Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

Bob Green
PWing School Endowed Professor

Duke at Tulane (37-7 victory) game discussion

Post by Bob Green » August 27th, 2015, 5:07 pm

Seven Days! Let's get this party started:

http://www.goduke.com/ViewArticle.dbml? ... =210295195

Duke is a 9.5 points favorite with the over/under set at 47. I'm taking Duke and the over:

Duke 31, Tulane 17
Bob Green

Re: Duke at Tulane game discussion

Post by Bob Green » August 27th, 2015, 6:37 pm

We need to keep an eye on Tropical Storm Erika, which has formed in the Atlantic and has the potential to grow into Hurricane Erika. Current track projections do not show her moving into the Gulf of Mexico, but the potential for a lot of rain being dumped on the Gulf Coast next week is there:

devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » August 27th, 2015, 7:43 pm

Bob Green wrote:We need to keep an eye on Tropical Storm Erika, which has formed in the Atlantic and has the potential to grow into Hurricane Erika. Current track projections do not show her moving into the Gulf of Mexico, but the potential for a lot of rain being dumped on the Gulf Coast next week is there:

I hereby designate you chief meteorology officer :D .

Seriously, I'll look forward to updates on this, Bob. Thanks for bringing this to our attention.
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
Devil in the Blue Dress
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by Devil in the Blue Dress » August 27th, 2015, 9:01 pm

Anyone planning to visit New Orleans in August or September must consider that there may be a lot of rain.

I've been following the forecasts for a while and note that predicted high temperatures in the upper 90s accompanied by high humidity keep popping in and out of the updated forecasts. Thunderstorms may be popping up as well.

Look for our guys to work through a little adjustment to the game day conditions as the game begins, but expect them to establish a rhythm on both offense and defense. One key will be to stay fresh... we may see a quite a few different guys play. Other keys may include executing precisely and changing up the tempo. ;;)
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » August 28th, 2015, 2:41 pm

9:30 kickoff (for us in the East). Good thing I don't work on Friday. :D
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
wolfpackdevil
Part Time Student at PWing school

Post by wolfpackdevil » August 28th, 2015, 6:03 pm

AllenMurray and I will be starting our journey to Louisiana on Tuesday! We bought our tickets, (behind the duke sideline), a couple of weeks ago and I cannot contain my excitement for the game!!!!

Earlier today, Duke released the uniform combination for the game. We will be wearing blue helmets, white jerseys, and white pants for the game on Thursday. I posted a picture of the combination below. This will be the first time we have worn this combination since September 7th, 2013. Coincidentally, that game was also an away game against an American Athletic Conference team, Memphis. We won the game 28-14 with a very impressive performance from Brandon Connette who was filling in for an injured Anthony Boone.

Can't wait to post more about the the game in the days to come! GO DUKE!
Attachments
CNhJmWlXAAAg_SO.jpg
dpslaw

Post by dpslaw » August 28th, 2015, 9:35 pm

Looks like the remnants of Erika will be closer to Charlotte than New Orleans on Thursday.
Devil in the Blue Dress

Post by Devil in the Blue Dress » August 28th, 2015, 10:04 pm

dpslaw wrote:Looks like the remnants of Erika will be closer to Charlotte than New Orleans on Thursday.
The current forecast on weather.com predicts a 60% chance of scattered thunderstorms on game night. ;;)

Good rain gear may be needed.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » August 28th, 2015, 10:19 pm

wolfpackdevil wrote:AllenMurray and I will be starting our journey to Louisiana on Tuesday! We bought our tickets, (behind the duke sideline), a couple of weeks ago and I cannot contain my excitement for the game!!!!

Earlier today, Duke released the uniform combination for the game. We will be wearing blue helmets, white jerseys, and white pants for the game on Thursday. I posted a picture of the combination below. This will be the first time we have worn this combination since September 7th, 2013. Coincidentally, that game was also an away game against an American Athletic Conference team, Memphis. We won the game 28-14 with a very impressive performance from Brandon Connette who was filling in for an injured Anthony Boone.

That's outstanding. Just don't break Dad's budget and eat too many shrimp and/or oyster Po' Boys. :D
Bob Green

Post by Bob Green » August 29th, 2015, 7:48 am

Tropical Storm Erika could be breaking up:

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/text/refresh/MI ... 0854.shtml
Although this would normally be an appropriate time for a tropical storm watch for portions of southern Florida following typical timelines, we have elected to wait until later today to see if the circulation of Erika has survived its interaction with Hispaniola. An Air Force Reserve Hurricane Hunter aircraft will be investigating Erika later this morning. There is a significant chance that no watches or warnings for Florida will be required.
Bob Green

Post by Bob Green » August 29th, 2015, 7:50 am

devildeac wrote:That's outstanding. Just don't break Dad's budget and eat too many shrimp and/or oyster Po' Boys. :D
Have a great time! And eat a plate of jambalaya and bowl of gumbo for me.
Devil in the Blue Dress

Post by Devil in the Blue Dress » August 29th, 2015, 11:45 am

Expect crowds in New Orleans during the coming week. The Southern Decadence Festival is September 2-7. There is also a local festival running at one of the city parks.....Louisiana Seafood Festival, September 4-6 at City Park Festival Grounds.

While the chances of rain on game day have declined somewhat, the normal weather for this time of the year makes it difficult to rule out rain. If you leave your rain boots at home, one can find some very stylish ones locally. ;;)
Bob Green

Post by Bob Green » August 29th, 2015, 12:08 pm

devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » August 29th, 2015, 5:04 pm

Bob Green wrote:Here is my stab at a game preview:

http://bluedevilnation.net/2015/08/game ... at-tulane/

The internet hack nails it again ;) ! Thanks, Bob.

:clap:
DevilWearsPrada2.0
PWing School Professor

Post by DevilWearsPrada2.0 » August 31st, 2015, 10:33 am

wolfpackdevil wrote:AllenMurray and I will be starting our journey to Louisiana on Tuesday! We bought our tickets, (behind the duke sideline), a couple of weeks ago and I cannot contain my excitement for the game!!!!

Have safe travels and enjoy your journey to New Orleans!!! Let's Go Duke!!!!
Devil in the Blue Dress

Post by Devil in the Blue Dress » September 2nd, 2015, 2:21 pm

A minor monsoon has set in. Heavy thunderstorms expected this afternoon. That line of storms will move on prior to when the team will be in their approach for landing. Tomorrow will be be much better with less rain likely. By game time it may even be clear, though widely scattered thunderstorms are possible. ;;)
DevilWearsPrada2.0
PWing School Professor

Post by DevilWearsPrada2.0 » September 3rd, 2015, 9:56 am

The PreGame Hype Video is awesome on GoDuke.com I have watched it several times!!!!!!!

#DukeGang

:happy-bouncyblue: :duke: :duke: :happy-bouncyblue: :duke: :duke:
wolfpackdevil

Post by wolfpackdevil » September 3rd, 2015, 12:07 pm

It's been 251 days since the loss to Arizona State. 251 LONG days.

So pumped to be here and can't wait to watch the game tonight.

As far as the game itself, I feel very confident about Duke's chances. Even with the loss of Fields, we got out of training camp with a pretty healthy roster. Having Wilson 100% for tonight is a very promising sign. I believe that the combination of Powell and Wilson should be able to rack up some serious yards against Tulane tonight. Another guy that could play well is Braxton Deaver. In 2013, Deaver was one of our most reliable pass catchers. I expect Sirk to target him a lot tonight to get into the rhythm of the offense.

Stopping the run will be huge for our defense. Tulane racked up over 200 rushing yards last year against us, and I imagine they will look to do the same tonight. Our front 6 is a young group, and guys like Dwyane Norman, Zavier Carmichael, Carlos Wray, and AJ Wolf will be vital if we expect to slow Tulane's rushing attack down.

I believe this Duke team is a more talented group that last year. I do think this will be a close, competitive game. The combination of a solid running attack, excellent special teams, and one of the best secondary's in the country will be too strong for the Green Wave tonight.

Duke 31
Tulane 21
Ima Facultiwyfe
PWing School Professor

Post by Ima Facultiwyfe » September 3rd, 2015, 10:35 pm

They look sooooooooo purty!!!!!! The uniforms are gorgeous. The helmets glow like sapphires! Love the stripes down the sides of the pants and shirts. I think I have an old lady crush on Sirk. What a dude! It's gonna be a fun year fer sher!
Love, Ima
"We will never NEVER go away." -- D. Cutcliffe
DevilWearsPrada2.0
PWing School Professor

Post by DevilWearsPrada2.0 » September 4th, 2015, 6:26 am

The Duke Blue Devils start the season off with a Romp!!!!!!

Let's Go Duke!!!!!!!!!!!!