LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Re: All's well that ends well!

Post by ArkieDukie » April 25th, 2009, 7:27 am

TillyGalore wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote:Found out 5 min into closing that my mortgage was approved. I'm a home owner again! My realtor rocks - she really made this happen. Apparently she told my loan officer, "I'm through talking with you; you're a moron. I want to talk to someone above you that actually knows what they're doing." rotflmao! =)) =)) So, she and the moron's supervisor got my loan to go through. If anyone ever needs a realtor in St. Louis, PM me. I've got the realtor for you! :-bd

Now for the fun of packing...
Woo hoo!!!! Congratulations! CathyCa, Ozzie, and I were talking about this at dinner tonight and wondering how things went.

When do you move in?
Thanks! I'm going to do some serious packing today and need to do some serious cleaning at the new place before moving in. Moving day will probably be next Saturday, especially since I won't have a fridge at the new place until Monday. Who knows; I may start camping out there before the official move date. The nice thing about it being less than a mile away from here is that I can move a few things over at a time if I so desire.

How was the banquet? I'm jealous that you got to go. Went in 1993 and sat upstairs to listen to the speeches. Way cool.
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » April 25th, 2009, 7:29 am

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
TillyGalore wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote:Found out 5 min into closing that my mortgage was approved. I'm a home owner again! My realtor rocks - she really made this happen. Apparently she told my loan officer, "I'm through talking with you; you're a moron. I want to talk to someone above you that actually knows what they're doing." rotflmao! =)) =)) So, she and the moron's supervisor got my loan to go through. If anyone ever needs a realtor in St. Louis, PM me. I've got the realtor for you! :-bd

Woo hoo!!!! Congratulations! CathyCa, Ozzie, and I were talking about this at dinner tonight and wondering how things went.

When do you move in?
I was just going to post this when I read your post, but Tilly beat me to it - she lives a bit closer to Cameron than I do. I got home from the banquet/program about midnight. A good time was had by all. Tilly started the "Please don't go!" chant when G won an award! She's so roooooooooooooowdy! =)) =))

Congratulations AD!
Thanks! And, Tilly, good job with the chant. I would've been chanting right along with you! :-bd
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by CameronBornAndBred » April 25th, 2009, 10:40 am

IamDuke wrote:Well, its settled. We are still going on our trip next week to Fl. Harley now, isn't a problem. We're taking the 53 lb. 5 mo. old puppy. Wow, now I can sleep. PETS RULE!!!! :o3 :o3 :o3 :o3
Hope your trip goes smoothly. Are you taking the van?
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » April 25th, 2009, 10:41 am

Miles wrote:So I'm having an allergic reaction to the deoderant Delta gave me in my overnight bag. Feels like my armpits are on fire. It's all good though, I should be at mom and dads in about two hours. It's comical, really. :))
Damn, you're having the trip from hell.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » April 25th, 2009, 10:42 am

Great news, gotta love it when sound minds prevail.
YmoBeThere
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by YmoBeThere » April 25th, 2009, 11:46 am

Looks like many had a better Friday than Thursday. Unfortunately, I did not win the MegaMillions jackpot and won't be retiring on Monday.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » April 25th, 2009, 3:03 pm

Cheryl, I'm so happy for you! Congratulations!
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » April 25th, 2009, 4:26 pm

CathyCA wrote:

Congrats on the condo also. Hope the move goes well!
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » April 25th, 2009, 4:27 pm

I like how you can see who is at the site. Makes me wonder why they aren't posting though...okay, okay, I'll confess that I've been less than diligent in reading all the prior posts.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » April 25th, 2009, 6:00 pm

YmoBeThere wrote:
CathyCA wrote:

Congrats on the condo also. Hope the move goes well!
Thanks! My cousin came over this afternoon, and we packed up most of the kitchen and finished packing up some stuff from the living room. Ran out of small boxes and needed food more than more boxes. :D I have some stashed at work that I will get tomorrow so I can pack books.
-- Albert Einstein
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » April 25th, 2009, 8:35 pm

YmoBeThere wrote:Looks like many had a better Friday than Thursday. Unfortunately, I did not win the MegaMillions jackpot and won't be retiring on Monday.
GREAT GOOGLY MOOGLY...

Did I win? :-o :-o :-o

More importantly, did EarlJam win (and hence, where is our share)? B-)
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » April 25th, 2009, 8:42 pm

Lavabe wrote:
YmoBeThere wrote:Looks like many had a better Friday than Thursday. Unfortunately, I did not win the MegaMillions jackpot and won't be retiring on Monday.
GREAT GOOGLY MOOGLY...

Did I win? :-o :-o :-o

More importantly, did EarlJam win (and hence, where is our share)? B-)
The jackpot got bigger...
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » April 25th, 2009, 10:08 pm

I hit the jackpot! Got to go to a birthday party with my kids today in the 85 degree muggy heat. Ugh. :-l

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
Sue71
Graduate Student at PWing school
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by Sue71 » April 25th, 2009, 11:47 pm

I went and got Q for dinner tonight. I got pulled chicken (was debating between brisket & chicken, and the bartender said the chicken looked awesome today so I went with that... I ordered TO GO at the bar, btw).

Anyhoo, I went to this place (I can walk the 2 blocks from my apartment without fearing for my life ;) )... note #2 on the How To Order instructions... I don't think I ever realized that.

And I got mild, for all interested parties.
You don't walk the plank in NJ. You just disappear. Forever.
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » April 26th, 2009, 12:47 am

Lavabe wrote: More importantly, did EarlJam win (and hence, where is our share)? B-)

Whatever happened to his lottery thingy?
". . . when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
— Samuel Johnson

----------

2010 & 2012 CTN NASCAR Fantasy League Champion. No lemurs were harmed in the winning of these titles.

----------
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » April 26th, 2009, 5:39 am

colchar wrote:
Lavabe wrote: More importantly, did EarlJam win (and hence, where is our share)? B-)

Whatever happened to his lottery thingy?
I know... but seeing how he is part of the ATL mafia, I don't question his decision-making process. Eventually he will win the lottery, and we will all be better for having known Earl of the Jammeth. ;)

Speaking of 'cue and Atlanta, I was the next to the last customer to get 'cue from this Emory landmark that CLOSED yesterday:
http://www.dustys.com/restaurant.htm

It's truly sad when a 'cue place closes up for good. This was some of the best NC-style cue we could get in Atlanta. I ordered a large plate, Brunswick stew, corn salad, and an extra half-dozen hush puppies.
:( :( :( :(
Sadly,
Lavabe
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » April 26th, 2009, 7:45 am

Sue71 wrote:I went and got Q for dinner tonight. I got pulled chicken (was debating between brisket & chicken, and the bartender said the chicken looked awesome today so I went with that... I ordered TO GO at the bar, btw).

Anyhoo, I went to this place (I can walk the 2 blocks from my apartment without fearing for my life ;) )... note #2 on the How To Order instructions... I don't think I ever realized that.

And I got mild, for all interested parties.
How To Order.............................

1. Choose Entree
2. Spicy Or Mild BBQ Sauce (A Carolina Style Sauce)
carolina style? What carolina style? Or, back to Q instead of just insulting carolina for having no style, which caroina style - eastern (vinegar based), western (sweet tomato based) or South carolina (icky yellow mustard based)?

How was it?
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » April 26th, 2009, 8:21 am

Lavabe wrote:I know... but seeing how he is part of the ATL mafia, I don't question his decision-making process. Eventually he will win the lottery, and we will all be better for having known Earl of the Jammeth. ;)
Even though the Boston Tea Party is greatly reduced...there is no fear of the ATL mafia. And yes, pro players here have hits ordered on them.
IamDuke
PW in training
PW in training

Post by IamDuke » April 26th, 2009, 9:46 am

CameronBornAndBred wrote:
IamDuke wrote:Well, its settled. We are still going on our trip next week to Fl. Harley now, isn't a problem. We're taking the 53 lb. 5 mo. old puppy. Wow, now I can sleep. PETS RULE!!!! :o3 :o3 :o3 :o3
Hope your trip goes smoothly. Are you taking the van?
No van, thank goodness. We go in the Lex. Harley has the back seat. He travels good but its a long haul. I think about 12 hrs from Kenansville. Bud works Mon & Tues @ the Duplin Co Health Dept. We leave early Wed morn. We will be staying with Bud's younger brother, who lives on a lake in Panama City. Harley is going to have a great time. :o3 :o3 :o3

GO DUKE!!!

ps: I need a black lab smilie face. heehee
IamDuke
PW in training
PW in training

Post by IamDuke » April 26th, 2009, 10:09 am

Wow, what a week. Congrats on the mortage arkieDuke. Miles, so glad you & the kitties are over the traveling for a while. Man, sounds like it really was the trip from hell. Great painting by CB&B. I love his work. Lots more, too much to go on about.

Catch up you all later. Must pack for the trip. B-) B-) :o3 :o3 :o3