Pie Bets

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

richardjackson199
PWing as a hobby
PWing as a hobby

Pie Bets

Post by richardjackson199 » October 25th, 2020, 2:49 pm

:chef: :dinner: You know it. I know it. Crazietalk needs some crazie pie bets.

The loser ships the winner a pie from this website. This links fruit pies, but if you hover over the Pies link near top you can also choose from cream pies, pumpkin & pecan pies, etc.

https://shop.gtpie.com/order/category/fruit-pies/

I have one outstanding pie bet with Nrrrvous. If Biden wins NC, I ship :-s a pie. If Trump wins NC, he ships one to me. :character-beavisbutthead:

So here is the next bet proposal. Bet on National presidential election winner. Pie odds set by Troublemaker:
Biden wins the election: Loser ships winner one pie.
Trump wins the election: Loser ships winner two pies (given current projected odds to win).

Bet must be accepted within 24 hours and only goes to first taker. Not Nrrrvous since we already have a bet.
I'll take either side of the bet above, as it seems like a fair bet to me either way. And I'm just ready to kick-off pie betting on CT, so I'm not too worried about it win or lose.
Who wants to play? B-)
Nrrrrvous
Part Time Student at PWing school

Re: Pie Bets

Post by Nrrrrvous » October 25th, 2020, 3:13 pm

I can already taste my pie from NC so I'm going to hold there! :D

Should you rename this the Ymm, Pie thread?
richardjackson199
PWing as a hobby
PWing as a hobby

Post by richardjackson199 » October 25th, 2020, 3:22 pm

Nrrrrvous wrote:
October 25th, 2020, 3:13 pm
I can already taste my pie from NC so I'm going to hold there! :D

Should you rename this the Ymm, Pie thread?
NC will be close.

I also considered naming the thread The Futures of the Pie
OPK
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by OPK » October 25th, 2020, 4:51 pm

richardjackson199 wrote:
October 25th, 2020, 2:49 pm

The loser ships the winner a pie from this website. This links fruit pies, but if you hover over the Pies link near top you can also choose from cream pies, pumpkin & pecan pies, etc.

I have one outstanding pie bet with Nrrrvous. If Biden wins NC, I ship :-s a pie. If Trump wins NC, he ships one to me. :character-beavisbutthead:

So here is the next bet proposal. Bet on National presidential election winner. Pie odds set by Troublemaker:
Trump wins the election: Loser ships winner two pies (given current projected odds to win).

Bet must be accepted within 24 hours and only goes to first taker. Not Nrrrvous since we already have a bet.
I'll take either side of the bet above, as it seems like a fair bet to me either way. And I'm just ready to kick-off pie betting on CT, so I'm not too worried about it win or lose.
Who wants to play? B-)
I’ll take Biden on that 2:1.

It’s straight up true odds at RCP, which is more bullish on Trump than Nate Silver is.

So, really just taking it to add tension to an otherwise serene election.
richardjackson199
PWing as a hobby
PWing as a hobby

Post by richardjackson199 » October 25th, 2020, 5:32 pm

OPK wrote:
October 25th, 2020, 4:51 pm
richardjackson199 wrote:

Who wants to play? B-)

It’s straight up true odds at RCP, which is more bullish on Trump than Nate Silver is.

Fantastic! Thanks for playing. B-)
<shakes on it> I'll take Trump for the pie bet in the general election. Are you eyeing that bourbon chocolate pecan pie to pair with your double-oaked Woodford? :banana-guitar:
OPK

Post by OPK » October 25th, 2020, 6:13 pm

richardjackson199 wrote:
October 25th, 2020, 5:32 pm
OPK wrote:
richardjackson199 wrote:

Who wants to play? B-)

<shakes on it> I'll take Trump for the pie bet in the general election. Are you eyeing that bourbon chocolate pecan pie to pair with your double-oaked Woodford? :banana-guitar:
Haven’t looked, just trying to scratch my action junkie itch since my annual Oct/Nov Vegas trip Isn’t happening this year.
richardjackson199
PWing as a hobby
PWing as a hobby

Post by richardjackson199 » October 25th, 2020, 6:19 pm

OPK wrote:
October 25th, 2020, 6:13 pm
richardjackson199 wrote:
OPK wrote:

Haven’t looked, just trying to scratch my action junkie itch since my annual Oct/Nov Vegas trip Isn’t happening this year.
Mine either. I usually go in early December for a CME conference but not happening in 2020. Last year was Wynn, and this year was supposed to be Cosmopolitan. 2021 will have some cards and bourbon though, I'm optimistic. Whenever I get back to Vegas, and probably going to be a while, I'm going to splurge for Waldorf Astoria Las Vegas. I've visited friends staying there and they have a hell of a rooftop pool, skyview bar, and central location near Aria
OPK

Post by OPK » October 25th, 2020, 6:34 pm

richardjackson199 wrote:
October 25th, 2020, 6:19 pm
OPK wrote:
richardjackson199 wrote:

Mine either. I usually go in early December for a CME conference but not happening in 2020. Last year was Wynn, and this year was supposed to be Cosmopolitan. 2021 will have some cards and bourbon though, I'm optimistic. Whenever I get back to Vegas, and probably going to be a while, I'm going to splurge for Waldorf Astoria Las Vegas. I've visited friends staying there and they have a hell of a rooftop pool, skyview bar, and central location near Aria
Hopefully we will be at a point where they can safely, and enjoyably, start having the WSOP Circuit events again at Cherokee. Those are fun.

Do you play on PokerStars or another online site (fake money)? If so PM or text me, let’s get up a game.
richardjackson199
PWing as a hobby
PWing as a hobby

Post by richardjackson199 » October 25th, 2020, 7:02 pm

OPK wrote:
October 25th, 2020, 6:34 pm
richardjackson199 wrote:
October 25th, 2020, 6:19 pm
OPK wrote:

Hopefully we will be at a point where they can safely, and enjoyably, start having the WSOP Circuit events again at Cherokee. Those are fun.

Do you play on PokerStars or another online site (fake money)? If so PM or text me, let’s get up a game.
I've been hearing good things about Cherokee recently but never been. Funny that I've been to Vegas many times but never there.

I've played a few online games with our family on PokerStars for fake money, so I should have an account. Never real money and never would. I was terrified of online poker when I had friends from my home game who never got paid out of their Full Tilt accounts back in the day. And I always enjoyed the camaraderie of live poker. But I'm definitely in for a fake money online game now.

I'm sure I could find some fun players and that you could. I'm terrible right now playing once a year or less for the last 15 years. But back when I could play, I learned that playing with better players was the best way to improve and paid bigger dividends in Vegas. Saturdays/Sundays would probably be the only days I could swing these days with work schedule. But if that works just let me know when.
richardjackson199
PWing as a hobby
PWing as a hobby

Post by richardjackson199 » October 25th, 2020, 7:07 pm

We gotta include Jason Evans and Mattman91 in this poker game too! :ymcowboy:
OPK

Post by OPK » October 25th, 2020, 7:10 pm

richardjackson199 wrote:
October 25th, 2020, 7:07 pm
We need to do it on PokerFace, so we can have live video chat in that case!

I think that only does cash games though. Still, the entertainment value would be worth losing fake money.
richardjackson199
PWing as a hobby
PWing as a hobby

Post by richardjackson199 » October 25th, 2020, 7:36 pm

OPK wrote:
October 25th, 2020, 7:10 pm
richardjackson199 wrote:
We need to do it on PokerFace, so we can have live video chat in that case!

I think that only does cash games though. Still, the entertainment value would be worth losing fake money.
Pokerface does sound more fun... :bandit:
mattman91

Post by mattman91 » October 25th, 2020, 7:53 pm

Did someone say online poker? I'm in.

We could always use Zoom for live chat. :orcs-buttshake:
:obscene-drinkingbuddies:
richardjackson199
PWing as a hobby
PWing as a hobby

Post by richardjackson199 » October 25th, 2020, 7:59 pm

mattman91 wrote:
October 25th, 2020, 7:53 pm

props to your plastic surgeon for the job he did on your scrotum. No scars but gangrene may be setting in so keep taking those antibiotics
OPK

Post by OPK » October 25th, 2020, 8:03 pm

richardjackson199 wrote:
October 25th, 2020, 7:59 pm
mattman91 wrote:

props to your plastic surgeon for the job he did on your scrotum. No scars but gangrene may be setting in so keep taking those antibiotics
If there is a scrotum emoji, I’m out of here.
richardjackson199
PWing as a hobby
PWing as a hobby

Post by richardjackson199 » October 25th, 2020, 8:09 pm

OPK wrote:
October 25th, 2020, 8:03 pm
richardjackson199 wrote:
mattman91 wrote:

Nahhh if you can handle In Bruges you'll give us one more chance. I'll forfeit one PW trophy and accept an infraction. That was just Mattman's TikTok dance emoji.
Last edited by richardjackson199 on October 25th, 2020, 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » October 25th, 2020, 8:11 pm

:violence-chainsaw: :violence-duel: :violence-enforcer: :violence-fencing: :violence-guntoting: :violence-impact: :violence-instagib: :violence-minigun: :violence-pistol: :violence-pistoldouble: :violence-plasma: :violence-rambo: :violence-rapidfire: :violence-ripper: :violence-rocket: :violence-shock: :violence-shootself: :violence-smack: :violence-sniperdark: :violence-sniperprone: :violence-snipersmiley: :violence-stickwhack: :violence-swords: :violence-telefrag:
richardjackson199 wrote:
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
OPK

Post by OPK » October 25th, 2020, 8:12 pm

richardjackson199 wrote:
October 25th, 2020, 8:09 pm
OPK wrote:
October 25th, 2020, 8:03 pm
richardjackson199 wrote:

Nahhh if you can handle In Bruges you'll give us one more chance. I'll forfeit one PW trophy and accept an infraction. That was just a TikTok dance emoji.
A bottle is a deadly weapon, y’know.
OPK

Post by OPK » October 25th, 2020, 8:13 pm

devildeac wrote:
October 25th, 2020, 8:11 pm
:violence-chainsaw: :violence-duel: :violence-enforcer: :violence-fencing: :violence-guntoting: :violence-impact: :violence-instagib: :violence-minigun: :violence-pistol: :violence-pistoldouble: :violence-plasma: :violence-rambo: :violence-rapidfire: :violence-ripper: :violence-rocket: :violence-shock: :violence-shootself: :violence-smack: :violence-sniperdark: :violence-sniperprone: :violence-snipersmiley: :violence-stickwhack: :violence-swords: :violence-telefrag:
richardjackson199 wrote:
Nah, they made their peace. Let’s settle things on the felt.

Shuffle up and deal!
Nrrrrvous

Post by Nrrrrvous » October 25th, 2020, 8:23 pm

devildeac wrote:
October 25th, 2020, 8:11 pm
richardjackson199 wrote:
Wow. Didn't realize we had a "view more smilies" link. That's some scary $#i%