Post by ArkieDukie » January 15th, 2021, 7:16 am

CameronBornAndBred wrote:
January 14th, 2021, 6:38 pm
Furniture wrote:
January 14th, 2021, 5:17 pm
B3E38930-0575-47A8-BDA7-76121EE5B4B2.jpeg

:o) =)) :-BD
=)) =)) =))

PS...it looks like white nationalism shut down the OY thread.
Quelle surprise. I quit posting OY because the white nationalists were complaining about my posts to Jason, and I got dinged. Bunch of snowflakes.
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
CrazyNotCrazie
Full Time Student at PWing school

Re: Trump Vs Biden --- The Election Thread

Post by CrazyNotCrazie » January 15th, 2021, 8:50 am

ArkieDukie wrote:
January 15th, 2021, 7:16 am
January 14th, 2021, 6:38 pm
Furniture wrote:
January 14th, 2021, 5:17 pm
B3E38930-0575-47A8-BDA7-76121EE5B4B2.jpeg

:o) =)) :-BD
=)) =)) =))

PS...it looks like white nationalism shut down the OY thread.
Quelle surprise. I quit posting OY because the white nationalists were complaining about my posts to Jason, and I got dinged. Bunch of snowflakes.
Yup. Long-time, thoughtful people get chastised for honest mistakes on minor points then these folks get away with espousing what until a few years ago would have been considered radical views, and half the time they do it, they cannot construct a proper sentence with decent spelling or grammar. I'm all for being welcoming, but I refuse to normalize Trump-supported behavior and ideas, nor am I willing to lower the level of discourse to the point where I practically need a translator to even understand what they are trying to say. It is DBR, not IC.
dudog

Post by dudog » January 15th, 2021, 9:31 am

January 14th, 2021, 11:08 pm
If the inauguration has a hiccup or two, it might be because they couldn't give it a test run.
A rehearsal for U.S President-elect Joe Biden's inauguration scheduled for Sunday has been postponed because of security concerns, Politico reported late on Thursday, citing two people with knowledge of the decision.
https://www.yahoo.com/news/rehearsal-bi ... 19559.html

Monday is the makeup date, but I really wish they'd have in the Capitol building and toss out the notion of having on the steps outside.
I hope they're trying to invite some lame protest so they can smash it.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » January 15th, 2021, 10:01 am

I find this reason for getting out of Dodge early to be hilarious.
Trump also indicated he'd be reluctant to ask Biden if he could borrow Air Force One, the official plane of the president, CNN said, citing a person familiar with the matter.
"Hey man, I know I've been a dick and all, but can I borrow the plane? One last spin? Sometimes I even sit in the cockpit, it's soooo cool. They even let me press the landing gear button once!"

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-plans- ... 17461.html
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
Furniture
Part Time Student at PWing school

Post by Furniture » January 15th, 2021, 7:42 pm

Two presidencies today

Biden: "Here's my plan for getting the Covid vaccine distributed quickly and rebuilding the economy."

Trump: "I'm conferring with a pillow salesman about imposing martial law."
If anyone ever tells you they are a stable genius. Get the hell out of there.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » January 16th, 2021, 8:32 am

January 15th, 2021, 10:01 am
I find this reason for getting out of Dodge early to be hilarious.
Trump also indicated he'd be reluctant to ask Biden if he could borrow Air Force One, the official plane of the president, CNN said, citing a person familiar with the matter.
"Hey man, I know I've been a dick and all, but can I borrow the plane? One last spin? Sometimes I even sit in the cockpit, it's soooo cool. They even let me press the landing gear button once!"

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-plans- ... 17461.html
What a sore loser. Petty. Crybaby. Funny thing is, many of his most ardent supporters have a very low opinion of those who exhibit such traits. I know, because I’m related to some. They tend to condone his behavior by saying he has been treated poorly. “They’ve been trying to overturn his election from the beginning.” You cannot explain to them that impeachment doesn’t overturn the 2016 election.
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » January 16th, 2021, 11:28 am

Trump goes down in history as not only never having a positive approval rating, he now leaves with the worst rating ever.

Congrats on topping at least one list, Donald.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/16/politics ... index.html
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » January 16th, 2021, 3:42 pm

Prosecutors in Georgia appear increasingly likely to open a criminal investigation of President Donald Trump over his attempts to overturn the results of the state’s 2020 election, an inquiry into offenses that would be beyond his federal pardon power.

The new Fulton County district attorney, Fani Willis, is already weighing whether to proceed, and among the options she is considering is the hiring of a special assistant from outside to oversee the investigation, according to people familiar with her office’s deliberations.
https://www.yahoo.com/news/atlanta-pros ... 23821.html
dudog

Post by dudog » January 16th, 2021, 7:38 pm

The 15 most notable lies of Donald Trump's presidency:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... r-BB1cO69r

Geez, I would have hated to have that job assigned by my editor. Where to start?
Furniture

Post by Furniture » January 17th, 2021, 12:05 am

dudog wrote:
January 16th, 2021, 7:38 pm
The 15 most notable lies of Donald Trump's presidency:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... r-BB1cO69r

Geez, I would have hated to have that job assigned by my editor. Where to start?
I think the journalist who wrote the above linked article, Daniel Dale, actually got his job at CNN because of the fact checking he started doing when he worked for the Toronto Star.

What will he do now? :-BD
dudog

Post by dudog » January 17th, 2021, 10:54 am

Wish I could post this 3-minute video OY, only to get more eyes on it. But some people will probably get their panties in a wad. Incredibly positive message, especially in the last minute. Makes you proud to be an American.

https://www.msnbc.com/the-last-word/wat ... 9557445706

Maybe I'll ask Jason.
CrazyNotCrazie

Post by CrazyNotCrazie » January 17th, 2021, 2:27 pm

All this cumbaya let's all be friends BS OY makes me ill. I am normally a compromiser who goes out of his way to find the good in people - I do it to a fault where I sometimes get taken advantage of for being too nice. I missed all of the discussion because I spent the morning resolving a petty argument between two groups of people - that is who I am (I am not a lawyer but my mother was).

We can't just all try to be friends and assume the best in all of us. This is what got us to this point. I continue to question the judgement of anyone who voted for Trump in 2020. Voting for him in 2016 is a mistake in judgement and I can work with that. But after four years of him and his countless mental health deficiencies and divisive language, there is no reasonable way one could support him. The Democrats threw the Republicans a bone and nominated a moderate, so this removes any potential excuse they might have had to vote for Trump. Anyone with a brain who has been paying attention should not be surprised at all over what has happened to this country in the last few months. I got poo-pooed too often OY and elsewhere for being a worry-wart. Yes, we avoided much bigger problems, but what happened was still pretty bad, and it's not over. Even if they never strike again, we are now wasting a lot of precious resources protecting against these crazies. The vast majority of Republicans are not violent unhinged lunatics, but there are a lot of those people, and there are many more who are creating excuses for it. All the false equivalencies to BLM are ridiculous. So we can't just move forward and be friends. Let's see a few more apologies from the Republican side of the aisle (Trump's speech was forced and does not count - admit the election was fair and then I will start listening). The Democrats apologize and compromise way too often.
dudog

Post by dudog » January 17th, 2021, 2:43 pm

CrazyNotCrazie wrote:
January 17th, 2021, 2:27 pm
All this cumbaya let's all be friends BS OY makes me ill. I am normally a compromiser who goes out of his way to find the good in people - I do it to a fault where I sometimes get taken advantage of for being too nice. I missed all of the discussion because I spent the morning resolving a petty argument between two groups of people - that is who I am (I am not a lawyer but my mother was).

We can't just all try to be friends and assume the best in all of us. This is what got us to this point. I continue to question the judgement of anyone who voted for Trump in 2020. Voting for him in 2016 is a mistake in judgement and I can work with that. But after four years of him and his countless mental health deficiencies and divisive language, there is no reasonable way one could support him. The Democrats threw the Republicans a bone and nominated a moderate, so this removes any potential excuse they might have had to vote for Trump. Anyone with a brain who has been paying attention should not be surprised at all over what has happened to this country in the last few months. I got poo-pooed too often OY and elsewhere for being a worry-wart. Yes, we avoided much bigger problems, but what happened was still pretty bad, and it's not over. Even if they never strike again, we are now wasting a lot of precious resources protecting against these crazies. The vast majority of Republicans are not violent unhinged lunatics, but there are a lot of those people, and there are many more who are creating excuses for it. All the false equivalencies to BLM are ridiculous. So we can't just move forward and be friends. Let's see a few more apologies from the Republican side of the aisle (Trump's speech was forced and does not count - admit the election was fair and then I will start listening). The Democrats apologize and compromise way too often.
I agree, but that's why I posted the video this morning. I'm hoping this is just the death throes of white nationalism. But he's not dead yet, so you gotta keep hitting him over the head.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » January 18th, 2021, 1:59 am

The Pentagon will break with recent tradition by refusing to engage in an armed forces farewell or throw Donald Trump's requested military-style parade as the president leaves office on Wednesday.
Trump "Can I have a buncha Army guys wish me farewell, maybe a tank or two also?"

Pentagon "No thank you, go away."

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... IK6Xw1kzkg
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » January 18th, 2021, 7:45 am

dudog wrote:
January 17th, 2021, 10:54 am
Wish I could post this 3-minute video OY, only to get more eyes on it. But some people will probably get their panties in a wad. Incredibly positive message, especially in the last minute. Makes you proud to be an American.

https://www.msnbc.com/the-last-word/wat ... 9557445706

Maybe I'll ask Jason.
Wonderful video. Thanks for sharing. I agree entirely with his point of view; it’s what I’ve been saying since 2016.
-- Albert Einstein
dudog

Post by dudog » January 18th, 2021, 4:31 pm

So many sad and wryly funny things in this article about the transition and Inauguration Day:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... li=BBnb7Kz

Just a few:
Yet one part of the bedroom set-up will be markedly different with the Bidens than it was for the Trumps: the Bidens will be sharing a bedroom. Melania Trump spent the majority of her time in the White House in the large bedroom suite typically reserved for Presidents and their spouse...Donald Trump slept in his own bedroom, which was previously a study or den during other administrations
The Inauguration Day snub of the Biden's comes on the heels of a series of broken norms and childish behavior that comes directly from the President of the United States
"It's abhorrent," said another former White House official who worked in the Trump administration.
On Sunday, invitations were issued to Trump's circle asking them to please attend -- and bring up to five guests -- his and Melania Trump's going-away celebration at Joint Base Andrews,,,On Monday afternoon, an administration official told CNN the bells and whistles might all be for a very big audience of one -- the President -- and a small audience of others: "So far, there haven't been a lot of RSVPs."
Pence waiting until less than a week before the inauguration to acknowledge Kamala does NOT give him a pass.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » January 18th, 2021, 5:29 pm

dudog wrote:
January 18th, 2021, 4:31 pm
Pence waiting until less than a week before the inauguration to acknowledge Kamala does NOT give him a pass.
I thought that was disgusting. Why even make the call at that point? If I were Kamala I'd have let it go to voicemail, or had an aide take a message.
Furniture

Post by Furniture » January 18th, 2021, 5:37 pm

January 18th, 2021, 5:29 pm
dudog wrote:
I thought that was disgusting. Why even make the call at that point? If I were Kamala I'd have let it go to voicemail, or had an aide take a message.
He hath repented!!!
CrazyNotCrazie

Post by CrazyNotCrazie » January 18th, 2021, 5:45 pm

January 18th, 2021, 5:29 pm
dudog wrote:
Tell him she is in the middle of something but that she will only accept his help if he sits in a room alone with her. Because we all know how he feels about being alone with a woman...

I wonder if Trump's pillow buddy left behind some samples for Biden to use.

I want to see how few people are at the big farewell party that Trump wants.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » January 18th, 2021, 6:06 pm

This is a good article that fits nicely with the one Dudog shared. It's about the tradition of Presidential notes that Reagan started, and one that Trump will likely break with.
Although, I can picture what he'd write. "Please don't prosecute me".

https://www.yahoo.com/news/rooting-hard ... 56134.html