PJ Hairston...Unc Dumbass, suspended from team

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

DevilWearsPrada2.0
PWing School Professor

PJ Hairston...Unc Dumbass, suspended from team

Post by DevilWearsPrada2.0 » June 6th, 2013, 12:07 pm

Just saw on Wtvd Durham that Unc player PJ Hairston was arrested near Holloway Street in Durham for possesion of pot and no operator license. OH MY!

http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/story?secti ... id=9129502

DURHAM (WTVD) -- Durham Police confirm to ABC11 that UNC basketball player PJ Hairston, and two other men, were charged with possession of marijuana Wednesday.

Police say the sophomore guard was stopped at a license check at 10:20 p.m. at the intersection of Holloway and Guthrie streets near downtown Durham.

Hairston was also charged with driving without a license.

A spokesman for UNC Athletics tells ABC11 that they are aware of the situation.

"We are aware of the situation involving one of our athletes," UNC Senior Associate Athletic Director for Communications Steve Kirschner said. "We are still gathering information and may comment further later."
In April, Hairston confirmed he would be returning to UNC next season after considering going to the NBA.
It is unclear on how Wednesday's arrest will impact Hairston's standing at the university.
IowaDevil
PWing School Associate Professor
PWing School Associate Professor

Re: PJ Hairston... Unc player arrested

Post by IowaDevil » June 6th, 2013, 1:04 pm

Why does this not surprise me?
:happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f:
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » June 6th, 2013, 1:30 pm

As I posted OY, and on FB...
I hate when the media makes a deal out of any athlete being busted for pot. Don't Smoke Dope, Kids, You'll Wind Up Like This Guy!!!! (An elite athlete and soon to be millionaire).
However, they do need to dig in and find where the weed came from....if that herb was a gift from a booster, he's done for!!

Seriously, it should be nothing more than a traffic ticket, he wasn't selling pounds of it in the street.
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » June 6th, 2013, 1:32 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:As I posted OY, and on FB...
I hate when the media makes a deal out of any athlete being busted for pot. Don't Smoke Dope, Kids, You'll Wind Up Like This Guy!!!! (An elite athlete and soon to be millionaire).
However, they do need to dig in and find where the weed came from....if that herb was a gift from a booster, he's done for!!

Seriously, it should be nothing more than a traffic ticket, he wasn't selling pounds of it in the street.

I can't get all wadded up over this....I know too many guys in dark blue who are lucky the did not or have not gotten caught.

A college smoking weed = non issue.
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » June 6th, 2013, 1:38 pm

The booster should have given some weed to John Henson. Maybe it would have helped fill him out a little. :9f:

I will absolutely bet someone else in the car falls on the sword and says it's their marijuana, and PJ didn't know a THING about it and thought it was oregano for the pizza they were picking up.

BTW, do the sheep have a favorite lawyer that represents their athletes for everything? Working close to Blacksburg, we hear all about every VT player who gets in trouble for anything, and Jimmy Turk (son of Federal Judge Turk) represents them. No one I know could afford Jimmy Turk, but somehow VT ball players can.

:9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » June 6th, 2013, 1:47 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:BTW, do the sheep have a favorite lawyer that represents their athletes for everything? Working close to Blacksburg, we hear all about every VT player who gets in trouble for anything, and Jimmy Turk (son of Federal Judge Turk) represents them. No one I know could afford Jimmy Turk, but somehow VT ball players can.

Since my daughter is in Blacksburg, I will remember the name if she ever gets herself in serious doo-doo!
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
DevilWearsPrada2.0
PWing School Professor

Post by DevilWearsPrada2.0 » June 6th, 2013, 2:08 pm

http://northcarolina.scout.com/2/1297586.html

CHAPEL HILL, N.C. -- Sources close to the program have confirmed that UNC head coach Roy Williams met with P.J. Hairston on Thursday morning concerning his possession of marijuana charge.

North Carolina's leading scorer was stopped at a license check in Durham at 10:20pm on Wednesday night and was also charged with driving without a license.

Kids and adults make mistakes. PJ should have let someone drive the vehicle with a Valid Driver license. There are random Driver License Check Points in Durham, all the time!!!
Bless His Heart!
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » June 6th, 2013, 2:11 pm

What in the he-ho was he doing in THAT part of Durham at 10:20 p.m. on a Wednesday night? To be sure, prayer meeting had already adjourned an hour earlier at the Baptist church.

Regardless of one's views on marijuana, it is STILL illegal to possess it in North Carolina. PJ needs to find a legal way of getting high: beer (if he is of age), chocolate, swimming, skateboarding, trampolining, ice cream, or whatever. He is a high profile personality, and I have no sympathy for him.

(BTW, I recently told one of my clients that he needed to find another way of getting high besides the illegal opiates he was using. I suggested that he drink beer instead. He replied, "Oh no. My family doesn't let me drink alcohol." ) #-o

“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » June 6th, 2013, 2:12 pm

CathyCA wrote: He replied, "Oh no. My family doesn't let me drink alcohol." ) #-o
=)) =)) :-?
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » June 6th, 2013, 2:16 pm

Post of the day from I.C.:

Gives a whole new meaing to 'PJ lighting it up from downtown'
DevilWearsPrada2.0
PWing School Professor

Post by DevilWearsPrada2.0 » June 6th, 2013, 2:37 pm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Hairston was stopped by officers in Durham, N.C., for a license check when he and two passengers, Miykael Faulcon and Carlos Sanford, were found to be in possession of a small amount of marijuana. Hairston was charged with possessing half an ounce of pot. The charge is considered a misdemeanor. He was released on a $1,000 bond."

Miykael Faulcon and Carlos Sanford?

www.foxsportscarolinas.com/col...amp;feedID=3737
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » June 6th, 2013, 3:12 pm

Boink, boink, puff, puff, pass, ahhhhh.......
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » June 6th, 2013, 4:10 pm

windsor wrote:Post of the day from I.C.:

Gives a whole new meaing to 'PJ lighting it up from downtown'
I hate laughing at something posted on IC, but this once I will make an exception. =)) =)) :ymdevil: :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » June 6th, 2013, 4:11 pm

CathyCA wrote:(BTW, I recently told one of my clients that he needed to find another way of getting high besides the illegal opiates he was using. I suggested that he drink beer instead. He replied, "Oh no. My family doesn't let me drink alcohol." ) #-o

Too funny. L-)
Iron Duke #1471997.
DevilWearsPrada2.0
PWing School Professor

Post by DevilWearsPrada2.0 » June 6th, 2013, 11:45 pm

I have read most of the posts on IC about PJ!!!!

All I can say, is What in the Heck was PJ and his so called buddies, doing in Durham after 10pm, and on Holloway street, of all places. That is not a place for any Student Athlete (whether it be Unc or Duke!).....

PJ was in the wrong place at the wrong time last night......

http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/story?secti ... id=9129502

Good Video and it shows PJ's mugshot!

I am sure PJ's Mother is livid over this situation. PJ made a bad decision. BLESS HIS HEART!!!
DevilWearsPrada2.0
PWing School Professor

Post by DevilWearsPrada2.0 » June 6th, 2013, 11:59 pm

CathyCA wrote:What in the he-ho was he doing in THAT part of Durham at 10:20 p.m. on a Wednesday night? To be sure, prayer meeting had already adjourned an hour earlier at the Baptist church.

Regardless of one's views on marijuana, it is STILL illegal to possess it in North Carolina. PJ needs to find a legal way of getting high: beer (if he is of age), chocolate, swimming, skateboarding, trampolining, ice cream, or whatever. He is a high profile personality, and I have no sympathy for him.

(BTW, I recently told one of my clients that he needed to find another way of getting high besides the illegal opiates he was using. I suggested that he drink beer instead. He replied, "Oh no. My family doesn't let me drink alcohol." ) #-o

Holloway Street at 1020pm.... BAD area. Long Past the hour that Baptist church lets out on Wed Night.
Pot is illegal in NC... PJ knows that!!!! Bless his heart!!

Get high on chocolate, ice cream, trampolining, etc............ I almost spit my drink into the screen of my laptop!!!!!!!!

Cathy........ you have some Doozie Clients!!!! OMG, opiates! Beer would be better! I hope you are keeping a diary or journal of all these Clients and their remarks! What a book!!!
DevilAlumna
Graduate Student at PWing school
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by DevilAlumna » June 7th, 2013, 12:39 am

windsor wrote:
I can't get all wadded up over this....I know too many guys in dark blue who are lucky the did not or have not gotten caught.

A college smoking weed = non issue.
The fine voting citizens of Washington (and Colorado) state agree with you. :D
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » June 7th, 2013, 8:47 am

Gives a bit of a different meaning to:

G
T
H
C

:ymdevil:
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » June 7th, 2013, 9:03 am

devildeac wrote:Gives a bit of a different meaning to:

G
T
H
C

cleaning coffee spew off my monitors at the office.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » June 7th, 2013, 9:30 am

devildeac wrote:Gives a bit of a different meaning to:

G
T
H
C

=)) :ymdevil:

Good thing I was drinking water; it cleans up so much more easily than coffee.

Iron Duke #1471997.