Some Context - CNC please read.

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

mattman91
Part Time Student at PWing school

Some Context - CNC please read.

Post by mattman91 » October 20th, 2020, 8:14 pm

It is good to be back on Crazietalk! Thanks to CB&B for the reminder that bans from OY do not apply here.

I know many of you saw my, um, controversial response to a post from a certain moderator OY. I've seen the comments here and there of support (mostly) and a few of disgust. I do not regret a word of what was said. Was it a bit childish? Sure. I laughed. I also wanted to be sure to get my money's worth on what I thought would surely be my final post.

I have had beef with said moderator for a couple of years. Not due to his arrogance, and certainly not his politics.

A few years ago during the NBA Mock Draft, he made a rule that anyone who was late with their pick and held up the draft would get an infraction. Fair enough. When my time came to pick, I was driving to the hospital an hour from home to visit my father who had a medical emergency. At this point I had already received an infraction (didn't care) and made a post apologizing about delaying the draft and briefly explaining the situation. Said moderator replied with a bullshit "rules are rules" response then encouraged others to flame me. I received no flames, but several sporks in support and condemning his actions. Now, I could care less about sporks. I care about a lot of things, but internet clout is NOT one of them. What bothered me was the way he so heartlessly handled the situation.

The post I responded to was just one of several snarky comments over the years from him. What he said was very insensitive, and if someone from the other side of the political spectrum were to make a similar kind of generalization about the other side they would surely be punished. As a moderator, that was beyond wrong. I could no longer hold back.

TLDR; fuck him.

CNC - I saw your comment. I would like to publicly apologize for being a dick to you. I hope we can learn to agree to disagree and move on from the petty things. Believe it or not, I'm not as conservative or "far right" as I may seem in my posts. I'm actually more of a libertarian (small L!) with some conservative leanings. We probably have a lot in common. Shoot me a PM if you'd like to discuss anything privately.

And for all my haters, my ban is temporary. I'll be back at 10:00 pm EST tomorrow night 8-}
:obscene-drinkingbuddies:
OPK
Graduate Student at PWing school

Re: Some Context - CNC please read.

Post by OPK » October 20th, 2020, 8:44 pm

Glad you will be back!

Not sure which of my posts were left OY and which got deleted, or what I posted here and what I posted there. So, long/short: I think his post was insulting to those who are not pro-Biden Duke grads. I am pretty comfortable in saying that was not his intent though. I also understand the frustration that led to your response, but you gotta admit the response was such a harsh personal attack that you may want to PM him about to smooth a bit.

But all of that is my peacemaker nature, honed by my daily dealing with deep-felt conflict for about three decades now. (Being a courtroom lawyer kinds sucks that way; I deal with this kind of stuff every day). I’ve told everyone my thoughts, y’all do what you want.

Anyway, I’ve said all I plan to about it. Glad you will be back, glad Jason volunteers to moderate a contentious thread. I hope those two things are not incompatible to anyone.

Maybe everyone just needs to share a virtual beer and put the past in the past.
OPK

Post by OPK » October 20th, 2020, 8:48 pm

OPK wrote:
October 20th, 2020, 8:44 pm
Glad you will be back!

Not sure which of my posts were left OY and which got deleted, or what I posted here and what I posted there. So, long/short: I think his post was insulting to those who are not pro-Biden Duke grads. I am very comfortable in saying that was not his intent though. I also understand the frustration that led to your response. But I am sure you would be the first to admit that the response was a really harsh personal attack. You may want to PM him to smooth things a bit.

But all of that is my peacemaker nature, honed by my daily dealing with deep-felt conflict for about three decades now. (Being a courtroom lawyer kinds sucks that way; I deal with this kind of stuff every day). I’ve told everyone my thoughts, y’all do what you want.

Anyway, I’ve said all I plan to about it. Glad you will be back, glad Jason volunteers to moderate a contentious thread. I hope those two things are not incompatible to anyone.

mattman91

Post by mattman91 » October 20th, 2020, 8:52 pm

OPK wrote:
October 20th, 2020, 8:44 pm
Glad you will be back!

Not sure which of my posts were left OY and which got deleted, or what I posted here and what I posted there. So, long/short: I think his post was insulting to those who are not pro-Biden Duke grads. I am pretty comfortable in saying that was not his intent though. I also understand the frustration that led to your response, but you gotta admit the response was such a harsh personal attack that you may want to PM him about to smooth a bit.

Thanks, OPK.

I understand where you are coming from. Maybe I'll feel differently about it in a few days, but for now I have no plans to do so. I lost all respect for him long ago. But you are correct, I should have attacked the post and not the poster.

Can't wait to toast a virtual Trappist beer with you in a couple of weeks!
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » October 20th, 2020, 10:24 pm

:wizard: :wizard: :wizard:

I'm so happy that I was able to bear witness to your post before it got toasted.
And I toast to it!

:D :beer:
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
mattman91

Post by mattman91 » October 23rd, 2020, 3:25 pm

For what it's worth, Jason and I have made amends. I went overboard, and I was wrong. I emailed him an apology and we have moved on. I wish him no ill will.

I don't want my DBR account back, and made that clear to him. It obviously was not good for me :veryconfused: *

**So many emojis here, I have a hard time choosing the ones that best fit. :ymsmug:
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » October 23rd, 2020, 3:41 pm

mattman91 wrote:
October 23rd, 2020, 3:25 pm
For what it's worth, Jason and I have made amends. I went overboard, and I was wrong. I emailed him an apology and we have moved on. I wish him no ill will.

I don't want my DBR account back, and made that clear to him. It obviously was not good for me :veryconfused: *

**So many emojis here, I have a hard time choosing the ones that best fit. :ymsmug:
:ymapplause: :ymapplause:

PS...if you can't find a smilie to fit your needs here, this place isn't good for you either. ;)
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
OPK

Post by OPK » October 23rd, 2020, 6:18 pm

mattman91 wrote:
Good show.
richardjackson199
PWing as a hobby
PWing as a hobby

Post by richardjackson199 » October 23rd, 2020, 9:26 pm

mattman91 wrote:

Kudos to you both for doing that :clap:
richardjackson199
PWing as a hobby
PWing as a hobby

Post by richardjackson199 » October 23rd, 2020, 10:15 pm

mattman91 wrote:

I mean how fun are these emojis: :text-banplz: