Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

DukePA
PWing School Associate Professor
PWing School Associate Professor

Re: Vibes for Ozzie

Post by DukePA » May 2nd, 2009, 12:15 pm

devildeac wrote:
OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
OZZIE4DUKE wrote: It doesn't feel too bad this morning. Better than I expected, actually, and while swollen, it hasn't turned black and blue yet! More ice and keeping it elevated is today's plan of action. Don't think I need to get "precautionary X-Rays".
Well, last night the black and blue showed up after being on my feet most of the day. Doesn't really hurt, but it looks nasty. It is sore to the touch. And interestingly enough, the impact point is well above where the black and blue is.
Looks like gangrene...
I stand by ready to perform my first amputation :lol: ! I'll use Wilson's pirates saber :ar! !! Aaarrgh!
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » May 2nd, 2009, 2:28 pm

DukePA wrote:
devildeac wrote: Aaarrgh!

Which is exactly what Ozzie will be saying ;)
". . . when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
— Samuel Johnson

----------

2010 & 2012 CTN NASCAR Fantasy League Champion. No lemurs were harmed in the winning of these titles.

----------
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » May 2nd, 2009, 5:11 pm

I shot an 83 today and it didn't bother me at all. :D I need to play better tomorrow.
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
cl15876
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by cl15876 » May 3rd, 2009, 3:02 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:I shot an 83 today and it didn't bother me at all. :D I need to play better tomorrow.
Ozzie - congrats on your score! Especially with the handicap!!!! Can't wait to hear today's outcome!
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » May 3rd, 2009, 6:33 pm

cl15876 wrote:
OZZIE4DUKE wrote:I shot an 83 today and it didn't bother me at all. :D I need to play better tomorrow.
Ozzie - congrats on your score! Especially with the handicap!!!! Can't wait to hear today's outcome!
I shot an 88. Didn't hit the ball as well and certainly didn't putt well, but taking 3 more shots to get on the green when you are in the middle of the fairway 90 yards from the pin, with nothing but grass between the ball and the green, well THAT was disappointing. There I was thinking easy PW (that stands for Pitching Wedge, not Post Whore :lol: )for a tap in birdie to making 6 on the hole. Grrrrrrrr. My partner played better and we won first net in our flight (actually, we tied for low gross in flight but lost on the card playoff, then won a playoff on the card for low net, where we were tied with a different team.)

The bruised spot, where it is not at all black and blue, is sore. All the dead blood has settled below the injury as shown in the pictures above.

cl15876

Post by cl15876 » May 3rd, 2009, 7:13 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
I shot an 88. Didn't hit the ball as well and certainly didn't putt well, .... THAT was disappointing.

Although your not accustomed to playing in my score range, an 88 isn't too bad! It never fails, hard to get the driving and putting game synchronized on the same day (at least me for me). ;)
OZZIE4DUKE wrote:There I was thinking easy PW (that stands for Pitching Wedge, not Post Whore :lol: )...

I drew a blank for a moment! =)) It's been a while since I've been on the golfcourse or looked at my clubs, so I appreciate the clarification! :D
OZZIE4DUKE wrote:.... won a playoff on the card for low net, where we were tied with a different team.)
Congrats! 1 for 2 isn't bad! :ymapplause:
OZZIE4DUKE wrote:...The bruised spot, where it is not at all black and blue, is sore. ....
Hope all continues to heal and will keep the vibes going for you!
DukieInKansas
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » May 3rd, 2009, 11:59 pm

Ozzie,

Sorry to hear about your injury. Glad that you were feeling well enough to play golf this weekend.

DukieInKansas
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » May 4th, 2009, 6:10 am

DukieInKansas wrote:Ozzie,

Sorry to hear about your injury. Glad that you were feeling well enough to play golf this weekend.

DukieInKansas
Glad that DinK's now posting on CrazieTalk!!

WELCOME!! :-bd \:D/ \m/
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
DukieInKansas
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » May 4th, 2009, 9:24 am

Lavabe wrote:

DukieInKansas

Thanks for the welcome. After 4/15 means less taxes, more time for me! :D
Life is good!
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » May 4th, 2009, 9:26 am

DukieInKansas wrote:
Lavabe wrote:

DukieInKansas

Thanks for the welcome. After 4/15 means less taxes, more time for me! :D
Woo-Hoo. Welcome to crazietalk!
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » May 4th, 2009, 1:45 pm

Ozzie, glad you're feeling better and was able to golf this weekend. Sending vibes for continued healing.

DinK, welcome to crazietalk. Woo hoo!!!
I worship the Blue Devil!
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » May 4th, 2009, 3:56 pm

cl15876 wrote:
Especially with the handicap!!!!

You mean his swing?
". . . when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
— Samuel Johnson

----------

2010 & 2012 CTN NASCAR Fantasy League Champion. No lemurs were harmed in the winning of these titles.

----------
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » May 4th, 2009, 7:05 pm

colchar wrote:
cl15876 wrote:
Especially with the handicap!!!!

You mean his swing?
My swing isn't bad, most of the time. It's the consistency thing that gets me.

OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » May 12th, 2009, 10:57 am

Just a quick update. Played golf on Saturday but rode in a cart instead of walking, because I didn't want to aggravate the bruise. Still some swelling and redness, but nothing much. On Sunday I walked 9 holes to test it, and no problem. Monday night was softball - I DH'd and got a runner when I got on base. Went 1 for 3 with a walk, a double and 2 RBI's. My runner on the double (I did run, although my usual hour-glass measured time was a bit slower than "normal" :D ) scored our third run in the inning during a 7 run 7th and an 18-17 come from behind win!

We play again tonight and will be short a few players. I've told the coach I'll play the outfield tonight. I'm just not ready, mentally, to pitch yet.

CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » May 12th, 2009, 5:16 pm

Glad to hear you're back on the field, did you do the shinguards?

Nix that, read the pitching comment. I guess base running in shin guards would be pretty goofy...but still funny as hell.
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » May 12th, 2009, 5:22 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:Glad to hear you're back on the field, did you do the shinguards?

Nix that, read the pitching comment. I guess base running in shin guards would be pretty goofy...but still funny as hell.
No, I didn't get the shin guards. Tried them on at Dick's Sporting Goods though. Didn't want to spend $90 on them, at least not last week... We'll see how good an idea saving the money turns out to be.

cl15876

Post by cl15876 » May 12th, 2009, 5:45 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
CameronBornAndBred wrote:Glad to hear you're back on the field, did you do the shinguards?

No, I didn't get the shin guards. Tried them on at Dick's Sporting Goods though. Didn't want to spend $90 on them, at least not last week... We'll see how good an idea saving the money turns out to be.
I too am glad to hear you are being a good patient and getting better! Good luck tonight and Ya know, a golf cart driver has to take care of his prize partner by keeping the cooler stocked! :-D
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » May 12th, 2009, 11:28 pm

cl15876 wrote: I too am glad to hear you are being a good patient and getting better! Good luck tonight and Ya know, a golf cart driver has to take care of his prize partner by keeping the cooler stocked! :-D
I played left field tonight. Caught two fly balls and got an assist on a 7-6-1-5 play at third. Didn't make an error, and considering I hadn't shagged any fly balls in over a year, I was really pleased. :D Oh, we came from behind in the last inning to win again tonight. I think the final score was 16 - 15 (we were home team and had no outs when the winning run scored).

As for keeping the cooler stocked, I can play golf and I can drink beer, but I can't do both seriously at the same time. I know because I used to try, but the results weren't what I was looking for :roll: Now DukeTaylor, he can put away the Bud Lights while playing golf without any deterioration in his game, and he was an All American golfer at Duke (back in the day).

CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » May 12th, 2009, 11:30 pm

Congrats on the win!
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » May 13th, 2009, 8:26 am

Congratulations Ozzie! Glad to read you're getting better. :D
I worship the Blue Devil!