Game Day A-Z Update for Nov. 20, UNC game

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

DukePA
PWing School Associate Professor
PWing School Associate Professor

Re: Game Day A-Z Update for Nov. 20, UNC game

Post by DukePA » November 11th, 2014, 6:18 pm

allen wrote:The truly educated don't just possess a lot of content knowledge - adaptability, flex ability, and problem solving are marks of the well educated. To show our true status as a university we would have figured this out, not simply acted as though thee was no solution.

To act as though this is an either / or situation does not make us appear to be a great university, it shows a lack of willingness or ability to problem solve
Absolutely!!!
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » November 11th, 2014, 6:21 pm

wolfpackdevil wrote:
Oh good grief! So you are saying a football game is more important than classes (students and profs park in the lots the Iron Dukes use)
I am a college student. I'm sorry I do not have the pleasure to be a Duke student, but I have many friends that will be skipping their "important" classes at Duke next Thursday to get really, really drunk for the game. As a college student, I do believe that one afternoon class is not that important in the grand scheme of a semester. I am typing this post in class as we speak. The University should have never accepted the offer for a Thursday night game if they were not ready to make the necessary arrangements on campus. Whatever the University decides to do, that will not stop my friends and hundreds of Duke students from skipping their classes to pregame in their dorms.

And by the way, I never made any accusation of the hospital or people that are working in healthcare. This has been entirely about the student/faculty lots.
Medical Center employees park in at least one Iron Duke lot and the parking lots open to the public. So when people want parking lots opened earlier and employees out of them, it does effect the delivery of healthcare.
I worship the Blue Devil!
allen
Part Time Student at PWing school
Part Time Student at PWing school

Post by allen » November 11th, 2014, 8:32 pm

TillyGalore wrote:
wolfpackdevil wrote:
Oh good grief! So you are saying a football game is more important than classes (students and profs park in the lots the Iron Dukes use)
I am a college student. I'm sorry I do not have the pleasure to be a Duke student, but I have many friends that will be skipping their "important" classes at Duke next Thursday to get really, really drunk for the game. As a college student, I do believe that one afternoon class is not that important in the grand scheme of a semester. I am typing this post in class as we speak. The University should have never accepted the offer for a Thursday night game if they were not ready to make the necessary arrangements on campus. Whatever the University decides to do, that will not stop my friends and hundreds of Duke students from skipping their classes to pregame in their dorms.

And by the way, I never made any accusation of the hospital or people that are working in healthcare. This has been entirely about the student/faculty lots.
Medical Center employees park in at least one Iron Duke lot and the parking lots open to the public. So when people want parking lots opened earlier and employees out of them, it does effect the delivery of healthcare.
If the delivery of healthcare at Duke is dependent on the availability of certain parking lots for a two hour period on one day of the year we are in real trouble, aren't we?

I am a regular at tailgates, but not on crazietalk. You've now given me a reason why - you've singlehandedly made this an unpleasant experience.

I'm glad the list of attendees for tailgates is posted - my future attendance may be based on who I want to avoid rather than who I want to see
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » November 11th, 2014, 8:37 pm

allen wrote:If the delivery of healthcare at Duke is dependent on the availability of certain parking lots for a two hour period on one day of the year we are in real trouble, aren't we?

I am a regular at tailgates, but not on crazietalk. You've now given me a reason why - you've singlehandedly made this an unpleasant experience.

I'm glad the list of attendees for tailgates is posted - my future attendance may be based on who I want to avoid rather than who I want to see
Fear not, I do not attend tailgate.

And if I am THE reason you don't want to come here anymore, you have given me too much power.
I worship the Blue Devil!
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » November 11th, 2014, 8:43 pm

Grrrr....this thread has gone down a sad slope. Locking it up, sigh. IF we get good news and things change for the better (and yes, opening the lots earlier will be for the better) then we'll start a new thread.
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.