uncle. Wash U will take world-class care of your boss. What will be, will be, but he'll get the best chance. Good vibes to you.
DukieInKansas
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » November 3rd, 2020, 11:10 am

Prayers and Vibes and Hugs for you and yours, AD.

:YMPRAY: :wizard: :ymhug: :YMPRAY: :wizard: :ymhug: :YMPRAY: :wizard: :ymhug: :YMPRAY: :wizard: :ymhug:
:YMPRAY: :wizard: :ymhug: :YMPRAY: :wizard: :ymhug: :YMPRAY: :wizard: :ymhug: :YMPRAY: :wizard: :ymhug:
Life is good!
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » November 3rd, 2020, 11:47 am

Surgery day. Too focused on that to worry as much about the election. :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
-- Albert Einstein
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » November 8th, 2020, 6:48 am

Update: the medical staff is having trouble with my uncle’s oxygen levels. He has bilateral pneumonia. :-ss :YMPRAY: :YMPRAY: :YMPRAY: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
-- Albert Einstein
OPK

Post by OPK » November 8th, 2020, 7:30 am

ArkieDukie wrote:
November 8th, 2020, 6:48 am
Update: the medical staff is having trouble with my uncle’s oxygen levels. He has bilateral pneumonia. :-ss :YMPRAY: :YMPRAY: :YMPRAY: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
{{{{{{{vibes]]]]]]]
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » November 8th, 2020, 7:32 am

}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » November 8th, 2020, 4:37 pm

Vibes and prayers.
Iron Duke #1471997.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » November 18th, 2020, 7:54 am

Update time. My uncle is home after 1.5 weeks in the hospital. According to my dad, he is still on oxygen and having trouble with his lungs. Covid sucks.

As for my boss, he had a zoom meeting with us last week. He lost vision in one eye and has to use a cane, and he has some memory issues that he says will improve as he heals. Despite this, he is going to the park and walking for 30 min - 1 hr every day. Says he’ll be back to work soon. I’m in awe and hope I’m that resilient at 86.
-- Albert Einstein
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » November 19th, 2020, 8:24 am

ArkieDukie wrote:
November 2nd, 2020, 6:19 pm

2020 sucks.
Sending prayers.
OPK

Post by OPK » November 21st, 2020, 8:02 am

ArkieDukie wrote:
November 18th, 2020, 7:54 am
Update time. My uncle is home after 1.5 weeks in the hospital. According to my dad, he is still on oxygen and having trouble with his lungs. Covid sucks.

As for my boss, he had a zoom meeting with us last week. He lost vision in one eye and has to use a cane, and he has some memory issues that he says will improve as he heals. Despite this, he is going to the park and walking for 30 min - 1 hr every day. Says he’ll be back to work soon. I’m in awe and hope I’m that resilient at 86.
Prayers and vibes your way, AD.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » November 22nd, 2020, 7:18 pm

Thanks, all!

The boss made an appearance at work on Friday morning. He looked great! He’s planning to come in on Monday or Tuesday as well. He will be starting low dose radiation and chemo after Thanksgiving.
-- Albert Einstein
Ima Facultiwyfe
PWing School Professor

Post by Ima Facultiwyfe » November 29th, 2020, 3:10 pm

Late to the party so I'm sending MEGA vibes to make up for it!! What's the latest, Arkie? How far away does your uncle live? I know he'd brighten up if he had a look at your perky face -- even if it IS wearing a mask!!!

Since the Old Prof and I are both in our eighties, we have the GREATEST admiration for that boss of yours! Has he shared his prognosis with you?

Keep us posted.
Love, Ima
"We will never NEVER go away." -- D. Cutcliffe
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » November 30th, 2020, 7:54 am

Ima Facultiwyfe wrote:
November 29th, 2020, 3:10 pm
Late to the party so I'm sending MEGA vibes to make up for it!! What's the latest, Arkie? How far away does your uncle live? I know he'd brighten up if he had a look at your perky face -- even if it IS wearing a mask!!!

Since the Old Prof and I are both in our eighties, we have the GREATEST admiration for that boss of yours! Has he shared his prognosis with you?

Keep us posted.
Love, Ima
Thanks, Ima!

My uncle is about 5 hrs away, and COVID is raging in that section of rural AR, so I’m staying away for now. He is home but still on oxygen. He had to go back to the hospital last week but is home again after a dose of (likely) dexamethasone. Need to call Dad and check on him again. (The uncle in question is my dad’s youngest brother.)

The boss has not shared his prognosis. He was at work again last week on both Tuesday and Wednesday, for a few hours each time. I suspect he’s making sure everything is good in the lab before he starts treatment this week. The senior person in the lab is taking over, so he was meeting individually with each lab member and the senior guy. Of course, he was also very bored at home, so that was his other reason for coming in.

Like you, I have the deepest admiration for him. He’s a bit legendary. When those who know him ask how he’s doing and I say he has been back at work, they smile, shake their heads and say, “Of course he has.” Dude went for a walk in the park the day he came home from the hospital, a mere 3 days after his surgery. I hope I can exhibit that much fortitude if I’m ever in a similar position.
-- Albert Einstein