Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Re: FUNNY PICTURES

Post by bjornolf » July 22nd, 2009, 8:48 am

bjornolf wrote:Image

Who stole my sock!

%%-
This is one of my favorites, since he blew off the boots and the sock in a sledding accident, and that's how he ended up at the end of the crash, looking forlorn, missing a boot and a sock.

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » July 22nd, 2009, 10:17 pm

bjornolf wrote:
devildeac wrote: I did not say I felt squirrels to be tasty, I just stated s/he would look good roasted on a skewer... :roll:

The aforementioned "Stumpy" has sent numerous minions to steal bird food from my wife's feeder and she has devised a number of set ups to keep the damned rodents away. I work with a fellow who loves to hunt and has, on occasion, bagged a squirrel, roasted it and put it on a skewer for one of the nurses in the hospital where I work. She was not appetized or amused. I did discuss with him the opportunity to hunt the varmints on our back porch and he is interested in the idea and I told him he could keep all he killed. He smiled and just told me to call him when needed. He then proceeded to tell me of the electrical grid he hooked up to a bird feeder and then attached the grid to a 12V battery. When one of the rodents climbed into the feeder and began to steal and scatter the food, he simply flipped the switch and instantly had BBQ squirrel. However, he said the litter critter did get a bit overdone as he burst into flames, fell to the ground and proceeded to start a brush fire in the back of his house. He sticks to his bow and arrow now or a BB gun. :)) :)) =)) =))

I prefer beef or chicken, too. ;)
My parents have warred with their squirrels over bird feeders for over two decades now. Even the most "squirrel proof" feeders can't stop some of our squirrels. One of my favorites is the one where if more than the weight of a bird is on the stand in front of the food, it falls and a door slams across the holes to the food. It has a counter weight. The squirrel figured out that if he wrapped his back paws around the the counter weight, hung upside down under the feeder and grabbed the front weight with his front paw, he could reach his OTHER front paw into the holes and scoop the food onto the ground, then fall down and eat it. Some birds got clever, though, and stood underneath him as seed rained down on them. It was pretty funny. I'll see if my dad has a photo of this somewhere...

%%-
That's a great story and comparable to some of the things my wife has tried to deter the varmints. They are amazingly clever for the thimble-brained rodents that they are. Another story tomorrow-too much "catch up" work to do here... :oops: :roll: ;)
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
captmojo
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Post by captmojo » July 23rd, 2009, 9:37 am

Astroglide on the feeder mounting pole. :))
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"
knights68
Full Time Student at PWing school

Post by knights68 » July 23rd, 2009, 12:48 pm

I understand from some folks in the past of one of the more surefire ways to make squirrelly go bye-bye (permanently) is either peanut butter or, if you do not wish to harm the creature, go by route of some kind of ornament (like a gargole... lol) and put it close by.
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » July 23rd, 2009, 1:07 pm

Yea, trolls and gargoyles do NOTHING to my parents' squirrels. My dad has a picture of a squirrel sitting on TOP of one of those statues, eating seed from the feeder.
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » July 23rd, 2009, 4:26 pm

captmojo wrote:Astroglide on the feeder mounting pole. :))
True story:
My grandpa was a pretty darn handy fellow, even with electrical stuff (that's where, if you ask me, stuff starts getting sticky). One day, he finally got so sick of the squirrels shimmying up the pole and getting into his bird feeder that he spent an afternoon running wiring through the yard and electrifying the pole. Thereafter, squirrels would hop up onto the pole, ready to start shimmying up, and get quite the start. We used to sit and watch it all day. Some of the funniest shit I've ever seen.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » July 23rd, 2009, 5:25 pm

I had suggested 5W-30 on the side of the house or on the pole/support for the feeder.... :)) :))
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » July 23rd, 2009, 5:27 pm

wilson wrote:
True story:
My grandpa was a pretty darn handy fellow, even with electrical stuff (that's where, if you ask me, stuff starts getting sticky). One day, he finally got so sick of the squirrels shimmying up the pole and getting into his bird feeder that he spent an afternoon running wiring through the yard and electrifying the pole. Thereafter, squirrels would hop up onto the pole, ready to start shimmying up, and get quite the start. We used to sit and watch it all day. Some of the funniest shit I've ever seen.
See my post on the previous page about an electrified grid on the bird feeder that a guy I work with manufactured and the subsequent squirrel on fire that ensued...
knights68

Post by knights68 » July 23rd, 2009, 9:21 pm

bjornolf wrote:Yea, trolls and gargoyles do NOTHING to my parents' squirrels. My dad has a picture of a squirrel sitting on TOP of one of those statues, eating seed from the feeder.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
DukieInKansas
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » July 25th, 2009, 8:41 am

At least you are trying to keep squirrels out of the bird feed. One summer, my Uncle Gorden was trying to outsmart a bear who wanted the contents of his bird feeder. After raising the bird feeder just to have the bear knock the whole bird feeder to the ground, he ended up with a pulley system and a 4 inch pole. The bear still tried but just left muddy claw prints on the pole.
Life is good!
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » August 18th, 2009, 8:44 pm

I came home and found this scene on my bedroom floor.
clip_Spencer and Zaboo_phixr.gif
What is a girl to do? Spencer took the sifaka off my bed, I did not leave it on the floor.
I worship the Blue Devil!
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » August 18th, 2009, 8:47 pm

TillyGalore wrote:I came home and found this scene on my bedroom floor.
What is a girl to do? Spencer took the sifaka off my bed, I did not leave it on the floor.
=)) =)) =)) Really MOM, HE just died there!!! =)) =)) =)) I was going to give CPR, but I thought that guy ya know named bjornoff might say something! :ymblushing:
Hancock4Duke
PWing as a hobby
PWing as a hobby

Post by Hancock4Duke » August 18th, 2009, 9:42 pm

http://icanhascheezburger.com/ LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL!
Oh, Zeller wishes he could be as good as Zoubek.
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » August 19th, 2009, 9:01 am

But Mom, the sifaka was on the bed and suddenly this laser came out of nowhere.....
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » August 19th, 2009, 9:24 am

windsor wrote:

But Mom, the sifaka was on the bed and suddenly this laser came out of nowhere.....

:)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :))
knights68

Post by knights68 » August 19th, 2009, 1:25 pm

uuummmm, what Lemur mommy?
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » August 19th, 2009, 1:27 pm

It seriously looks like he had his way with it.

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » August 19th, 2009, 1:31 pm

bjornolf wrote:

%%-
Doesn't it?

I thought that cats wouldn't present this problem, but this little guy is one interesting cat. Oh, the stories I could tell.
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » August 19th, 2009, 1:33 pm

TillyGalore wrote:
bjornolf wrote:

%%-
Doesn't it?

I thought that cats wouldn't present this problem, but this little guy is one interesting cat. Oh, the stories I could tell.
Did you question the stuffed toy to see if it was consensual? =((

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » August 19th, 2009, 1:36 pm

bjornolf wrote:Did you question the stuffed toy to see if it was consensual? =((

%%-
Oh, crap. Now you tell me. 8-|