OK That does it.

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

Ima Facultiwyfe
PWing School Professor

OK That does it.

Post by Ima Facultiwyfe » November 24th, 2013, 10:25 pm

I'm forming a panel to decide what Tilly has to do for penance. I'm blaming tonight all on her cheering in Cameron for Vermont . #:-s
Love, Ima
"We will never NEVER go away." -- D. Cutcliffe
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Re: OK That does it.

Post by CathyCA » November 24th, 2013, 10:31 pm

Yup, it's Tilly's cheering that's responsible for the almost-upset.

No more tickets for Tilly behind the visiting bench! Ever again!

:9f:
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
Native
Part Time Student at PWing school
Part Time Student at PWing school

Post by Native » November 24th, 2013, 11:02 pm

Completely, irrevocably, 100% Tilly's fault. ;)

:9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f:
knights68
Full Time Student at PWing school

Post by knights68 » November 25th, 2013, 1:10 am

nah, I think we'll give her a pass for rooting for her alma mater, the underdogs in this game, and despite the much vaulted and way better Duke Blue I think she has proven her allegiance enough, time and time again to get a pass here.
It's not her fault that the Devils practically gave the game away to the Catamounts, in a game they should have dominated from start to finish. The same game where free throws saved their blue butts versus tough defense and amazing offensive scoring. Where a 15 point lead by the favorites of the night was taken from them perhaps in part by being overly confident, or perhaps being overplayed in spots too. I am not sure what our guys were thinking, but daayyuummm, it's playing like this that gets a big 'ol L instead of a great W.
yeah, I think we'll all give her a pass and forget that Duke nearly was handed it's hat and shown the door by Vermont. That's my take.
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » November 25th, 2013, 7:50 am

knights68 wrote:nah, I think we'll give her a pass for rooting for her alma mater, the underdogs in this game, and despite the much vaulted and way better Duke Blue I think she has proven her allegiance enough, time and time again to get a pass here.
It's not her fault that the Devils practically gave the game away to the Catamounts, in a game they should have dominated from start to finish. The same game where free throws saved their blue butts versus tough defense and amazing offensive scoring. Where a 15 point lead by the favorites of the night was taken from them perhaps in part by being overly confident, or perhaps being overplayed in spots too. I am not sure what our guys were thinking, but daayyuummm, it's playing like this that gets a big 'ol L instead of a great W.
yeah, I think we'll all give her a pass and forget that Duke nearly was handed it's hat and shown the door by Vermont. That's my take.
No pass allowed, what ever the reason. :Boo:
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » November 25th, 2013, 8:19 am

knights68 wrote:nah, I think we'll give her a pass for rooting for her alma mater, the underdogs in this game, and despite the much vaulted and way better Duke Blue I think she has proven her allegiance enough, time and time again to get a pass here.
You are a good husband, Knights68.

“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » November 25th, 2013, 8:38 am

I think the uke efense is more responsible than Tilly's cheering.

On the other hand, had the catamounts pulled the upset she would have been dead to me. dead.

:D
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
knights68

Post by knights68 » November 25th, 2013, 8:46 am

"I think the uke efense is more responsible than Tilly's cheering."
I AGREE wholeheartedly. :clap:

"On the other hand, had the catamounts pulled the upset she would have been dead to me. dead."
=)) You are ttoooo funny! lolol
knights68

Post by knights68 » November 25th, 2013, 8:49 am

CathyCA wrote:
You are a good husband, Knights68.

Thanky, I try ;)
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » November 25th, 2013, 9:54 am

Very Duke Blue wrote:
If I have to choose, I choose Vermont. duke doesn't need me. If they can't beat a 1-4 team because a short, fat, middle-aged woman is in Cameron, then they have bigger problems.
I worship the Blue Devil!
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » November 25th, 2013, 10:43 am

TillyGalore wrote:
Very Duke Blue wrote:
If I have to choose, I choose Vermont. duke doesn't need me. If they can't beat a 1-4 team because a short, fat, middle-aged woman is in Cameron, then they have bigger problems.
Trust me, they have bigger problems. :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » November 25th, 2013, 10:58 am

Actually, Tilly, I think your tickets should be behind the Duke bench! No more cheering for the other team ever!

~ James Naismith
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » November 25th, 2013, 1:14 pm

In fairness to Tilly, last night may have been partially my fault.

In the realm of superstitions, I have one. Unless I am attending, I do not wear Duke clothing on the day of a football or basketball game. (When I was in school, I wouldn't even wear Duke clothing when I attended games. The fact that I do now is because Coach Cut asked for us to turn Wallace Wade blue, and all the non-navy blue I own has a Duke logo on it.)

After the game was over last night, I discovered that I had on my gray Duke sweatshirt, a complete violation of the rules of the basketball gods.

Mea maxima culpa. :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » November 25th, 2013, 6:13 pm

TillyGalore wrote:
Very Duke Blue wrote:
=)) =)) =)) =)) =))
You made me laugh! I'm cool with you cheering for your alma mater. If I was in your shoes, I'd be darned proud of their performance. :9f:
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » November 25th, 2013, 6:14 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:In fairness to Tilly, last night may have been partially my fault.

In the realm of superstitions, I have one. Unless I am attending, I do not wear Duke clothing on the day of a football or basketball game. (When I was in school, I wouldn't even wear Duke clothing when I attended games. The fact that I do now is because Coach Cut asked for us to turn Wallace Wade blue, and all the non-navy blue I own has a Duke logo on it.)

After the game was over last night, I discovered that I had on my gray Duke sweatshirt, a complete violation of the rules of the basketball gods.

Shame on you, lawgrad.

I guess this means that my homemade pizza anti-jinx is stronger than your Duke apparel jinx. Please, though, let's not test that one again.

Wonder if Lavabe was washing dishes...
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
Ima Facultiwyfe
PWing School Professor

Post by Ima Facultiwyfe » November 25th, 2013, 6:31 pm

Welllllll ...... to be perfectly honest, we weren't in our regular seats either. So I guess we have to take some heat. We gave our seats to the couple next to us so they could take family. The OP and I sat down under the basket in the handicapped section. (Lousy view, by the way.)

I was looking forward to being able to hear the team members talking to each other. I know the importance K puts on that. I wanted to know what they would holler out on defense and who was the most vocal leader, etc. Well, I didn't hear any talk or even see their lips move.

Bet they got an earful today, though.
Love, Ima

PS I hope Josh is okay. Anybody hear?
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » November 25th, 2013, 10:59 pm

In re superstitions: I plugged in my Duke Basketball tree. My friend in Sterling, Virginia even texted me prior to tipoff to make sure that my tree was lit.

~ James Naismith
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » November 26th, 2013, 3:39 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:
lawgrad91 wrote:In fairness to Tilly, last night may have been partially my fault.

Shame on you, lawgrad.

I guess this means that my homemade pizza anti-jinx is stronger than your Duke apparel jinx. Please, though, let's not test that one again.

Wonder if Lavabe was washing dishes...
Don't worry, it won't happen again. Even though that's my favorite sweatshirt, it won't happen again. :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
Ima Facultiwyfe
PWing School Professor

Post by Ima Facultiwyfe » November 26th, 2013, 5:24 pm

What does that ad say? "It's only silly if it doesn't work." ?
Love, Ima
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » November 28th, 2013, 8:44 am

FWIW, last night (Alabama) I wore a Canadian Olympic sweatshirt. :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.