Re: Trump Vs Biden --- The Election Thread

Post by CameronBornAndBred » November 6th, 2020, 9:11 am

dudog wrote:
November 6th, 2020, 9:04 am
May I have post #1000?

DOWN GOES TRUMP!

(say it like Howard Cosell)
:spork: :spork: :spork:

I wonder if it will be called by lunch today. I don't see any reason not to call PA, and therefore the race. The other waiting states are all gravy.
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
dudog
Full Time Student at PWing school

Post by dudog » November 6th, 2020, 9:14 am

For the record, that is the last of my shoving it in anybody's face (and I think y'all know there was some levity involved).

We need some peace.
CrazyNotCrazie

Post by CrazyNotCrazie » November 6th, 2020, 9:19 am

I won't believe it until Biden is in the White House. Because Trump has spent the last four years (and the Republican party has been at it for much longer) rigging the system. But here's my song of the day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HgV1O0X4uXI
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » November 6th, 2020, 9:45 am

Apparently Trump has flat out said that he won't concede. Fine by me, they can drag him from the White House.
CrazyNotCrazie

Post by CrazyNotCrazie » November 6th, 2020, 10:00 am

CameronBornAndBred wrote:
November 6th, 2020, 9:45 am
Apparently Trump has flat out said that he won't concede. Fine by me, they can drag him from the White House.
For whatever reason I think of the quote by Hootie Johnson from Augusta National when getting pressure about admitting women to the club - he would not do it "at the point of a bayonet." I think that is how Trump will be removed from office. And if/when it happens, I can see him doing classy things like not flushing the toilet, writing "Don was here" and "Joe sux" on the wall, xeroxing his butt and posting it on the wall, and stealing silverware.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » November 6th, 2020, 10:19 am

CrazyNotCrazie wrote:
November 6th, 2020, 10:00 am
For whatever reason I think of the quote by Hootie Johnson from Augusta National when getting pressure about admitting women to the club - he would not do it "at the point of a bayonet." I think that is how Trump will be removed from office. And if/when it happens, I can see him doing classy things like not flushing the toilet, writing "Don was here" and "Joe sux" on the wall, xeroxing his butt and posting it on the wall, and stealing silverware.
Probably locking up Obama's portrait in the broom closet and throwing away the key.
CrazyNotCrazie

Post by CrazyNotCrazie » November 6th, 2020, 10:25 am

November 6th, 2020, 10:19 am
CrazyNotCrazie wrote:
November 6th, 2020, 10:00 am
Probably locking up Obama's portrait in the broom closet and throwing away the key.
I thought he refused to hang it up, or refused to have the traditional ceremony to hang it up, or something like that? Low class dbag...
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » November 6th, 2020, 10:35 am

CrazyNotCrazie wrote:
November 6th, 2020, 10:25 am
I thought he refused to hang it up, or refused to have the traditional ceremony to hang it up, or something like that? Low class dbag...
Yep. Refused to have the ceremony, and IF it got hung, it was in some closet somewhere, probably in the bunker.
I wonder if that karma comes back around. Especially if he's in prison somewhere, I could see there being a legit reason not to hang his up.

Side note, Steve Bannon got his Twitter account permanently banned for calling for the death of Fauci and Wray.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » November 6th, 2020, 10:38 am

I'm not looking forward to the onslaught of executive orders that I'm fully expecting in the coming weeks.
CrazyNotCrazie

Post by CrazyNotCrazie » November 6th, 2020, 10:42 am

November 6th, 2020, 10:35 am
CrazyNotCrazie wrote:
Yep. Refused to have the ceremony, and IF it got hung, it was in some closet somewhere, probably in the bunker.
I wonder if that karma comes back around. Especially if he's in prison somewhere, I could see there being a legit reason not to hang his up.

Side note, Steve Bannon got his Twitter account permanently banned for calling for the death of Fauci and Wray.
I'm not very familiar with Twitter. Is there anything stopping Bannon from starting a new Twitter handle? Obviously it would be a huge pain to build back up all of his followers. One would also think that calling for the death of another person would be a crime. But hey, I'm not the law and order president.

I think the litigation about the election will be accompanied by litigation about the extent of Trump's executive orders and their legality. It is amazing how much time judges and lawyers will be wasting on his craziness.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » November 6th, 2020, 10:47 am

CrazyNotCrazie wrote:
November 6th, 2020, 10:42 am

I'm not very familiar with Twitter. Is there anything stopping Bannon from starting a new Twitter handle? Obviously it would be a huge pain to build back up all of his followers. One would also think that calling for the death of another person would be a crime. But hey, I'm not the law and order president.

I think the litigation about the election will be accompanied by litigation about the extent of Trump's executive orders and their legality. It is amazing how much time judges and lawyers will be wasting on his craziness.
I'm not on Twitter either, but I think it would be hard for Bannon. It's not like he's just some anonymous internet user. He may have another account, but without his name behind it, it won't have any sort of following.
CrazyNotCrazie

Post by CrazyNotCrazie » November 6th, 2020, 11:03 am

November 6th, 2020, 10:47 am
CrazyNotCrazie wrote:
November 6th, 2020, 10:42 am

I'm not on Twitter either, but I think it would be hard for Bannon. It's not like he's just some anonymous internet user. He may have another account, but without his name behind it, it won't have any sort of following.
Beavis Stannon. That should trick them...
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » November 6th, 2020, 11:13 am

CrazyNotCrazie wrote:
November 6th, 2020, 11:03 am
November 6th, 2020, 10:47 am

Beavis Stannon. That should trick them...
:spork: :spork: :spork: =)) =))
acymetric
I don't know what PWing is.
I don't know what PWing is.

Post by acymetric » November 6th, 2020, 11:51 am

November 6th, 2020, 10:35 am
CrazyNotCrazie wrote:

I think Bannon was being metaphorical and meant it in terms of make an example of these two by firing them as a warning to other officials, but that statement was not ok regardless.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » November 6th, 2020, 12:41 pm

Biden will be addressing the nation in primetime tonight in what is expected to be a victory speech.
Phredd3

Post by Phredd3 » November 6th, 2020, 1:55 pm

November 6th, 2020, 12:41 pm
Biden will be addressing the nation in primetime tonight in what is expected to be a victory speech.
Now for the victory part....
richardjackson199
PWing as a hobby
PWing as a hobby

Post by richardjackson199 » November 6th, 2020, 2:12 pm

CrazyNotCrazie wrote:
November 5th, 2020, 8:18 pm
Wander wrote:
November 5th, 2020, 7:38 pm
Trump and his spawn are deranged madmen
Yet over 70 million people want him as their president for four more years. I am truly embarrassed to be an American and be surrounded by people who fall for the tricks of this clown (no offense to clowns). Biden is a kind, decent man who is not proposing anything radical, yet so many people believed Trump's lies. There is no common sense of truth anymore. And I don't see how this can be repaired. Let's just go about our merry way and split into two countries. I am fortunate to live in a state where most people agree with me. My apologies to those of you who do not.
Let's just split into 2 countries? The last time we did that resulted in the Civil War. Biden may not be proposing anything radical, but even if you're being facetious, you are. Your timing for such an inflammatory and divisive post could not be worse.

You are truly embarrassed to be an American? To share a country with people who did not vote for the same candidate you did? And you posted this after it was obvious that your candidate is going to win? Just wow.

I'm proud to be an American and live in a country where I'm free to vote for our leaders. I'm proud to live alongside people who vote differently and see things differently. We can learn a lot from each other, and different viewpoints can make the world a better place. I believe that even people who vote differently actually share enough in common to be best friends or loved family members.

If someone chooses to vote for a candidate, that does not equate to believing lies and falling for the tricks of a clown. I can't imagine why Trump voters become shy to share their views. I can't imagine why they think they might be judged or looked down upon as deplorable, uneducated idiots who aren't enlightened with the same common "truth" that you are. I can't imagine why threads like this one turn into single party echo chambers where members of the other party are ridiculed, chased away, or silenced (OY).

I believe black lives So much more than just matter. I am not a white supremacist. I support gay marriage. I believe masks work. I voted for Obama twice and Trump twice. Trump has some serious flaws and did some bad things. Trump also IMO did some good things for our country and our world. Ultimately, due to many issues and reasons I will certainly not go into, I decided that I thought Trump and his team would be better for our country than Biden and his team over the next 4 years.

But Biden won a free election, and thus he will have my 100% full support as POTUS and Harris will have my 100% support as VP. I hope and pray they do a great job, as that will be better for our country.

This loss really hurt to be 10:30 pm on election night looking like Trump was going to win, and then see everything change like that by Wed morning. Everyone's vote should be counted of course, it's just a tough way to lose. But we'll get over it and hopefully our great country can come together and heal together, peacefully. I am not being a sore loser, and I accepted the inevitable loss Wed morning. I congratulated OPK on winning his pie at that time on Wed.

I like your screen-name, CrazyNotCrazie - IMO it accurately describes your post. I'm not sure I've ever read a more infuriating and offensive post. Yes I get annoyed by the endless condescending posts of people who don't agree with how I voted. Posts saying things like "Trump has completely destroyed their ability to think intelligently and for themselves." But I'm used to that. But reading posts like yours above pisses me off. Life is too short to get this angry on a Friday as it takes time to calm down. I'm done with CrazieTalk. I'll stay in touch with my friends.

Peace Out
**==
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » November 6th, 2020, 3:18 pm

richardjackson199 wrote:
November 6th, 2020, 2:12 pm
I'm done with CrazieTalk. I'll stay in touch with my friends.

Peace Out
**==
By nature, this can be expected to be a thread that will raise emotions. Hopefully not one so much that you sign off for good, we've enjoyed the posts that you have shared.
dudog

Post by dudog » November 6th, 2020, 3:31 pm

richardjackson199 wrote:
I believe black lives So much more than just matter. I am not a white supremacist. I support gay marriage. I believe masks work. I voted for Obama twice and Trump twice. Trump has some serious flaws and did some bad things. Trump also IMO did some good things for our country and our world. Ultimately, due to many issues and reasons I will certainly not go into, I decided that I thought Trump and his team would be better for our country than Biden and his team over the next 4 years.
We do live in our echo chambers. And it can be hard to have a reasonable discussion about politics. PPB can't be discussed OY, so I would honestly like to know what Trump policies you agree with, especially as to how they are different from Biden's. It doesn't have to be an exhaustive list (though feel free), maybe just a top 5 to help us understand this paragraph, especially the last line.

Thanks in advance. And I promise to be respectful in my response.
Phredd3

Post by Phredd3 » November 6th, 2020, 4:23 pm

dudog wrote:
November 6th, 2020, 3:31 pm
richardjackson199 wrote:
We do live in our echo chambers. And it can be hard to have a reasonable discussion about politics. PPB can't be discussed OY, so I would honestly like to know what Trump policies you agree with, especially as to how they are different from Biden's. It doesn't have to be an exhaustive list (though feel free), maybe just a top 5 to help us understand this paragraph, especially the last line.

Thanks in advance. And I promise to be respectful in my response.
I, too, would invite a principled discussion on this topic. I think a great flaw in our democracy is that too many folks have retreated into their separate camps and have refused to discuss issues rationally. We really are reaching the point where it seems we have trouble even agreeing on reality, which is when it becomes all the more important to reach across the divide and figure out where it is we really do agree.

I'd actually like to think that this is a major reason why Democrats nominated Biden, and why he it ultimately looks like he will win this election. I really hope that he is able to reach across to the Senate and find areas where we can actually get things accomplished. I'd love to hear where conservatives feel they can come to agreement with Biden and the House.