LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by Very Duke Blue » November 27th, 2018, 9:42 am

I represented myself in court this morning. My case was dismissed with no court cost. I’m happy.
DukePA
PWing School Associate Professor
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by DukePA » November 27th, 2018, 9:45 am

Very Duke Blue wrote:I represented myself in court this morning. My case was dismissed with no court cost. I’m happy.
I'll always thought you should have been a lawyer :)
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » November 27th, 2018, 9:57 am

Very Duke Blue wrote:I represented myself in court this morning. My case was dismissed with no court cost. I’m happy.
Woo hoo!!!!

Good job!
Iron Duke #1471997.
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » November 27th, 2018, 10:02 am

Thank you LG.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » November 28th, 2018, 11:09 am

Yay!

You should have never been cited. . .

:9f:
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » November 28th, 2018, 4:16 pm

CathyCA wrote:
Yay!

You should have never been cited. . .

:9f:
No, I shouldn’t have. The DOT bus should have been given the ticket. That would have made them be responsible to pay fixymy car and a car rental while it was being fixed.
DukieInKansas
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » November 29th, 2018, 12:36 pm

Proud aunt time. Here is what Nephew Alex has been working on for the Clemson football program: https://247sports.com/college/clemson/A ... 125503030/
Life is good!
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » November 29th, 2018, 7:12 pm

DukieInKansas wrote:Proud aunt time. Here is what Nephew Alex has been working on for the Clemson football program: https://247sports.com/college/clemson/A ... 125503030/
Supper great!!
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » November 29th, 2018, 7:15 pm

DukePA wrote:
I'll always thought you should have been a lawyer :)
If I had been, I would have had enjoyed it. Working as a paralegal for Duke was great.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » December 4th, 2018, 10:22 am

Yesterday I was in traffic court. There was a defendant who had been charged with defective equipment and expired inspection. He had gotten whatever was wrong with his car fixed and had gotten his inspection updated. In such cases, the judge can (if we don't squawk) dismiss the cases. I don't squawk if the person is cooperative with the officer. He was, so his cases were dismissed. Instead of leaving out the back door, however, he walked toward the fine hall. The judge said to him, "sir, you don't owe us anything. You can make a voluntary contribution to the county if you want to." (his usual statement. Most people laugh, say no and walk out.)

I said, "if you really want to make a voluntary contribution to the county, the Christmas tree in the entrance has bears on it for gifts for the less fortunate." Didn't think of it anymore.

When I got back from court, Shannon the assistant office manager (who collects the gifts for the less fortunate) had an odd look on her face. She said, "Did you send a man up here?" I said no. She said, "well, a man came up here and said he had money left over that he didn't have to pay the court, and gave me a $20 bill to help with gifts."

It got a little dusty in here after that. :ymhug:
Iron Duke #1471997.
DukieInKansas
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » December 4th, 2018, 11:16 am

lawgrad91 wrote:Yesterday I was in traffic court. There was a defendant who had been charged with defective equipment and expired inspection. He had gotten whatever was wrong with his car fixed and had gotten his inspection updated. In such cases, the judge can (if we don't squawk) dismiss the cases. I don't squawk if the person is cooperative with the officer. He was, so his cases were dismissed. Instead of leaving out the back door, however, he walked toward the fine hall. The judge said to him, "sir, you don't owe us anything. You can make a voluntary contribution to the county if you want to." (his usual statement. Most people laugh, say no and walk out.)

I said, "if you really want to make a voluntary contribution to the county, the Christmas tree in the entrance has bears on it for gifts for the less fortunate." Didn't think of it anymore.

When I got back from court, Shannon the assistant office manager (who collects the gifts for the less fortunate) had an odd look on her face. She said, "Did you send a man up here?" I said no. She said, "well, a man came up here and said he had money left over that he didn't have to pay the court, and gave me a $20 bill to help with gifts."

Great story! So nice to know that there are good people in the world - we need to share and hear these things. And I'm going to go dust my office now. :ymhug:

It got a little dusty in here after that. :ymhug:
Life is good!
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » December 7th, 2018, 3:12 pm

Is anyone going to the bowl game? I would love to go. The o lynch duke bowl game we went to was in Burham Al. We lost to Texas Tec. Steve Spurrier was our coach. People had signs "Steve, leave th play book". When it was obvious we were going to lose, one sign said "Steve, take the game book". That doesn't stop me from wanting to go.
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » December 7th, 2018, 3:32 pm

Very Duke Blue wrote:Is anyone going to the bowl game? I would love to go. The o lynch duke bowl game we went to was in Burham Al. We lost to Texas Tec. Steve Spurrier was our coach. People had signs "Steve, leave th play book". When it was obvious we were going to lose, one sign said "Steve, take the game book". That doesn't stop me from wanting to go.
That supposed to only Duke bowl game.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » December 9th, 2018, 4:56 pm

Very Duke Blue wrote:Is anyone going to the bowl game? I would love to go. The o lynch duke bowl game we went to was in Burham Al. We lost to Texas Tec. Steve Spurrier was our coach. People had signs "Steve, leave th play book". When it was obvious we were going to lose, one sign said "Steve, take the game book". That doesn't stop me from wanting to go.
That's the only bowl game I have been to. Mom will be in town and apparently the office cannot do without me this year, so I suppose I will be watching online. :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » December 16th, 2018, 9:30 am

I've debated back and forth going to Shreveport for the bowl game. Because I could also hit the tables there. However, after looking at my Buick and needing to get it fully back to functional before the end of January, the only real time I have to do that is during the Christmas break period when a couple guys from my car club are available to give me hand.

So, today, I'll donate a ticket in the hopes that someone local will go in my spot. Even if they really aren't a Duke fan. There is Barksdale AFB there as well as Fort Polk a little further away.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » December 25th, 2018, 1:25 pm

8B4C3E21-42E7-47E3-B823-DB15705DD154.jpeg
C9F97F5B-9377-43BA-9E22-D57CC3643A1E.jpeg
Christmas socks. :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » December 26th, 2018, 8:15 am

Vandy started sending socks when you give a gift to the alumni fund.
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » December 26th, 2018, 6:57 pm

Tornado warning in my area, woohoo!
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » December 27th, 2018, 5:55 pm

Has anyone had any good pop-tarts lately?
:-B
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
DukieInKansas

Post by DukieInKansas » January 5th, 2019, 9:17 pm

Finally made time to put Christmas pictures up on Facebook. Along with a really great note, Nephew Alex gave me something really special - his first ACC Championship ring. I still can't believe he did it.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =3&theater

I flunked adding a picture.
Life is good!