RIP Septimus

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

Miles
PWing School Associate Professor

RIP Septimus

Post by Miles » September 9th, 2013, 12:48 pm

Last night Kelly and I said goodbye to our little buddy Septimus. He was 16 years old, and had a quiet passing at home surrounded by his family.

Septimus had an adventurous life. He and his little sister traveled with me all over the United States with me from Charlotte to Greenville and back, to San Diego, LA and back again to Charlotte. He loved to be around people and to see what they were doing. When I was working from home, Septimus was on my lap or laying at my feet under my desk. My favorite thing about him, and what I will miss most is him reaching out and touching my face. When he was in your lap he would just reach up and rest his little paw on your cheek until you scratched his head or gave him some love.

I miss him dearly.

sMiles
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Re: RIP Septimus

Post by lawgrad91 » September 9th, 2013, 12:51 pm

Oh, Miles. I'm so sorry for your and Kelly's loss. Losing a pet is intensely painful.

Know that we are all thinking of you.
Iron Duke #1471997.
DukieInKansas
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » September 9th, 2013, 12:55 pm

I'm so sorry for your loss. It is hard to say good bye to our furry family members.
Life is good!
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » September 9th, 2013, 1:00 pm

So sorry. Looks like a really cool cat.
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
Ima Facultiwyfe
PWing School Professor

Post by Ima Facultiwyfe » September 9th, 2013, 1:27 pm

I know how it hurts. Here's a hug. :ymhug:
Love, Ima
"We will never NEVER go away." -- D. Cutcliffe
chipslate
Part Time Student at PWing school
Part Time Student at PWing school

Post by chipslate » September 9th, 2013, 3:30 pm

Sorry to hear that!
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » September 9th, 2013, 3:50 pm

So sorry for your loss. Losing a beloved friend is always so hard. I hope the good memories of Septimus ease your grief and fill your heart.
:ymhug: :ymhug:
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
DukePA

Post by DukePA » September 9th, 2013, 7:44 pm

Much love and many hugs to you and Kelly. It is so hard to lose a pet. :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug:
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » September 9th, 2013, 8:48 pm

Miles wrote:Last night Kelly and I said goodbye to our little buddy Septimus. He was 16 years old, and had a quiet passing at home surrounded by his family.

Septimus had an adventurous life. He and his little sister traveled with me all over the United States with me from Charlotte to Greenville and back, to San Diego, LA and back again to Charlotte. He loved to be around people and to see what they were doing. When I was working from home, Septimus was on my lap or laying at my feet under my desk. My favorite thing about him, and what I will miss most is him reaching out and touching my face. When he was in your lap he would just reach up and rest his little paw on your cheek until you scratched his head or gave him some love.

I miss him dearly.

Heart breaking. Love to you both. :ymhug: :ymhug:
IowaDevil

Post by IowaDevil » September 9th, 2013, 9:30 pm

Hugs to you and Kelly! Times like these are tough! :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug:
:happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f:
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » September 9th, 2013, 10:13 pm

What a sweet kitty!

I know that Septimus is waiting for you on the other side of the rainbow bridge. :cat: :gay-rainbow:

I am so sorry, Miles and Kelly. :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug:

:9f:
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
shereec
PWing School Professor

Post by shereec » September 10th, 2013, 5:46 am

Sweet Septimus! Much love and many hugs to you and Kelly.
DevilWearsPrada2.0
PWing School Professor

Post by DevilWearsPrada2.0 » September 10th, 2013, 11:43 am

Thoughts and prayers on the loss of Sweet Septimus. Our pets are our babies. :ymhug:
Miles

Post by Miles » September 11th, 2013, 9:22 am

Thanks everybody. Y'all are the best.
:-BD :ymhug:
sMiles
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » September 12th, 2013, 7:03 pm

:wizard: :ymhug: :pray:
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
Bostondevil
Graduate Student at PWing school
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by Bostondevil » September 14th, 2013, 6:03 pm

So sorry, Miles.

We lost Gordon this week too. Gordon was a Betta fish and we only had him for a year but in that year he really became my fish. I miss him. It feels so weird to say that about a fish but it's true. I was the one who fed him the most. I would talk to him everyday and wag my finger at him right before I fed him. He would wiggle his fins faster and head up to the top of the bowl. I was convinced he knew it was me. He became very sluggish the last week, staying at the bottom of the bowl no matter what I did so I kinda knew it was coming. Betta fish only live 1-2 years on average in captivity.
The time is out of joint, O cursed spite!
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » September 14th, 2013, 7:45 pm

Bostondevil wrote:So sorry, Miles.

We lost Gordon this week too. Gordon was a Betta fish and we only had him for a year but in that year he really became my fish. I miss him. It feels so weird to say that about a fish but it's true. I was the one who fed him the most. I would talk to him everyday and wag my finger at him right before I fed him. He would wiggle his fins faster and head up to the top of the bowl. I was convinced he knew it was me. He became very sluggish the last week, staying at the bottom of the bowl no matter what I did so I kinda knew it was coming. Betta fish only live 1-2 years on average in captivity.
Sorry about your fish, BostonDevil. Animals can be easy to fall in love with, no matter their number of legs (or fins).
Iron Duke #1471997.
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » September 14th, 2013, 10:02 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:
Bostondevil wrote:So sorry, Miles.

Sorry about your fish, BostonDevil. Animals can be easy to fall in love with, no matter their number of legs (or fins).
I had a betta also for a little over a year and became very attached to him. I didn't think anyone else talked to fish. I'm sorry for your loss. I agree with LG. :ymhug: