Biden won, it's over --- The Election Thread

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

dudog
Full Time Student at PWing school

Re: Trump Vs Biden --- The Election Thread

Post by dudog » January 20th, 2021, 2:10 pm

Almost PM'd this to CnC (he seems to have a thing for Broadway musicals :D ) OY, but thought y'all might enjoy it.

https://www.facebook.com/RandyRainbowOf ... 524916636/
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » January 20th, 2021, 2:15 pm

CrazyNotCrazie wrote:
January 20th, 2021, 1:25 pm
I could not be happier. Hopefully this will be a return to normalcy. It feels like I am waking up from a really bad dream. More importantly, hopefully all of these people who have embraced a new version of the truth will wake up and return to reality.

That being said, I am having some major withdrawal already. I need to find a new hobby. I can be a bit OCD and following politics and checking political threads was a thing for me.
I know I will be active in the political junkie thread at least.
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
dudog

Post by dudog » January 20th, 2021, 2:28 pm

Interesting (and fitting!) that his actions over the last 2 months probably destroyed his chance at relevancy. He just can't help himself, certainly has mental problems.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... li=BBnb7Kz
His thirst to find a way to stay in office has threatened his hopes for a lasting political life after the Presidency. Later in the morning, as Republican leaders joined the incoming President Joe Biden at a church service, Trump’s growing irrelevance was already on full display.

Twenty minutes later, Trump waved to a sparsely-attended goodbye ceremony at Andrews Air Force Base.
CrazyNotCrazie

Post by CrazyNotCrazie » January 20th, 2021, 2:55 pm

dudog wrote:
January 20th, 2021, 2:10 pm
Almost PM'd this to CnC (he seems to have a thing for Broadway musicals :D ) OY, but thought y'all might enjoy it.

https://www.facebook.com/RandyRainbowOf ... 524916636/
That's awesome. Thanks. I think the same guy did one to the same song making fun of Trump's call to the GA secretary of state asking him to change votes.
Phredd3

Post by Phredd3 » January 20th, 2021, 3:15 pm

I watched the inauguration today. I'm just so relieved to have a caring human being in that office again. My room was oddly dusty, though. I need to remember to go in there and clean after I finish my celebrations.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » January 20th, 2021, 5:24 pm

No more ugly orange man! :happy-bouncyblue: :dance: :happy-bouncyblue: :dance:
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
dudog

Post by dudog » January 20th, 2021, 6:47 pm

"Have a nice life."

Aren't those the final pissy words you say during a high school break-up?

Classy to the end.
Furniture
Part Time Student at PWing school
Part Time Student at PWing school

Post by Furniture » January 20th, 2021, 9:35 pm

CrazyNotCrazie wrote:
January 20th, 2021, 1:25 pm
I could not be happier. Hopefully this will be a return to normalcy. It feels like I am waking up from a really bad dream. More importantly, hopefully all of these people who have embraced a new version of the truth will wake up and return to reality.

That being said, I am having some major withdrawal already. I need to find a new hobby. I can be a bit OCD and following politics and checking political threads was a thing for me.
I am with you on the withdrawal thing. I’ll probably end up paying more attention at work though and I intend to watch the news less and ride my bike more. That has to be good.
I’ll probably pay a little more attention to the basketball team now. Having all that said that I am still going to check out my fav Rachel Maddow and similar others when they have interesting stories and I certainly don’t think we are done with tRumpty DUMBty. More of his shenanigans will come out as time passes and then we will have the impeachment too. Plenty to discuss. If that’s not happening OY or here and it goes on in the Political Junkies thread then count me in. I hope it can become a thriving and interesting discussion.

At the moment I am enjoying the show with Mrs. F and a big G&T. Life is good.
If anyone ever tells you they are a stable genius. Get the hell out of there.
dudog

Re: Biden won, it's over --- The Election Thread

Post by dudog » January 20th, 2021, 11:26 pm

The grift goes on. Trump extends Secret Service protection for his adult children 6 months, will cost us taxpayers millions of course. I guess the multi-billionaire family can't afford to provide their own protection. The Proud Boys would probably give them a good rate.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... li=BBorjTa

Really want to get pissed off? How about this line from the article:
From 2017 to 2019, government records show, Trump family members took more than 4,500 trips that required the Secret Service to travel alongside them, costing taxpayers tens of millions of dollars.
4,500 trips!!!!!!!!
Wander
PW in training
PW in training

Post by Wander » January 21st, 2021, 8:58 am

Listening to Clinton, Bush, and Obama talk last night was breath of fresh air. The fact that they even did that little get together at all says a lot.
CrazyNotCrazie

Post by CrazyNotCrazie » January 21st, 2021, 9:08 am

dudog wrote:
January 20th, 2021, 11:26 pm
The grift goes on. Trump extends Secret Service protection for his adult children 6 months, will cost us taxpayers millions of course. I guess the multi-billionaire family can't afford to provide their own protection. The Proud Boys would probably give them a good rate.

From 2017 to 2019, government records show, Trump family members took more than 4,500 trips that required the Secret Service to travel alongside them, costing taxpayers tens of millions of dollars.
4,500 trips!!!!!!!!
So which one is it, Donnie - all of your kids were working for you in government, which isn't really allowed, or the government was supporting your business endeavors, which also isn't kosher? Heads he loses, tails he loses.

I'm glad he thinks that anyone even cares about his kids. If he gets impeached, does this all go away? I'm OK letting Barron keep it until he is 16 because I kind of feel bad for the kid.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » January 21st, 2021, 9:12 am

CrazyNotCrazie wrote:
January 21st, 2021, 9:08 am
I'm glad he thinks that anyone even cares about his kids. If he gets impeached, does this all go away? I'm OK letting Barron keep it until he is 16 because I kind of feel bad for the kid.
I feel bad for the SS guys. I'm sure they are thrilled to have to keep following those asshats around.
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
OPK
Graduate Student at PWing school
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by OPK » January 21st, 2021, 10:22 am

CrazyNotCrazie wrote:
January 21st, 2021, 9:08 am
dudog wrote:

4,500 trips!!!!!!!!
So which one is it, Donnie - all of your kids were working for you in government, which isn't really allowed, or the government was supporting your business endeavors, which also isn't kosher? Heads he loses, tails he loses.

If he is convicted in the Senate, he could lose both secret service protection and his lifetime pension.
Phredd3

Post by Phredd3 » January 21st, 2021, 10:28 am

dudog wrote:
The grift goes on. Trump extends Secret Service protection for his adult children 6 months, will cost us taxpayers millions of course. I guess the multi-billionaire family can't afford to provide their own protection.
Biden could undo that. Not that it would be a good, bi-partisan look, but he could at least put in some anti-corruption codicils in there. Things like reinforcing that the government will not pay for the SS when it might create the appearance of impropriety, or some such language to prevent the family from just camping out at M-a-L and forcing the government to fork millions directly over to The Family.
dudog

Post by dudog » January 21st, 2021, 2:16 pm

‘Really quite shocking’: Inside the ugly transition at the Pentagon
https://news.yahoo.com/really-quite-sho ... _test=2_04

These people need to be prosecuted. They won't be, but they should be. At a minimum I hope they are given such black marks that they can't get near a government or lobbying job for the next 16 years (2 Biden terms, 2 Harris terms :D )
CrazyNotCrazie

Post by CrazyNotCrazie » January 21st, 2021, 2:34 pm

dudog wrote:
January 21st, 2021, 2:16 pm

These people need to be prosecuted. They won't be, but they should be. At a minimum I hope they are given such black marks that they can't get near a government or lobbying job for the next 16 years (2 Biden terms, 2 Harris terms :D )
Too bad for them they weren't on the extensive pardon list...

Also, I am thrilled Joe is president right now, but I'm not holding my breath for him running in 2024.
CrazyNotCrazie

Post by CrazyNotCrazie » January 21st, 2021, 2:42 pm

I do my periodic review of Fox News (preferably not on a full stomach) to see what the other side thinks. Their obsession with the bias of CNN is kind of funny. Anyway, the link to this article from their front page had a classic quote from Kevin McCarthy about Trump, "He listened to voices that no one else was hearing." Yes. Yes he was. And most of those voices were in that orange head of his...

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/mccart ... -to-engage
dudog

Post by dudog » January 21st, 2021, 4:09 pm

CrazyNotCrazie wrote:
January 21st, 2021, 2:34 pm
dudog wrote:
January 21st, 2021, 2:16 pm

Too bad for them they weren't on the extensive pardon list...

Also, I am thrilled Joe is president right now, but I'm not holding my breath for him running in 2024.
Oh, I know. Just having a little fun.
dudog

Post by dudog » January 21st, 2021, 4:33 pm

I'll also say, Joe is certainly more spry than Trump. In fact, I challenge anyone to find me a clip of Trump moving faster than a moderate walk.

Dancing (if that's what you want to call it) to YMCA does NOT count.
dudog

Post by dudog » February 1st, 2021, 3:30 pm

I just discovered the Political Junkie thread, so if I may, I'll close out the Election Thread with post #1600 (though feel free to reply) with this:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/first ... O_wuf1C7So
Champ and Major moved into their new digs about a week ago, breaking a four-year hiatus during which for the first time in at least a century, no pets lived in the White House.
That tells you just about everything you need to know about the previous occupant.