LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by Lavabe » January 8th, 2019, 6:29 pm

Is Dunkin' discontinuing sour cream donuts, or is that just in Hurricane, WV? :-o :-o
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » January 8th, 2019, 8:05 pm

I will check my local DD....
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
YmoBeThere
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by YmoBeThere » January 17th, 2019, 7:02 pm

I haven’t had a donut in many
months. I was offered some today but did not partake.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » January 19th, 2019, 9:14 am

Funny, when I stopped at a convenience store to use the restroom yesterday morning, I looked at the donut display but also declined to purchase one! Such willpower! :9f:
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
Turk
Part Time Student at PWing school
Part Time Student at PWing school

Post by Turk » January 26th, 2019, 5:53 pm

There were two sorry neglected abandoned chocolate covered donuts sitting lonely and sad in an Entemann's box this morning at the ancestral Turk roost. I took good care of them. Those were the first donuts I've had in a very long time (months, at least).
"The idea is that you are better today than you were yesterday."
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » January 27th, 2019, 7:07 am

Turk wrote:
January 26th, 2019, 5:53 pm
There were two sorry neglected abandoned chocolate covered donuts sitting lonely and sad in an Entemann's box this morning at the ancestral Turk roost. I took good care of them. Those were the first donuts I've had in a very long time (months, at least).
Ymmm! Entenmann’s donuts! :9f:

DukieInKansas
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » January 27th, 2019, 9:52 am

Turk wrote:
January 26th, 2019, 5:53 pm
You are such a good man to rescue thise orphan donuts. A friend on our bicycling trips would spend his evenings rescuing orphan beers. It is a noble profession.
Life is good!
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » February 23rd, 2019, 10:17 pm

I’d just like to point out that we are on page 2019. Cool, right?
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » February 24th, 2019, 12:34 am

ArkieDukie wrote:
February 23rd, 2019, 10:17 pm
Very cool! Unless we PW ourselves into 2020 prematurely.... :ymdevil: :9f:

DukieInKansas
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » February 25th, 2019, 10:04 am

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
February 24th, 2019, 12:34 am
ArkieDukie wrote:
February 23rd, 2019, 10:17 pm
Very cool! Unless we PW ourselves into 2020 prematurely.... :ymdevil: :9f:
Who, us? Don't think there is a chance we can hold off the posts for 309 days so that 2020 happens on 1/1/20.
Life is good!
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » March 1st, 2019, 2:33 pm

I have not posted in quite some time...
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » March 2nd, 2019, 12:33 pm

YmoBeThere wrote:
March 1st, 2019, 2:33 pm
IOW, I've been posting on the "wrong" LTE for quite some time.

;)
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » March 3rd, 2019, 2:48 pm

devildeac wrote:
March 2nd, 2019, 12:33 pm
YmoBeThere wrote:
March 1st, 2019, 2:33 pm
IOW, I've been posting on the "wrong" LTE for quite some time.

;)
True, true, but this one is comfortably in the lead.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » April 8th, 2019, 9:27 pm

For various reasons, I’m thinking about trading in my Buick Envision. I love it and it’s a great ride, but it’s expensive to operate. Only takes premium grade fuel, and it gets horrible gas mileage in the city. I’m very seriously considering the hybrid route - specifically, a Rav4 Hybrid. I seem to recall that DinK has a Camry Hybrid. Anyone else have experience with hybrid cars? Thoughts?
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
DukieInKansas

Post by DukieInKansas » April 9th, 2019, 11:10 am

I liked my Camry. I have a Rav4 now - but opted not to spend the extra money for the hybrid. I just didn't want to spend the difference. Haven't done the math but I don't think I drive enough to ever recover the difference in cost through gas savings. I am liking the Rav4. (I cheated - my sister had test driven cars and settled on a Rav4. I just copied her and didn't test drive anything else. Drove one and took it to my house to see if it would fit in the garage.) I hate shopping for cars.
Life is good!
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » April 11th, 2019, 7:08 am

What the heck? Two days since anyone has posted in this thread.

Am loving my new house so far, despite the fact that I’m still in the process of unpacking. My new neighborhood is quiet, and the neighbors I’ve met seem nice. For my commute to work, I’ve mostly walked the mile to the nearest train station, but I can also live within a block of 2 different bus routes that can take me to a station. Commute is less than 30 min if I take a bus and not much more if I walk to/from the station. Really thankful to have a free metro pass as an employee benefit.
-- Albert Einstein
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » April 11th, 2019, 7:12 am

DukieInKansas wrote:
April 9th, 2019, 11:10 am
I liked my Camry. I have a Rav4 now - but opted not to spend the extra money for the hybrid. I just didn't want to spend the difference. Haven't done the math but I don't think I drive enough to ever recover the difference in cost through gas savings. I am liking the Rav4. (I cheated - my sister had test driven cars and settled on a Rav4. I just copied her and didn't test drive anything else. Drove one and took it to my house to see if it would fit in the garage.) I hate shopping for cars.
If I decide not to go the hybrid route I’m considering a Mazda CX-5. I do not drive often during the week and, like you, do not know if the hybrid is worth the extra expense. With that being said, most of my driving is in the city, so the improved gas mileage in the city would be good.
-- Albert Einstein
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » April 12th, 2019, 4:04 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:
April 11th, 2019, 7:12 am
DukieInKansas wrote:
If I decide not to go the hybrid route I’m considering a Mazda CX-5. I do not drive often during the week and, like you, do not know if the hybrid is worth the extra expense. With that being said, most of my driving is in the city, so the improved gas mileage in the city would be good.
Our son and his wife bought a 2017 Forester (about 18 months old with about 20K miles) late last year in Columbus, OH, and have been very impressed so far with interior space, features, handling, MPG (about 26/32) and Subaru's reputation/value.

Our younger daughter and her husband bought a 2015 BMW (about 28K miles) 328 XDrive last month in Chicago. Came off a 3 year lease and got it for about $11,500 after it started about $17-18K and got the bumper-to-bumper warranty extended to 6 years/60K miles or something like that as part of the CPO deal along with several hundred $$ of other options like all-weather mats, car washes AND detail with all services. He walked out on the salesman twice on the last day of the month before buying :D . Rated about 26/34 MPG but premium fuel is suggested but he thinks it'll be fine on mid-grade.

Are you considering an electric vehicle or plug-in hybrid? Might not be worth the $3-4K (or more :twitch: ) for either feature, even if fossil fuel is $4/gal and you drive it >15K miles/year.
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » April 13th, 2019, 7:49 am

devildeac wrote:
April 12th, 2019, 4:04 pm
ArkieDukie wrote:
April 11th, 2019, 7:12 am
DukieInKansas wrote:
Our son and his wife bought a 2017 Forester (about 18 months old with about 20K miles) late last year in Columbus, OH, and have been very impressed so far with interior space, features, handling, MPG (about 26/32) and Subaru's reputation/value.

Our younger daughter and her husband bought a 2015 BMW (about 28K miles) 328 XDrive last month in Chicago. Came off a 3 year lease and got it for about $11,500 after it started about $17-18K and got the bumper-to-bumper warranty extended to 6 years/60K miles or something like that as part of the CPO deal along with several hundred $$ of other options like all-weather mats, car washes AND detail with all services. He walked out on the salesman twice on the last day of the month before buying :D . Rated about 26/34 MPG but premium fuel is suggested but he thinks it'll be fine on mid-grade.

Are you considering an electric vehicle or plug-in hybrid? Might not be worth the $3-4K (or more :twitch: ) for either feature, even if fossil fuel is $4/gal and you drive it >15K miles/year.
I’m looking at gas-electric. I really need to look at how many miles I drove last year. I don’t drive to work; I use public transportation instead. Assuming my calculations are correct, I’d need to average about 288 miles/week to get 15000 miles/year. I do not do that. Maybe I am better off keeping my expensive vehicle...
-- Albert Einstein
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » April 13th, 2019, 7:53 am

My agenda for the day: unpacking. I still have boxes everywhere. Arranging everything is a bit of a challenge. Lots of stuff will end up in the basement. I did decide not to empty the storage locker today. I might change my mind if I make significant progress this morning.

Here’s some fun. Windsor is in town this weekend for a competition; we are meeting up for dinner! :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue:
-- Albert Einstein