LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by lawgrad91 » June 2nd, 2010, 8:07 pm

captmojo wrote:Weedeater, weedwhacker...I guess it's best to call it a stringtrimmer, anyway, I've been carrying one all day and man, my arms are tired. I see these state employees, using them in the medians. I feel for them.
Our (VA) state employees SIT in the medians, using their cell phones. The inmate crews work, though.
Iron Duke #1471997.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » June 2nd, 2010, 8:29 pm

I have made my decision: I am replacing my Kindle with ... another Kindle. It's cheaper and lighter. Besides, the iPad seems like an oversized iPhone. I already have one of those. I liked my first generation Kindle because it was light and portable; why replace it with something that's not as portable? Next decision: get it now or wait until August when the newest Kindle comes out? Kindle 2 (6 inch screen) or Kindle DX (9.7 inch screen)?
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » June 2nd, 2010, 8:46 pm

captmojo wrote:Weedeater, weedwhacker...I guess it's best to call it a stringtrimmer, anyway, I've been carrying one all day and man, my arms are tired. I see these state employees, using them in the medians. I feel for them.
My Dad used to call it a "wacky weeder."
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » June 2nd, 2010, 8:48 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:I have made my decision: I am replacing my Kindle with ... another Kindle. It's cheaper and lighter. Besides, the iPad seems like an oversized iPhone. I already have one of those. I liked my first generation Kindle because it was light and portable; why replace it with something that's not as portable? Next decision: get it now or wait until August when the newest Kindle comes out? Kindle 2 (6 inch screen) or Kindle DX (9.7 inch screen)?
How much bigger will the new Kindle be? Not the screen size (you already told us that), but the size of the machine. If you really like the 1st gen Kindle's size, weight and portability, you probably want to stay with that.
Iron Duke #1471997.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » June 2nd, 2010, 8:54 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote:I have made my decision: I am replacing my Kindle with ... another Kindle. It's cheaper and lighter. Besides, the iPad seems like an oversized iPhone. I already have one of those. I liked my first generation Kindle because it was light and portable; why replace it with something that's not as portable? Next decision: get it now or wait until August when the newest Kindle comes out? Kindle 2 (6 inch screen) or Kindle DX (9.7 inch screen)?
How much bigger will the new Kindle be? Not the screen size (you already told us that), but the size of the machine. If you really like the 1st gen Kindle's size, weight and portability, you probably want to stay with that.
I'm not sure. I haven't found any info on the size of the new Kindle. The only information I've seen says it's thinner. The current one is thinner than the first generation Kindle that I'm replacing. The only reason I'm considering the Kindle DX is because I'd have a reasonable chance of being able to read scientific papers (it has native pdf support). Imagine trying to read a journal article on a 6 inch screen - it wouldn't be easy. The smaller on would definitely be more portable, which is a point in its favor.

Starting this Sunday, Kindles will be available at Target. If I wait until then I have a shot of being able to try it out before purchasing.
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
Miles
PWing School Associate Professor
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by Miles » June 2nd, 2010, 9:08 pm

My buddy had a friend that brought him a few pounds of venison; ground and cube steak. He turned it over to me and I turned it into chili. It was fun. Got the tomatoes and peppers smoking on the grill and right when I took them off the rain started pouring. I'm stuffed. Need a nap.
sMiles
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » June 2nd, 2010, 9:23 pm

Miles wrote:My buddy had a friend that brought him a few pounds of venison; ground and cube steak. He turned it over to me and I turned it into chili. It was fun. Got the tomatoes and peppers smoking on the grill and right when I took them off the rain started pouring. I'm stuffed. Need a nap.
Ymmm ... venison chili! Deer meat makes awesome chili. :-BD
-- Albert Einstein
YmoBeThere
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by YmoBeThere » June 2nd, 2010, 9:50 pm

I like venison jerky...
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » June 2nd, 2010, 10:42 pm

Very Duke Blue wrote:Today I have my final checkup for my second cataract surgery. My eye is doing great. :)
Excellent news! I hope your checkup went well! :-B :-BD
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » June 2nd, 2010, 10:46 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:
Miles wrote:My buddy had a friend that brought him a few pounds of venison; ground and cube steak. He turned it over to me and I turned it into chili. It was fun. Got the tomatoes and peppers smoking on the grill and right when I took them off the rain started pouring. I'm stuffed. Need a nap.
Agreed!
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » June 2nd, 2010, 10:46 pm

YmoBeThere wrote:I like venison jerky...
Agreed!
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » June 2nd, 2010, 10:47 pm

cl15876 wrote:
Very Duke Blue wrote:Today I have my final checkup for my second cataract surgery. My eye is doing great. :)
Excellent news! I hope your checkup went well! :-B :-BD
Agreed!
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » June 2nd, 2010, 10:55 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:
I 2nd that Ymmm! Deer meat when fixed correctly is delicious! My dad used to overcook it, but I bread it with flour and fry in butter, sometimes with onions and other fixings and cook it to perfection rather than well done! What's strange about that is my dad loves his beef - mooing at him! Never could understand it! :-?
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » June 2nd, 2010, 10:58 pm

YmoBeThere wrote:I like venison jerky...
O yes, me too! It is amazing at how everyone does their jerky differently (some dehydrator, some hang over fireplace, etc.) and they all taste differently (regardless of seasoning, but the cut). Anyone have a good jerky recipe, if so, please post in recipe thread! :pray:

I also love Deer Salami/Bologna! I wish I knew how to make that. OMG, a slice about 1/4-1/2" think in microwave for about 30 seconds and slap between two slices of bread, YUMMY! :-BD
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » June 3rd, 2010, 12:18 am

Watching Jay Leno and he has Jessica Simpson on... who just said she was single ..... :-? Wasn't she engaged to Tony Romeo of the Cowboys?
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » June 3rd, 2010, 12:23 am

BTW, Good Morning! :beer:
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » June 3rd, 2010, 12:48 am

SelfPortraitSmall.jpg
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » June 3rd, 2010, 5:56 am

cl15876 wrote:Watching Jay Leno and he has Jessica Simpson on... who just said she was single ..... :-? Wasn't she engaged to Tony Romeo of the Cowboys?
Yea, but they broke up a while ago. Go for it, 8-X ! You could turn her into a Redskin fan! ;)

@};-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » June 3rd, 2010, 6:50 am

bjornolf wrote:
cl15876 wrote:Watching Jay Leno and he has Jessica Simpson on... who just said she was single ..... :-? Wasn't she engaged to Tony Romeo of the Cowboys?
Yea, but they broke up a while ago. Go for it, 8-X ! You could turn her into a Redskin fan! ;)

@};-
Just be careful what tuna fish you buy.
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » June 3rd, 2010, 6:56 am

CameronBornAndBred wrote:
SelfPortraitSmall.jpg
CB&B - nice job! Love the details!