You can't make this stuff up!

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Re: You can't make this stuff up!

Post by lawgrad91 » July 8th, 2016, 9:22 am

So the arrogant prick, uh, attorney from Richmond called back yesterday when I was in court. The message I got from the secretary was much more polite than the message I got the day before. I relented and left him a message.

He called me back. He said, "it occurred to me that I have all the information, and you know nothing." X(

The bailiffs told me they wouldn't see a thing if I popped him a couple times when he came into court. :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » July 8th, 2016, 9:35 am

Dude just told the judge he can't get a drivers license because it stormed. :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » July 9th, 2016, 8:04 am

lawgrad91 wrote:So the arrogant prick, uh, attorney from Richmond called back yesterday when I was in court. The message I got from the secretary was much more polite than the message I got the day before. I relented and left him a message.

He called me back. He said, "it occurred to me that I have all the information, and you know nothing." X(

The bailiffs told me they wouldn't see a thing if I popped him a couple times when he came into court. :9f:
Somebody needs to talk to this guy about home cookin' in the courtroom (especially in front of a jury). They are NOT going to like him.

:9f:
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » July 19th, 2016, 4:58 pm

Note to legal assistant who went on vacation and (before her departure) told another legal assistant, "Miss Cathy will have to wait until I return from vacation to get this work done:"

I don't think so.

I spent the entire day learning your job, running down information at the Clerk of Court, the county tax office, the Register of Deeds and our office, including pulling the forms from your computer that I needed to get this job done. You are not as indispensible as you once may have thought you were. Also, your work is not as difficult as you had led me to believe that it was.

Don't mess with me. Ever. :Stop:

“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
Ima Facultiwyfe
PWing School Professor

Post by Ima Facultiwyfe » July 19th, 2016, 7:34 pm

CathyCA wrote:Note to legal assistant who went on vacation and (before her departure) told another legal assistant, "Miss Cathy will have to wait until I return from vacation to get this work done:"

I don't think so.

I spent the entire day learning your job, running down information at the Clerk of Court, the county tax office, the Register of Deeds and our office, including pulling the forms from your computer that I needed to get this job done. You are not as indispensible as you once may have thought you were. Also, your work is not as difficult as you had led me to believe that it was.

:-s OOOOOOOOOH! \:d/
Love, Ima
"We will never NEVER go away." -- D. Cutcliffe
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » July 19th, 2016, 8:01 pm

CathyCA wrote:Note to legal assistant who went on vacation and (before her departure) told another legal assistant, "Miss Cathy will have to wait until I return from vacation to get this work done:"

I don't think so.

Wow. Good for you! :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » July 20th, 2016, 5:46 am

I don't think so.

Note to excellent lawyer: is your time better spent doing your job or your assistant's? Me thinks her job is indispensable. But she is replaceable! :ymdevil:
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » July 20th, 2016, 7:57 am

My mom was getting onto a major road when a police officer in a marked car came flying down the ramp with his lights and sirens going. She pulled over to let him pass. He whipped in behind her and cited her for crossing the solid line. She said, "Am I not supposed to pull over to let you pass when your sirens and lights are on?" He didn't seem to care. :twitch:

Another time, she was walking to her car with a cane. She had severely sprained her achilles and had a huge medical boot on. She was parked in a handicapped spot. She had a tag but had forgotten to put it up. A police officer had waited for her to come out. He jumped out of his car and started berating her, right in front of a 6 year old me. It went on and on, him yelling right in her face about what a horrible person she was and how real handicapped people needed that spot. This went on for at least two minutes. When he finally wound down, she lifted her dress and showed him the boot. Then she pulled the tag out of her purse and showed it to him, explaining she'd forgotten to put it up. He stormed back to his car, got in, and peeled out, tires squealing. Wow.

Final Mom story. We were headed out to the Outer Banks. I was in college. I was following my parents. I didn't know that I was supposed to pull ahead and pull over too if she got pulled over, so when a state trooper whipped between us and lit her up on a dark, two lane road, I pulled over at the gas station about half a mile down the road. She had been changing speeds and weaving a little bit, all in her lane. The road was very dark and about half the street lights were out. She was also very mad at me. I'd been riding with her while my dad followed, but being a stupid teenager, I'd been passenger seat driving, so she'd kicked me out to drive the other car. The officer, who she said was very sweet, was about my age at the time (probably a freshly minted 21 or 22 year old officer). He asked her, "Ma'am, are you impaired?' in a heavy NC accent. She went off, "IMPAIRED? Of course I'm impaired! There's no light on this road, the lanes are too narrow, and my son has been driving me crazy!" He replied, "Please calm down, ma'am. Everything's okay. Would you like a bottle of water? I mainly pulled you over to ask if you knew you were being followed the last several miles? I didn't want you and your husband getting attacked out here." "That's just my idiot son. He's the one who's driving me crazy. We're headed to the Outer Banks, and he's been bugging me about my driving all day. And now he's run off like a coward instead of staying with me." Officer chuckled, "All right ma'am. Why don't you just take a moment to calm down, then you can be on your way? It's never a good idea to drive angry." "Thank you so much, young man. My son's about you're age. I wish he acted more like you." "Thank you, ma'am. You have a pleasant evening and enjoy the beach."
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » July 20th, 2016, 9:26 am

My former co-worker Randy (who was a BRILLIANT guy but had zero common sense-he called a pharmacy once to complain about how hard it was to put the eye medication they had given him in his eye. It was a capsule. You know, the kind of thing you swallow with a glass of water....) once had someone indicted in Martinsville City for failing to display a handicapped tag when parking in a handicapped spot. The guy was a disabled veteran and had a tag but had forgotten to put it on his mirror.

Iron Duke #1471997.
DukieInKansas
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » July 20th, 2016, 10:16 am

lawgrad91 wrote:My former co-worker Randy (who was a BRILLIANT guy but had zero common sense-he called a pharmacy once to complain about how hard it was to put the eye medication they had given him in his eye. It was a capsule. You know, the kind of thing you swallow with a glass of water....) once had someone indicted in Martinsville City for failing to display a handicapped tag when parking in a handicapped spot. The guy was a disabled veteran and had a tag but had forgotten to put it on his mirror.

I was leaving soccer one evening and watched 2 women park the car, which did have the handicapped tag, in the handicapped spots by the door. They then went in to play indoor soccer. I didn't realize the tag was the important part of parking - it apparently doesn't matter if the handicapped person isn't in the car. I wish I could have had them indicted.

(A high school friend had a sister in a wheelchair so I have always been very conscious of who parks in handicapped spots - but do wait until they get out of the car to make the judgement as you can tell from them sitting in the car.)
Life is good!
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » July 20th, 2016, 10:36 am

The ventriloquist comedian, Jeff Dunham, has a joke where his old dummy whacks a guy with the door of his car to "make him handicapped" when he sees the able bodied guy getting out of his car in a handicapped spot. Jeff asked him what happened next. He said, "his wife opened the door and started yelling and waving her crutches at me." Jeff asked what happened next. "I hit her too!" =))
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » July 20th, 2016, 2:43 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:

I don't think so.

Note to excellent lawyer: is your time better spent doing your job or your assistant's? Me thinks her job is indispensable. But she is replaceable! :ymdevil:
My time is better spent doing MY job, and not hers. But when she doesn't do her job and I'm in danger of missing a deadline (and therefore a fee/groceries on the table), there is a problem. Her job is indispensible, and it's very important. Because I've learned how to do it, I can train her successor. She had better be VERY nice to me when she returns from vacation.

~ James Naismith
DukePA
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by DukePA » July 20th, 2016, 3:38 pm

bjornolf wrote:My mom was getting onto a major road when a police officer in a marked car came flying down the ramp with his lights and sirens going. She pulled over to let him pass. He whipped in behind her and cited her for crossing the solid line. She said, "Am I not supposed to pull over to let you pass when your sirens and lights are on?" He didn't seem to care. :twitch:

Another time, she was walking to her car with a cane. She had severely sprained her achilles and had a huge medical boot on. She was parked in a handicapped spot. She had a tag but had forgotten to put it up. A police officer had waited for her to come out. He jumped out of his car and started berating her, right in front of a 6 year old me. It went on and on, him yelling right in her face about what a horrible person she was and how real handicapped people needed that spot. This went on for at least two minutes. When he finally wound down, she lifted her dress and showed him the boot. Then she pulled the tag out of her purse and showed it to him, explaining she'd forgotten to put it up. He stormed back to his car, got in, and peeled out, tires squealing. Wow.

Final Mom story. We were headed out to the Outer Banks. I was in college. I was following my parents. I didn't know that I was supposed to pull ahead and pull over too if she got pulled over, so when a state trooper whipped between us and lit her up on a dark, two lane road, I pulled over at the gas station about half a mile down the road. She had been changing speeds and weaving a little bit, all in her lane. The road was very dark and about half the street lights were out. She was also very mad at me. I'd been riding with her while my dad followed, but being a stupid teenager, I'd been passenger seat driving, so she'd kicked me out to drive the other car. The officer, who she said was very sweet, was about my age at the time (probably a freshly minted 21 or 22 year old officer). He asked her, "Ma'am, are you impaired?' in a heavy NC accent. She went off, "IMPAIRED? Of course I'm impaired! There's no light on this road, the lanes are too narrow, and my son has been driving me crazy!" He replied, "Please calm down, ma'am. Everything's okay. Would you like a bottle of water? I mainly pulled you over to ask if you knew you were being followed the last several miles? I didn't want you and your husband getting attacked out here." "That's just my idiot son. He's the one who's driving me crazy. We're headed to the Outer Banks, and he's been bugging me about my driving all day. And now he's run off like a coward instead of staying with me." Officer chuckled, "All right ma'am. Why don't you just take a moment to calm down, then you can be on your way? It's never a good idea to drive angry." "Thank you so much, young man. My son's about you're age. I wish he acted more like you." "Thank you, ma'am. You have a pleasant evening and enjoy the beach."
You have the best stories :) I wish I had had the opportunity to meet your Mom :)
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » July 20th, 2016, 3:45 pm

I was hoping some of the attorneys here would address the first one. I mean, what the hell?
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » July 20th, 2016, 4:13 pm

bjornolf wrote:I was hoping some of the attorneys here would address the first one. I mean, what the hell?
We have a brand-spanking new traffic court judge, so I can't speak on what he might or might not do, but the last several we have wouldn't spend much time on the case your mom brought before throwing it out. Sounds like maybe someone was trying to get his ticket numbers up. :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
IowaDevil

Post by IowaDevil » July 21st, 2016, 9:02 am

I don't think so.

And don't mess with Miss Cathy....ever! ;)
I am giggling big time!
:happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f:
DukePA

Post by DukePA » July 21st, 2016, 3:07 pm

IowaDevil wrote:

I don't think so.

And don't mess with Miss Cathy....ever! ;)
I am giggling big time!
That's right! Don't mess with a pissed off Blue Devil Attorney!!! She looks real sweet, but she'll kick yo ass!!!
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » July 28th, 2016, 9:16 am

The defendant just told the court that her medicine makes her "comma-toast." :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
DukePA

Post by DukePA » July 28th, 2016, 9:43 am

lawgrad91 wrote:The defendant just told the court that her medicine makes her "comma-toast." :9f:
Bwahahaha!!!
DukieInKansas
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » July 28th, 2016, 9:43 am

lawgrad91 wrote:The defendant just told the court that her medicine makes her "comma-toast." :9f:
Is that similar to French toast?
Life is good!