BoonNation Bracket Challenge is Here!

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

EarlJam
PWing School Associate Professor
PWing School Associate Professor

BoonNation Bracket Challenge is Here!

Post by EarlJam » March 18th, 2013, 6:55 pm

Come one, come all! Just contact me and let me know if you will participate!

danbboon32@yahoo.com

or

boonnation@gmx.com

The Official Document that Explains ALL Follows! (Upon request, I can send this in .PDF form)......

BOONNATION XVII - “Dirty Dancin’ to the ATL”

Wow. Has it been a year already? Hmmmm, let me check my calendar of most memorable NCAA Tournament Duke moments. Yep, there’s Christian Laettner hitting that shot (again) at the buzzer to beat Kentucky to indicate March’s arrival! Yes, speaking of Kentucky, it’s been a year since “eyebrows” and company tore its way through the NCAA field to easily win yet another National Championship. Man, that team WAS good, and they deserved to win it all.

So here we are again. The seventeenth year of the unique basketball pool I started when I was a budding public relations dude in Atlanta back in 1996. My bracketmania is especially unique because while I easily could, I refuse to “go computer.” No, I still use a two-person system to check and score each bracket by hand, with no help from computers. Why? Because I love doing it. Seriously. I love basketball. This approach also allows me to add Bonus Questions to the mix for extra fun and value. By reviewing each bracket after each round, I also see things a computer might miss – like that upset pick that only one person got right, or the fact that someone got an entire region right while someone is else failed in equal measure, getting NONE of the picks right (yes, it’s happened).

Also making my bracketmania unique is that it recognizes, and “rewards” the LAST place finisher! Since BoonNation began back in 1996, I have awarded the last place finisher a complimentary pack of Mentos and a can of Coca-Cola (and yes, this was before the Mentos in the soda craze!)

With the Final Four in Atlanta this year, my dream scenario is to have Duke make it this far and perhaps have some friends and acquaintances come down for a visit! What fun that would be! So what are we waiting for? LET’S GET STARTED! FIVE…..FOUR…...THREE…..TWO…..ONE…..

FIVE Simple Steps for Playing BOONNATION XVII:

1. Fill out the bracket (include tiebreaker on bracket which is the total points scored by both teams in the National Championship game) – Nevermind play-in games. Only counting games from this Thursday forward. And NONE of those teams winning play-in games will win on Thursday or Friday anyway, trust me. Consider that a tip, the only one you’ll get!). Note: Participants can submit TWO brackets per person as long as they submit SEVEN “hmmms” per bracket!

2. ANSWER the FIVE Bonus Questions (Listed Below) – DO NOT FORGET THIS!!!

3. E-Mail or FAX your Bracket(s) and Bonus Questions (2 points each) to me, Dan Boon (boonnation@gmx.com or danbboon32@yahoo.com). Just e-mail me if you need the fax number to submit brackets and bonus questions

4. Send In Entry Fee (7 “hmmms” per bracket) – Can submit up to two brackets. Can use PayPal or just ask for my address via e-mail and I will send it to you!

5. Enjoy! Tune in to BoonNation! On FACEBOOK (http://www.facebook.com/#!/boon.nation.5?fref=ts) for smack talk, updates, who’s who, interesting facts, pictures of my torso, etc.

SCORING
The BoonNation competition is based on points gathered. The person with the most points gathered at when the final buzzer sounds at the end of the National Championship game IS the new (or repeat) BoonNation champion, this time for BoonNation XVII! So you win by having the most points when the horn sounds – just like basketball! Or Monopoly, if money were points and someone sounded an airhorn at the end of it.

1st Round Games – 2 points each (64 possible points) – Final 32 teams remain
2nd Round Games – 4 points each (64 possible points) – Sweet Sixteen teams remain
3rd Round Games – 7 points each (56 possible points) – Great Eight teams remain
4th Round (Regionals) – 12 points each (48 possible points) - Final Four remain
Semifinals – 15 points each (30 possible points) – Two teams remain
National Championship – (15 possible points) – On team remains – The National Champion

TIEBREAKER (If needed)
INCLUDE TIEBREAKER ON BRACKETS! – Example: 151 pts. The tiebreaker is the total number of points you think will be scored in the championship game. In the example, 151, someone thinks the final score may be 74 – 77, making the total (or, the tiebreaker) 151.

If two participants are tied after all games are settled, the participant who more closely guesses the total number of points scored in the Championship Game will be declared the winner (and will receive all the glory, love, responsibility, fame, and accolades that come with first place). It doesn’t matter if you go over the point total when guessing. It’s just who’s CLOSEST. This is NOT The Price is Right and I am not Bob Barker, Drew Carey, or one of Barker’s Beauties. This is BoonNation, something far richer, more rewarding, more valuable and more insensier (my word), and I, am Dan B. Boon, crongnogtifier (my word) of the Madness!

THE BONUS QUESTIONS (2 pts each) – DO NOT FORGET TO ANSWER THESE!!!

1. Will any team during the tournament score 100 points or more? (Yes / No)
2. Who will be the first #1 Seed to be eliminated? (Indiana, Gonzaga, Kansas, Louisville)
3. True or False: a # 13 Seed WILL win and advance to the second round.
4. True or False: At least two #1 seeds will make the Final Four.
5. At ANY time during the Final Four, will a player OR coach receive a Technical Foul? (Yes / No)

Brackets are due by Thursday at NOON! And while I cannot force it, please have all HMMMS paid or in the mail by Thursday at Noon. Failure of delivering on HMMMS really waters down the pool, makes managing the brackets much more difficult, takes some fun away from everyone else, and causes little kittens and puppies to fall into severe states of depression and cry.

PRIZE/REWARD SUMMARY
· First Place: 75 percent of pool
· Second Place: 17 percent of pool
· Third Place: 8 percent of pool
· Last Place: Pack of Mentos and a can of Coca-Cola!

GOOD LUCK!

Do not hesitate to call (770) 906-1088, e-mail, text or message me if you have any questions at all! Get those brackets, and bonus questions figured out, and get your SEVEN HMMMS per bracket in (max two brackets)! Let’s Dance!

-Dan B. Boon
BoonNation XVII
Your mama wears combat boots to bed.