Vibes for Ozzie

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

cl15876
PWing School Endowed Professor

Re: Vibes for Ozzie

Post by cl15876 » April 28th, 2009, 3:09 pm

Ozzie - WOW, that does look aweful! I am glad the ice is working for you along with the cold bud light! :D I am not sure what to think about that 3rd knee cloning project (that was cute), but it did get me to thinking about preserving your golfing prowess, thus I propose the following new softball uniforms be utilized immediately! ;)
Ozzie-softball.jpg
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » April 28th, 2009, 4:24 pm

cl15876 wrote:Ozzie - WOW, that does look aweful! I am glad the ice is working for you along with the cold bud light! :D I am not sure what to think about that 3rd knee cloning project (that was cute), but it did get me to thinking about preserving your golfing prowess, thus I propose the following new softball uniforms be utilized immediately! ;)
Ozzie-softball.jpg
Ya know, I like that! Someone did suggest that I need shin guards, and if I pitch again, I will seriously consider getting a pair of full-sized catcher's shin guards. I might dig out my old football helmet as well, although after 34 years of rot, I'd probably need to get a new one. Maybe a catcher's mask instead! Tools of ignorance my ass. I think that's a pretty smart idea myself! :D
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
EarlJam
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by EarlJam » April 28th, 2009, 5:13 pm

cl15876 wrote:Was just talking with Mrs. Ozzie and she has advised that Ozzie took one for the team tonight while playing softball in the ankle and he is on the injured reserve list! :( Prayers and vibes to Ozzie for a speedy recovery so he can excel in the upcoming golf tourney this weekend! With scores like his, I'll be caddying soon for him and you'll see us on the tele playing with Tiger himself! Ozzie, keep the ankle up and no more kicking the dog out of frustration (just kidding) :D. Seriously, I hope the swelling goes down, so keep the ice on it and eat the steak (no use in experiencing two way pain, ankle and watching a wonderful steak wasted on a swollen ankle)! Get the x-rays if the swelling doesn't go down, listen to Mrs. Ozzie and be a good patient! Call if you need to chat!
Aw man. I did this years back when I flipped the ankle over on first base. NOT fun! GET WELL SOON OZ!

And please, by all means, PM me and I'll tell you where to send all your extra pain killers. You know, just to flush them and such for your own protection.

Seriously, here's hoisting a beer and hoping for a speedy recovery!

-Dan
Your mama wears combat boots to bed.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » April 28th, 2009, 6:28 pm

cl15876 wrote:Ozzie - WOW, that does look aweful! I am glad the ice is working for you along with the cold bud light! :D I am not sure what to think about that 3rd knee cloning project (that was cute), but it did get me to thinking about preserving your golfing prowess, thus I propose the following new softball uniforms be utilized immediately! ;)
Ozzie-softball.jpg
I'll pay money to go see the softball game when Ozzie comes out to pitch duded up like that! :))
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » April 28th, 2009, 6:36 pm

devildeac wrote:
Ozzie-softball.jpg
I'll pay money to go see the softball game when Ozzie comes out to pitch duded up like that! :))
Just get bring him a 12 pack of Bud Light.
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » April 28th, 2009, 6:38 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:
devildeac wrote:
Ozzie-softball.jpg
Just get bring him a 12 pack of Bud Light.
It's church league. No drinking until AFTER the game :evil:

Miles

Post by Miles » April 28th, 2009, 6:58 pm

Vibes!!!

Did your team win?
:ymcowboy: 8-x @};- :@) @-) :-B
sMiles
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » April 28th, 2009, 7:30 pm

Miles wrote:Vibes!!!

Did your team win?
No, I was told we lost 20 - 13; we were ahead 13-11 going into the last inning. Damn relief pitchers were about as effective as the Yankees' this season. We led 3 - 0 (I scored our second run) when I left after 3 batters in the bottom of the first.

Miles

Post by Miles » April 28th, 2009, 7:49 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
Miles wrote:Vibes!!!

Did your team win?
No, I was told we lost 20 - 13; we were ahead 13-11 going into the last inning. Damn relief pitchers were about as effective as the Yankees' this season. We led 3 - 0 (I scored our second run) when I left after 3 batters in the bottom of the first.
Now that is a tragedy! Don't your teammates know what it means to take one?
sMiles
Ima Facultiwyfe
PWing School Professor

Post by Ima Facultiwyfe » April 29th, 2009, 7:43 am

Hey Sweet Oz!
Gosh! I just checked in to see how things were going around CrazieTown. Oh, I'm so sorry to hear you've been sidelined! What an ouchy boo boo! Could have been a LOT worse, though, huh!? Hope you are getting lots and lots of TLC. We've got a bank of vibes around here to draw from, as you know. Here are some we're sharing backatcha!!!!
:-bd :-c :-h \:D/ :ympeace: :ympray:
Love, Ima
"We will never NEVER go away." -- D. Cutcliffe
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » April 29th, 2009, 10:36 am

Ima Facultiwyfe wrote:Hey Sweet Oz!
Gosh! I just checked in to see how things were going around CrazieTown. Oh, I'm so sorry to hear you've been sidelined! What an ouchy boo boo! Could have been a LOT worse, though, huh!? Hope you are getting lots and lots of TLC. We've got a bank of vibes around here to draw from, as you know. Here are some we're sharing backatcha!!!!
Love, Ima
Ima's here! Welcome, Ima!
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » April 29th, 2009, 10:53 am

Ozzie, what is the update today? Any pictures to share?
I worship the Blue Devil!
captmojo
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Post by captmojo » April 29th, 2009, 7:42 pm

You weren't airlifted, were you?
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » April 29th, 2009, 10:02 pm

Love, Ima
Ima, my problem is so minor compared to your daughter's that I am embarrassed to have you even mention them. But thank you for your kind comments.

I'm doing well - the swelling is down some and I'm moving around mostly pain free. I should be able to play golf this weekend. Nothing to take pictures of.

Thanks to all for the vibes, they have obviously worked and I'd like to transfer the remaining vibes to Ima's daughter.

captmojo
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Post by captmojo » April 30th, 2009, 6:09 am

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
Love, Ima
Ima, my problem is so minor compared to your daughter's that I am embarrassed to have you even mention them. But thank you for your kind comments.

I'm doing well - the swelling is down some and I'm moving around mostly pain free. I should be able to play golf this weekend. Nothing to take pictures of.

Thanks to all for the vibes, they have obviously worked and I'd like to transfer the remaining vibes to Ima's daughter.
I'm trying to joke and Oz comes up classy. I transfer vibes as well.
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » April 30th, 2009, 2:49 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote: It doesn't feel too bad this morning. Better than I expected, actually, and while swollen, it hasn't turned black and blue yet! More ice and keeping it elevated is today's plan of action. Don't think I need to get "precautionary X-Rays".
Well, last night the black and blue showed up after being on my feet most of the day. Doesn't really hurt, but it looks nasty. It is sore to the touch. And interestingly enough, the impact point is well above where the black and blue is.
Attachments
Ankle, 4-27-2009 011.jpg
Interesting color scheme...

knights68
Full Time Student at PWing school
Full Time Student at PWing school

Post by knights68 » April 30th, 2009, 7:24 pm

'Oz man, so sorry to hear you took a hit. Bet that softball never knew what hit 'em! lol
The pictures, that's severe dude!Best vibes coming your way. Hope you get better and back on your feet er ummm, ankle soon!
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » April 30th, 2009, 11:52 pm

The attachment Ozzie-softball.jpg is no longer available
I'm thinking about this stuff if I decide to pitch again.
Attachments
Shin Guards.jpg
Shin Guards.jpg (100.45 KiB) Viewed 520 times
Catcher's Helmet.jpg
Catcher's Helmet.jpg (19.57 KiB) Viewed 520 times

colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » May 1st, 2009, 1:30 am

While your injury sucks (mostly because it might prevent you from playing or, more importantly, from golfing for a week or so) and I'm sending good vibes for your recovery, seeing that photo of your bruise reminds me of an injury my brother suffered playing football in high school. We just thought he had suffered the worst charley horse in history but, after having knee surgery a couple of years later, the doctor told us that, while working on his knee, he had cut away about 1/2 an inch of bone because it hadn't set properly after his femur had been broken. When my parents tried to tell him that my brother had never broken his femur he said he most definitely had and that he could A) show us the x-ray proving it (I guess they can see old injuries in x-rays) and B) show us the piece of bone he had removed. After some discussion he and my parents concluded that what we had thought was just the worst charley horse ever had actually been a broken/cracked femur.
". . . when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
— Samuel Johnson

----------

2010 & 2012 CTN NASCAR Fantasy League Champion. No lemurs were harmed in the winning of these titles.

----------
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » May 1st, 2009, 10:43 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
OZZIE4DUKE wrote: It doesn't feel too bad this morning. Better than I expected, actually, and while swollen, it hasn't turned black and blue yet! More ice and keeping it elevated is today's plan of action. Don't think I need to get "precautionary X-Rays".
Well, last night the black and blue showed up after being on my feet most of the day. Doesn't really hurt, but it looks nasty. It is sore to the touch. And interestingly enough, the impact point is well above where the black and blue is.
Looks like gangrene...