Vibes for Ozzie

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

cl15876
PWing School Endowed Professor

Vibes for Ozzie

Post by cl15876 » April 27th, 2009, 10:14 pm

Was just talking with Mrs. Ozzie and she has advised that Ozzie took one for the team tonight while playing softball in the ankle and he is on the injured reserve list! :( Prayers and vibes to Ozzie for a speedy recovery so he can excel in the upcoming golf tourney this weekend! With scores like his, I'll be caddying soon for him and you'll see us on the tele playing with Tiger himself! Ozzie, keep the ankle up and no more kicking the dog out of frustration (just kidding) :D. Seriously, I hope the swelling goes down, so keep the ice on it and eat the steak (no use in experiencing two way pain, ankle and watching a wonderful steak wasted on a swollen ankle)! Get the x-rays if the swelling doesn't go down, listen to Mrs. Ozzie and be a good patient! Call if you need to chat!
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Re: Vibes for Ozzie

Post by ArkieDukie » April 27th, 2009, 10:22 pm

Get well vibes coming your way, Ozzie!
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » April 27th, 2009, 10:52 pm

Thanks to clbunchofnumbers and ArkieDukie. I'll live, but I expect I'll be gimpy for a while until the swelling goes down. Don't know how long I'll be on the DL, but I do hope that I can play golf this weekend.

As some of you know, I pitch slow pitch church league softball, have for 25 years or so. 3 or 4 years ago, I got hit on the right leg with a batted ball just below the knee on the inside side just off the shin bone. It took 9 months for all the swelling to go away, there is still some black and blue under the skin and if I lightly touch the spot I feel the tingle on the other side of the shin bone about 4 inches lower. Tonight's ball hit me about a 12 inches lower, just above the ankle point. It's swollen, but no where near as big as the other one. My doctor/golf partner made a house call tonight and said as long as I can bear weight on it (I can) it probably isn't broken. He did bring me some nice "samples" of pain killer :D . I may have "films" taken tomorrow anyway at his office, just to be sure.

Ho do I upload a picture from my computer into a post? I can do it on TBTSNBN, but don't see how to do it here - Img and URL clearly aren't what I want as my computer isn't a server.
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » April 27th, 2009, 11:00 pm

Get well soon, man. Those are never fun. I've had a few myself. I always wondered why they called it softball. They're NOT to soft when they're hitting you, are they?

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » April 27th, 2009, 11:06 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote: ... How do I upload a picture from my computer into a post? ...
Ozzie - glad to hear that it isn't as serious as your previous injury, but I still feel your pain! Still not fun! Regarding the upload process, when you post a reply or quote a post, scroll down below the area you type your response and to the left you will see a tab that says "upload attachment". Click on that tab and then you will be able to select browse to find the file you want to upload from your computer, select the file you want, then click add file. Once you've uploaded, then press place inline and then preview and you'll see what you are about to post.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » April 27th, 2009, 11:07 pm

bjornolf wrote:Get well soon, man. Those are never fun. I've had a few myself. I always wondered why they called it softball. They're NOT to soft when they're hitting you, are they?

%%-
Hell no, they're not soft! And the ball comes back at the pitcher a helluva lot faster than they go out!

I've been lucky to catch many shots hit at my head over the years, but the ones to the lower right of my body, well, my glove (on the left hand) doesn't move that fast.

OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » April 27th, 2009, 11:08 pm

cl15876 wrote:
OZZIE4DUKE wrote: ... How do I upload a picture from my computer into a post? ...
Ozzie - glad to hear that it isn't as serious as your previous injury, but I still feel your pain! Still not fun! Regarding the upload process, when you post a reply or quote a post, scroll down below the area you type your response and to the left you will see a tab that says "upload attachment". Click on that tab and then you will be able to select browse to find the file you want to upload from your computer, select the file you want, then click add file. Once you've uploaded, then press place inline and then preview and you'll see what you are about to post.
Thanks!

cl15876

Post by cl15876 » April 27th, 2009, 11:18 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
bjornolf wrote:Get well soon, man. Those are never fun. I've had a few myself. I always wondered why they called it softball. They're NOT to soft when they're hitting you, are they?

%%-
Hell no, they're not soft! And the ball comes back at the pitcher a helluva lot faster than they go out!

I've been lucky to catch many shots hit at my head over the years, but the ones to the lower right of my body, well, my glove (on the left hand) doesn't move that fast.
I concur, they are from SOFT! II've experienced many a jammed thumb and bruise because of that damn SOFT ball hit by the big bohemith of a man trying to rock the world to be a hero! Being an ol' baseball player, I'd rather get hit with a baseball than experience the pain of that dog gone "SOFT" ball! I can remember the coach saying use your body to stop it, no matter what...... L-) Yes, I follow instructions well, ... so I'm thinking NOW (not then, a fearless athlete in the making).... Why the Heck don't you try it after many a bruises and sacrificing ME for the team!!!! B-) :D ;)
captmojo
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Post by captmojo » April 28th, 2009, 6:07 am

Get well soon, sir. This is the horror of all pitchers but for the shot that comes straight back for the head. b-( b-(
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » April 28th, 2009, 7:02 am

Get well, get well soon.
We hope you get well soon.

Get well, get well soon.
We hope you get well soon.

cake.jpg
I worship the Blue Devil!
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » April 28th, 2009, 7:31 am

Feel better soon, Ozzie!
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » April 28th, 2009, 7:40 am

Just remember, Tiger won on a broken leg! Hope your good to go by tourney time.
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » April 28th, 2009, 8:01 am

Thanks Capt., Tilly, Cathy and Chris.

It doesn't feel too bad this morning. Better than I expected, actually, and while swollen, it hasn't turned black and blue yet! More ice and keeping it elevated is today's plan of action. Don't think I need to get "precautionary X-Rays".

devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » April 28th, 2009, 8:02 am

Get well soon!

You mean there's a better pain killer than copious quantities of bud lite? :roll: ?
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
IamDuke
PW in training
PW in training

Post by IamDuke » April 28th, 2009, 8:33 am

Good vibes to you OzzieWhat ticks me off is the time it takes to get an injury & the time it takes to heal. Such a waste. :ymhug:
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » April 28th, 2009, 10:21 am

OK, here's a couple of pics of the ankle. And for comparison, a shot of my shin from a couple of years ago. The ankle is no where near as bad...

Funny story. I was at the beach a few weeks after the shin bruise and my niece saw the bump on my shin. She said it looked like a knee, so I started tell people that I was part of the Duke knee cloning project and I was growing an extra knee for transplant to someone who needed a knee replacement. There were some people who bought into the story. Cracked me up!
Attachments
Old Canon ZB Pics 523.jpg
Shin
Ankle, 4-27-2009 006.jpg
Ankle
Ankle, 4-27-2009 005.jpg
Ankle

CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » April 28th, 2009, 10:50 am

Wow, that looks horrible! Way to take one for the team, ice it down with a 6 pack of cold Bud Lite.
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » April 28th, 2009, 10:55 am

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:OK, here's a couple of pics of the ankle. And for comparison, a shot of my shin from a couple of years ago. The ankle is no where near as bad...

Funny story. I was at the beach a few weeks after the shin bruise and my niece saw the bump on my shin. She said it looked like a knee, so I started tell people that I was part of the Duke knee cloning project and I was growing an extra knee for transplant to someone who needed a knee replacement. There were some people who bought into the story. Cracked me up!
I'd amputate... :roll:
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » April 28th, 2009, 10:55 am

CameronBornAndBred wrote:Wow, that looks horrible! Way to take one for the team, ice it down with a 6 pack of cold Bud Lite.
That is about the only good use I could come up with for that product... :roll:
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » April 28th, 2009, 12:40 pm

devildeac wrote:
CameronBornAndBred wrote:Wow, that looks horrible! Way to take one for the team, ice it down with a 6 pack of cold Bud Lite.
That is about the only good use I could come up with for that product... :roll:
When you're hiking in areas where the quality of the water is uncertain, a cold Bud Lite is better than drinking the water. :ymsick:

Here's to hoping that Ozzie is on the mend!
Cheers,
Lavabe
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.