Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

EarlJam
PWing School Associate Professor

Re: DBR "Banned" Letter - A MUST READ!

Post by EarlJam » March 27th, 2013, 3:37 pm

windsor wrote:Let me see...
You went somewhere you were not wanted
The same somewhere you riducle whenever the opportunity arises...
You faked a name to get around being banned
You mocked them for it publically when they caught you

and your whining 'cause they're a little pissy?

Seriously?

If you don't like them don't go there. If you think they are asshats then why are you wasting your time there? You don't get to taunt peolple then whine when you get a reaction. You probably tap on the cages in the zoo and tease dogs just outside the range of their tie outs.

...and btw the loss of poster doesnt' mean anything to them.. Remember, DBR is no longer owned by Julio/Boswell/James. The $$ on the site are driven by the number of hits and ad clicks...and the boards don't add to that

Well Windsor, I certainly didn't expect to get any support from you, so you can just ignore this post, mmmmmm-kay?

As for "whining," I'm not whining. In fact, I find the whole thing fucking hilarious! In fact, my response to them was, "Na na na na boo boo, stick your head in doo doo." So you can take your little lecture and stick it in your back pocket, in your cleavage, or in the oriface of your choice. Not whining, and you hardly know all the details anyway.

Hugs and kisses,

-EarlJam
Your mama wears combat boots to bed.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » March 27th, 2013, 5:34 pm

That's perfect. Thank you.
I have been struggling with letting this thread live out; we said long ago that we weren't going to vent about OY because, well, hey, we have better things to do. I'm still letting it live out because I hate censorship and I don't want to be a part of it, but I am very happy with the words that Windsor wrote. Basically, you lie in the bed you make.
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
DukePA

Post by DukePA » March 27th, 2013, 7:29 pm

I gotta say, I never butted heads with the mods OY, but I have gotten a big kick out of this thread. I think it's funny :D
swmooreunc
I don't know what PWing is.

Post by swmooreunc » March 27th, 2013, 7:49 pm

Dear Male Jar,

I think that the fact that you continue to toy with us at DBR shows your continued immaturity and lack of sportsmanship. WE at DBR continue to provide a Carolina friendly site where pseudo-Duke perspectives (philosophically known as "caro-perspectivism" which means that we provide pro-Carolina forums in disguise as pro-Duke forums) thrive in a robust environment. Why you continue to plague us, ridiculing us, really, REALLY, I mean REALLY REALLY REALLY, hurts our feelings. For example, when I found that you hacked into our system, once again, to spew your pro-Duke perspective, I was personally hurt and I REALLY REALLY REALLY needed a release. I can't tell you how I achieved that release. But I assure you it conformed to the "Carolina Way" which for those of you who do not know the mysterious ways of us Tar Heels involved a picture of Coach Smith and, well, some grape jelly (Bene Note: we DON NOT use jam anymore as you have ruined that forever for us). I digress, your mean, heartless toying with us just because you can fool us at DBR is just so...like when stupid people can't get into college and gawd--go to state. I just think you should apologize because it was soooo mean. I need you to apologize because, as the Crazie-Talk team says, there are better things for us to do like complaining about humorous, sly, witty, cool, posts, that make fun of DBR because they don't always seem to enjoy the world and the irony and sarcasm that exists in so many ways that you delight in bringing to our attention so that our days might be a little happier and fun. How dare you, sir, trying to make humor and have fun. How dare you provide me, DBR, and Crazie-Talk folks a little fun on an otherwise boring day. How dare YOU sir!!!!!!! Isn't this, after all, Crazie Talk? And just for the record, I love me :tease: a Windsor Knot on my tie. :tease:
swmooreunc

Post by swmooreunc » March 27th, 2013, 8:08 pm

Oh My God!!!!

I just read Raja Elm's profile and he says: "Guitar, anything airplane related, pickles, the afterlife, reading (mostly about American history), beer, hiking in the moutains, fishing, tuna fish, shock tarts, good movies, bee pollen."

I'm okay with pickles and beer. But seriously, shock tarts? I have endured shock tarts. I've also eaten my share of bee pollen. But your disgusting like of tuna fish with these other things makes me hate your preferences. You may not marry anyone because I find your preferences disgusting to me. And, really, "anything airplane related"? Have ever been in a plane crash?!? Well, I can tell you that it is not pleasant, sir! I now understand completely what they mean when they say "We're on our final approach, just sit back and enjoy the rest of the flight, folks." Oh great! We're all gonna die!!!!!
EarlJam

Post by EarlJam » March 27th, 2013, 8:52 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:
windsor wrote: and your whining 'cause they're a little pissy?
That's perfect. Thank you.
I have been struggling with letting this thread live out; we said long ago that we weren't going to vent about OY because, well, hey, we have better things to do. I'm still letting it live out because I hate censorship and I don't want to be a part of it, but I am very happy with the words that Windsor wrote. Basically, you lie in the bed you make.
"That's perfect. Thank you." ????? "...you lie in the bed you make?"

Windor's seemingly lack of reading comprehension skills aside, that's pretty disappointing Chris. Two basic points (that I never thought I'd have to explain, and that others (I won't name names) get perfectly:

1) I am NOT whining. I thought that was pretty clear. While yes, an initial attempt was made to bargain a DBR "comeback," I could quite honestly (on all my fish's graves) not care any LESS whether or not DBR "takes me back." I am perfectly happy with the metaphorical bed I have made, and simply found their letters to be over the top and hilarious. As I noted in my original post (and have shared with DBR moderators), I actually really respect what they do and think they do a GREAT job with news, Op-Eds, overall content, etc. And...

2) Yes, you lie in the bed you make. OR, you can draw on the support of many others and create a site called "Crazietalk.net." A site that I named, by the way. Oh how quickly we forget!

Lordy. Anyway, back to your regularly scheduled programming.

With much love,

-EarlJam
Last edited by EarlJam on March 27th, 2013, 8:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
EarlJam

Post by EarlJam » March 27th, 2013, 8:55 pm

swmooreunc wrote:Dear Male Jar,

I think that the fact that you continue to toy with us at DBR shows your continued immaturity and lack of sportsmanship. WE at DBR continue to provide a Carolina friendly site where pseudo-Duke perspectives (philosophically known as "caro-perspectivism" which means that we provide pro-Carolina forums in disguise as pro-Duke forums) thrive in a robust environment. Why you continue to plague us, ridiculing us, really, REALLY, I mean REALLY REALLY REALLY, hurts our feelings. For example, when I found that you hacked into our system, once again, to spew your pro-Duke perspective, I was personally hurt and I REALLY REALLY REALLY needed a release. I can't tell you how I achieved that release. But I assure you it conformed to the "Carolina Way" which for those of you who do not know the mysterious ways of us Tar Heels involved a picture of Coach Smith and, well, some grape jelly (Bene Note: we DON NOT use jam anymore as you have ruined that forever for us). I digress, your mean, heartless toying with us just because you can fool us at DBR is just so...like when stupid people can't get into college and gawd--go to state. I just think you should apologize because it was soooo mean. I need you to apologize because, as the Crazie-Talk team says, there are better things for us to do like complaining about humorous, sly, witty, cool, posts, that make fun of DBR because they don't always seem to enjoy the world and the irony and sarcasm that exists in so many ways that you delight in bringing to our attention so that our days might be a little happier and fun. How dare you, sir, trying to make humor and have fun. How dare you provide me, DBR, and Crazie-Talk folks a little fun on an otherwise boring day. How dare YOU sir!!!!!!! Isn't this, after all, Crazie Talk? And just for the record, I love me :tease: a Windsor Knot on my tie. :tease:
The above, by the way, is fuggin' HILARIOUS!!!! SWMOOREUNC, welcome aboard..........and I hope you haven't hurt Windsor's feelings. She's a bit touchy! I still love her though, and will let her mount my cock if she's ever in Atlanta! (an inside joke here on the boards - there is a concrete rooster outside a restaurant here in Atlanta that I have claimed as my own cock. Some have already mounted it, and I hope one day Windsor will mount my cock as well). :happy-bouncyblue:

-EarlJam
Ima Facultiwyfe
PWing School Professor

Post by Ima Facultiwyfe » March 28th, 2013, 9:02 pm

Yep. It's been fun. But, timing is everything. This is past its prime. Upward and onward. :ymparty:
Love, Ima
"We will never NEVER go away." -- D. Cutcliffe
EarlJam

Post by EarlJam » March 28th, 2013, 9:06 pm

Ima Facultiwyfe wrote:Yep. It's been fun. But, timing is everything. This is past its prime. Upward and onward. :ymparty:
Love, Ima
Fair enough, well said, and agreed. Thanks Ima! Yes, upward, onward and may we all have our eyes set on ATLANTA next weekend!!!!

:happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :duke:

-EarlJam
DukePA

Post by DukePA » March 28th, 2013, 9:15 pm

EarlJam wrote:
Ima Facultiwyfe wrote:Yep. It's been fun. But, timing is everything. This is past its prime. Upward and onward. :ymparty:
Love, Ima
Fair enough, well said, and agreed. Thanks Ima! Yes, upward, onward and may we all have our eyes set on ATLANTA next weekend!!!!

:happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :duke:

-EarlJam
Woo hoo! Hotlanta!! If we are there next weekend, I will NOT mount your cock. You're my bro and that shit is too twisted for your sis :D
Upward and onward! GO DUKE!!
Ima Facultiwyfe
PWing School Professor

Post by Ima Facultiwyfe » March 28th, 2013, 9:30 pm

Wish I were getting to go to Atlanta. But, most important is getting the GUYS to Atlanta! I'll watch for you on TV, EJ! Will you be the one in the tennis whites?
Love, Ima
"We will never NEVER go away." -- D. Cutcliffe
Native
Part Time Student at PWing school

Post by Native » March 29th, 2013, 9:28 am

Just a heads-up, [EarlJam/MealJar/MaleJar/AjarElm/LameJar/RealJam]: I have notified the Line Monitor contingent about The Legend of The Cock. Should we make it to Atlanta, you might just have the honor of saying that all of the Duke Line Monitors were on your cock.

So you should root extra, extra hard for the Blue Devils tonight.

:9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f:
captmojo
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Post by captmojo » March 29th, 2013, 11:44 am

Native wrote:Just a heads-up, [EarlJam/MealJar/MaleJar/AjarElm/LameJar/RealJam]: I have notified the Line Monitor contingent about The Legend of The Cock. Should we make it to Atlanta, you might just have the honor of saying that all of the Duke Line Monitors were on your cock.

If there has ever been an incentive... :twitch:
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"
DevilWearsPrada2.0
PWing School Professor

Post by DevilWearsPrada2.0 » March 29th, 2013, 12:10 pm

captmojo wrote:
Native wrote:Just a heads-up, [EarlJam/MealJar/MaleJar/AjarElm/LameJar/RealJam]: I have notified the Line Monitor contingent about The Legend of The Cock. Should we make it to Atlanta, you might just have the honor of saying that all of the Duke Line Monitors were on your cock.

If there has ever been an incentive... :twitch:

ROFL =)) =)) =))

Native........ Are you in Indy????? Let's Go Duke!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:duke: :duke: :duke: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue:
EarlJam

Post by EarlJam » March 29th, 2013, 2:21 pm

Ima Facultiwyfe wrote:Wish I were getting to go to Atlanta. But, most important is getting the GUYS to Atlanta! I'll watch for you on TV, EJ! Will you be the one in the tennis whites?
Love, Ima
Well Ima, I lost my match last night so I would be wearing "sympathy tennis blacks." That said, if I win my next match on Sunday, and Duke makes it to Atlanta, YES, I'll be donning my "victory tennis whites!" The shorts are the same length as Jay Bilas' circa 1985, and the top is a mesh tank top with a big silkscreen tennis ball in the center! The hat is made of green glitter, to go with the green glitter shoes and pink socks!

-EJ

:D :happy-bouncyblue: :D
EarlJam

Post by EarlJam » March 29th, 2013, 2:28 pm

(snicker snicker) - you said, "extra hard" - (snicker snicker) :) :))

Seriously though, hell YES! Look me up! I'm going to PM you with some contact info. It could be a really fun weekend!!

Wow, talk about upping the ante!

GO DUKE!!!!!!

-EJ :happy-bouncyblue:
Native

Post by Native » March 29th, 2013, 2:57 pm

EarlJam wrote:

(snicker snicker) - you said, "extra hard" - (snicker snicker) :) :))

Seriously though, hell YES! Look me up! I'm going to PM you with some contact info. It could be a really fun weekend!!

Wow, talk about upping the ante!

GO DUKE!!!!!!

-EJ :happy-bouncyblue:
Will do! We all entered the lottery for student tickets today. $40 for the whole shebang, excluding travel and accommodations. Not bad for court-side seats! Really hope our guys can pull through this weekend — it won't be easy.

DevilWearsPrada2.0 wrote:Native........ Are you in Indy????? Let's Go Duke!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:duke: :duke: :duke: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue:
Unfortunately, no. Trying not to miss too much class, and tickets for Indy were $160 or something. I'll just have to make myself heard from North Carolina. Shouldn't be too difficult.
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » March 29th, 2013, 11:01 pm

Seriously?

If you don't like them don't go there. If you think they are asshats then why are you wasting your time there? You don't get to taunt peolple then whine when you get a reaction. You probably tap on the cages in the zoo and tease dogs just outside the range of their tie outs.

...and btw the loss of poster doesnt' mean anything to them.. Remember, DBR is no longer owned by Julio/Boswell/James. The $$ on the site are driven by the number of hits and ad clicks...and the boards don't add to that

I don't think the issue is that there was a reaction, because that is to be expected. The issue is the tone of their reaction.
". . . when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
— Samuel Johnson

----------

2010 & 2012 CTN NASCAR Fantasy League Champion. No lemurs were harmed in the winning of these titles.

----------
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » March 29th, 2013, 11:12 pm

DukePA wrote:
Woo hoo! Hotlanta!!

Hot 'Lanta is a great Allman Brothers jam! And it is also the appropriate nickname for Duane Allman's famous tobacco sunburst coloured 1958 Gibson Les Paul!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWSoo3bLhIc

ETA: Damn, I forgot that videos won't embed here :(
". . . when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
— Samuel Johnson

----------

2010 & 2012 CTN NASCAR Fantasy League Champion. No lemurs were harmed in the winning of these titles.

----------
captmojo
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Post by captmojo » March 30th, 2013, 12:36 am

And if you want that new Duane Allman box set, pack your wallet! $140. (American) #:-s
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"